Chuck Williams just left my house.. I still am speachless!!!!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2002, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are a member of the tour, you may want to wait to read this until Chuck visits your home.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Just a quick update for my fellow members of the tour.
Chuck came to my home today to ISF my display. I will get to what he did in a little bit.
First off, I am AMAZED with what he did. Chuck may think that I am a little nuts, because I kept swearing at my display,because I had absolutely no idea how good this could actually be.

I have read all the hype around the boards, talking about how good Chuck is, and what wonders he can work with displays, but nothing could have prepared me for what the end result was. As he was connecting the component cables to my Set Top Box, a black and white image appeared. I started laughing because it was so amazing. He said "Fred, I haven't hooked them all up yet, but the black and white image was amazing.

On HD.net, the Peter Arnett Taliban show was on, and there was a man on the screen. You could make out every single one of the facial hairs on his head. He then hooked the rest of the component cables in, and it looked outstanding.This is what HDTV really should look like. If you have read some of Chucks customer testimonials over at the spot, you may have come across words like "window like" meaning it looks like you are watching people through a window. I now know what these people were talking about. It honestly looks like you are really there!

I am amazed with Chucks work, and I would not hesitate to have him back again(when I need a tune up in a couple of years:)) I had chuck give me "The Works", and let me tell you that he made my Mits sing.I am honestly amazed at how good this looks. While operating on my display, Chuck let explained everything that he was doing, and even got me involved a little.(He let me look through his color bars to show me how messed up the color decoder was)
For those of you thinking about having on of the GREATS out to your home, I can honestly say, this is truely a no brainer! I am going to watch my display now. I will post more feedback in a little. IF there is someone in Cleveland who is thinking about buying a Hidef display, I invite you to visit my home to see this work of art.
Chuck is truely an artist, and I am so fortunate to have had him come to my home and work his magic.

Enjoy your calibration everyone:), I know I did.

Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.

Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2002, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Aw man... when's chuck going to venture to Wisconsin? :(

Xbox Live ID: MihmsMe
Old 04-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Fred, what RPTV do you have?

Do you have questions about life? Ask me.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A Mits Diamond 55907 HDTV, make that a Chuck Williams Mits 55907:D

Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.