Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 747 Old 12-05-2011, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

The TV converts any and every compatible incoming signal that is not already 1080p / 60Hz to 1080p / 60Hs. This is because the TV displays at only one rate, 1080p / 60Hz.

If you send 1080i into the TV, it de-interlaces that to 1080p. If you send 720p into the TV it upconverts that to 1080p. If you send 480p into the TV, it upconverts that to 1080p. If you send 480i, it de-interlaces that to 480p and then upconverts that to 1080p. If you send 1080p 30Hz into the TV it doubles that to 1080p 60Hz. If you send 1080p 24Hz (fps) it uses 3:2 pull down to convert that to 1080p 60HZ.

If you send 1080p 60Hz into the TV, the TV does not covert or change that. So you real question is where is the best place for your ATT box's signal to be converted from 1080i to 1080p? That will depend on where the best conversion circuits are. However LaserVue has rather good conversion circuits, it is might still be possible to have more expensive and better conversion circuits elsewhere. How much visible difference and whether it is cost effective would still remain a question that only trying could answer.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I'm not going to worry about spending a ton of money for the latest video processing in my new AVR then.

BTW, I am very happy with the picture quality of the Laservue. I upgraded from a Samsung 67A750 LED DLP and the Laservue wins hands-down in color and clarity. Me, and especially my wife don't like the look of the LED's, unless I see an 80 inch Elite LED or Panasonic Plasma for about 3K, the L75-A91 was the perfect choice for us. When I was in the store it didn't look all that great but once I got it home it really came to life and looked incredible. I've heard similar stories on this forum regarding how it looks in the store and agree that once you get one of these home, it makes all the difference.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johssm View Post

Thank you, that is very helpful. I'm not going to worry about spending a ton of money for the latest video processing in my new AVR then.

BTW, I am very happy with the picture quality of the Laservue. I upgraded from a Samsung 67A750 LED DLP and the Laservue wins hands-down in color and clarity. Me, and especially my wife don't like the look of the LED's, unless I see an 80 inch Elite LED or Panasonic Plasma for about 3K, the L75-A91 was the perfect choice for us. When I was in the store it didn't look all that great but once I got it home it really came to life and looked incredible. I've heard similar stories on this forum regarding how it looks in the store and agree that once you get one of these home, it makes all the difference.

Thank you for your help.

Were both the 67A750 and the Laservue calibrated?
post #273 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 80
johssm:

Out of curiosity, what didn't you and your wife like about LED backlit LCDs?

I think you made a good choice with the Laservue.
post #274 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahull View Post

I own both a calibrated HL67A750 and an L75A94. Colors are a little better on the A94 but the big improvement is in black level. There is no comparison.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #275 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

I own both a calibrated HL67A750 and an L75A94. Colors are a little better on the A94 but the big improvement is in black level. There is no comparison.

What's interesting about the L75A94 is that to my eyes it does not want for brightness. Yet the FL is around 21 according to what I've read.

What's your take on this, and do you prefer the Sharp Elite?
post #276 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

What you read is the max brightness in ADV Mode fully calibrated for an A91. The A94 is considerably brighter.

Buzz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #277 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What you read is the max brightness in ADV Mode fully calibrated for an A91. The A94 is considerably brighter.

How many foot lamberts for the A94?

And how do you feel about the A94 vs the Elite?
post #278 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post

How many foot lamberts for the A94?

And how do you feel about the A94 vs the Elite?

About 30 fL at 2.4 gamma. 2.2 gamma for day viewing will be a little brighter. 30fL is a little too bright for me in a dark room with bias lighting. The screen is so big that the total light output can be overhwleming.

The Elite is a better TV. Black level is Kuro-like giving it superior contrast and that's the most important picture quality. However, I won't be trading my A94 in for anything soon. I really like it.

The firmware fix for the grayscale controls will be out in a couple of days according to a message I received yesterday from Mitsubishi. Once installed I'll do a full calibration with the A94 sans video processor and post the numbers and settings. From what I've seen so far I expect a very good calibration except for a slight problem with the color blue (carry over from the A91). The error doesn't show up while viewing real content though so I don't put much importance on it.

Buzz

post #279 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

About 30 fL at 2.4 gamma. 2.2 gamma for day viewing will be a little brighter. 30fL is a little too bright for me in a dark room with bias lighting. The screen is so big that the total light output can be overhwleming.

The Elite is a better TV. Black level is Kuro-like giving it superior contrast and that's the most important picture quality. However, I won't be trading my A94 in for anything soon. I really like it.

The firmware fix for the grayscale controls will be out in a couple of days according to a message I received yesterday from Mitsubishi. Once installed I'll do a full calibration with the A94 sans video processor and post the numbers and settings. From what I've seen so far I expect a very good calibration except for a slight problem with the color blue (carry over from the A91). The error doesn't show up while viewing real content though so I don't put much importance on it.

Kind of a stunning bug. Even more so if you are the first to report it. How was anybody calibrating these sets in ADV modes without 2 PT white balance control? I mean really, this is a set nearly 6 months into it its lifecycle. I would call that that an embarrassment... but perhaps shameful is a better charaterization. Most of the ADV code should should be cut and paste since the 2009 family I know people have been paying to have these sets calibrated... wonder how that worked out for the customers?

Just another blank signature.
post #280 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kind of a stunning bug don't you think? Even more so if you are the first to report it. How was anybody calibrating these sets in ADV modes without 2 PT white balance control? I mean really, this is a set nearly 6 months into it its lifecycle. I would call that that an embarrassment... but perhaps shameful is a better charaterization. Most of the ADV code should should be cut and paste since the 2009 family I know people have been paying to have these sets calibrated... wonder how that worked out for the customers?

BTW when you calibrate are you using full screen fields and are you using 75% or 100% color stimulus for gamut patterns?

I am setting color with 75% patterns and letting 100% color fall where it may. Peak white is 29.5 ft lamberts with 1500 hours on the lamp. Using the combinatio of a DUO and Advanced Modes. Gamma is flat at around 2.3 until 90 % where it is hard to control, you either under 2.2 or above 2.5. I choose the under. The set looks good except for the slightly undersaturated red and blue. Some commercials with undersaturared color palletes are just plain dreary, especially during the day. Color dEs are quite low except red and blue around 2.5 or less. I would like to think the laser should allow you hit the color targets dead one without using a wide gamut mode an external VP to pull them the oversaturated colors in.

Just for grins I used bright the other night and I could get red and blue pretty much centered in the target boxes.. It measured perfectly but looked simply bizzare. I know it is a common strategy with JVC projectors. Even with the DUO there was not enough authority to get things numerically correct from Brilliant. Definitely have to use Natural or Advanced modes. Advanced mode provides the coarse adjustments that gets me in the ballpark and the DUO is final adjustments. The 2009 sets can control blue luminance with the built in controls. You can set blue color adjust to all zeroes and it is too bright. You can fool with Color to tame blue but that green is not bright enough.. hence the real need for the DUO.

I don't really understand why Mits can't get their CMS and Grayscale controls to work properly year after year. Perhaps 99 percent of their customers don't care.

post #281 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

One of the modes, either cuts or gains - I forget which, makes changes by selecting menu and then going back to the control. The other one changes the numbers but doesn't change the calibration. They should work on the fly like the A91.

Buzz

post #282 of 747 Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One of the modes, either cuts or gains - I forget which, makes changes by selecting menu and then going back to the control. The other one changes the numbers but doesn't change the calibration. They should work on the fly like the A91.

You have R-G -B High which is handles 80-30 pretty well. R-G-B Low handles 30 and less. Of course High and Low settings do effect each other to some extent. 90 and 100 kind of fall into place hopefully as there is no real adjusment for them. I finally turned off CCA in the service menu. That is of course what you use if your are setting grayscale for the preset modes. Works okay, just no adjustment for 10 and 20 percent. The service menu settings are active if CCA is on in Advanced Mode.. I guess the sort makes sense if you want as many different memories as possible.

One benefit of the Laser should be that once calibrated well it should hold the settings almost indefinitely. If not, that is poor implemenation on Mits part. Also I don't understand why they don't have 10 pt. adjustment by now. 2 pt. is kind of old school.

post #283 of 747 Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Got a call from Marcus with Mits yesterday and the part that has been on order for a month and a half is still on back order so he is ordering me another A94 (my 3rd A94 and 5th overall Laservue). I explained in great detail the issues I have had and my fustrations with damage during deliveries and mulitple days of having to take off work to be here for service calls or deliveries. The last A94 was delivered by AIT Logistics and even though the paperwork said for the skids to remain on until delivery and for it to be a 2 man white glove delivery it showed up loose in the back of a truck with one guy. I told him if the latest set comes via AIT they might as well not even send it. He called me back shortly after and said that he arranged for Manna to deliver the set and that they have had good luck with them. Here's crossing my fingers that I finally get a working set. If anything goes wrong again this time I will refuse delivery and demand my money back. I also asked for a refund of my money spent for the 3D Conversion Kit way back for my orignal A91 as the glasses do not work with the A94's internal emmiter. I have not bought any new glasses for the A94 as I don't want to spend anymore money on it until I can get a working set. If I don't get a working error free A94 this time I'm getting a 70" Elite. 5th times a charm right or something like that! I think I'm slowly starting to lose my mind over this whole experience.
post #284 of 747 Old 12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarver View Post

Got a call from Marcus with Mits yesterday and the part that has been on order for a month and a half is still on back order so he is ordering me another A94 (my 3rd A94 and 5th overall Laservue). I explained in great detail the issues I have had and my fustrations with damage during deliveries and mulitple days of having to take off work to be here for service calls or deliveries. The last A94 was delivered by AIT Logistics and even though the paperwork said for the skids to remain on until delivery and for it to be a 2 man white glove delivery it showed up loose in the back of a truck with one guy. I told him if the latest set comes via AIT they might as well not even send it. He called me back shortly after and said that he arranged for Manna to deliver the set and that they have had good luck with them. Here's crossing my fingers that I finally get a working set. If anything goes wrong again this time I will refuse delivery and demand my money back. I also asked for a refund of my money spent for the 3D Conversion Kit way back for my orignal A91 as the glasses do not work with the A94's internal emmiter. I have not bought any new glasses for the A94 as I don't want to spend anymore money on it until I can get a working set. If I don't get a working error free A94 this time I'm getting a 70" Elite. 5th times a charm right or something like that! I think I'm slowly starting to lose my mind over this whole experience.

As a Mitsubishi dealer, I can tell you that your situation never should have reached this point. If you don't mind my asking, from whom did you buy your set(s)? If you would prefer to send me a PM with this information, please do so.
post #285 of 747 Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarver View Post

Got a call from Marcus with Mits yesterday and the part that has been on order for a month and a half is still on back order so he is ordering me another A94 (my 3rd A94 and 5th overall Laservue).

Interesting... Marcus is the same CSA I dealt with in my replacement (assuming its the same Marcus anyway). Took me two trys to get a good set, though my issue was manufacturing defects rather than shipper damage.
post #286 of 747 Old 12-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcat View Post

Interesting... Marcus is the same CSA I dealt with in my replacement (assuming its the same Marcus anyway). Took me two trys to get a good set, though my issue was manufacturing defects rather than shipper damage.

As far as I know there is only one Marcus working there. He is great to work with and the only person I have talked to there that can get anything done. Problem is if you miss his call it is impossible to reach him again. Let me clarify as well the sets that did arrive at my house undamaged (the first A91 and the last A94) had manufacturing errors. That is the problem between sets damaged in transit (2) and defective sets (2) I have yet to get a working TV and it's been 8 months of trying!
post #287 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

When you see someone working with Mitsubishi for 8 months to get a working display you have to know that something is rotten in Denmark. No wonder the MSRPs are so high. When you buy a LaserVue you are actually buying more than one. Mits really needs to get their crap together. One can wander down to the local Costco and get an 80 Sharp and be done with the whole adventure for the next half dozen years.

Is Mits not refurbing these returns? I never seen any refurbs on offer anywhere?

This set has a mega dollar MSRP, the stories in this thread are mind boggling! I bet if you had a problematic Elite someone would get you fixed in a reasonable period.. Even though the Elites aren't discounted heavily... quite a few folks buy them a good bit less than MSRP. So some folks have paid less for 70" Elites than some on this thread paid for A94s.. Frankly I would be afraid to buy the LaserVue and especially afraid to buy anywhere but at a local brick and mortar where I had a neck to choke.

post #288 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

Is Mits not refurbing these returns? I never seen any refurbs on offer anywhere?

It's probably tough to refurb something that got run over by an 18 wheeler.
post #289 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Most of these problems seem to involve Internet purchases from non-authorized dealers and/or shippers who handled the sets roughly. In the case of mgarver, initially, at least, it involved a "firesale" by a firm in bankruptcy (Ultimate Electronics), where there was no one to run interference for the customer after they went out of business. "Buyer beware" and "you get what you pay for" are still good principles when evaluating offers that sound too good to be true. To be sure, these bad experiences are not reflective of the vast majority of cases. Of the 2,300+ comments in the Official LaserVue Owners' Thread (stretching back nearly three years), there are very few bad experiences and an overwhelming number of positive owner experiences reported. By definition, satisfied owners don't post negative comments. Most just enjoy their sets without feeling the need to write about it. I agree, your best protection is to purchase from an authorized dealer known to provide "A-stock" merchandise and who also offers excellent service and support after the sale. Just sayin.
post #290 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

Most of these problems seem to involve Internet purchases from non-authorized dealers and/or shippers who handled the sets roughly. In the case of mgarver, initially, at least, it involved a "firesale" by a firm in bankruptcy (Ultimate Electronics), where there was no one to run interference for the customer after they went out of business...

....I agree, your best protection is to purchase from an authorized dealer known to provide "A-stock" merchandise and who also offers excellent service and support after the sale. Just sayin.

It's good you put this in perspective, as the case of mgarver seemed a real horror story.

I've seen the new 75 inch Laservue, and it has an outstanding image.
post #291 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

Most of these problems seem to involve Internet purchases from non-authorized dealers and/or shippers who handled the sets roughly. In the case of mgarver, initially, at least, it involved a "firesale" by a firm in bankruptcy (Ultimate Electronics), where there was no one to run interference for the customer after they went out of business. "Buyer beware" and "you get what you pay for" are still good principles when evaluating offers that sound too good to be true. To be sure, these bad experiences are not reflective of the vast majority of cases. Of the 2,300+ comments in the Official LaserVue Owners' Thread (stretching back nearly three years), there are very few bad experiences and an overwhelming number of positive owner experiences reported. By definition, satisfied owners don't post negative comments. Most just enjoy their sets without feeling the need to write about it. I agree, your best protection is to purchase from an authorized dealer known to provide "A-stock" merchandise and who also offers excellent service and support after the sale. Just sayin.

Wow! So your asking that I could PM you my details and you would try to see what you could do to help me meant that you would instead post information that I sent you in a PM to a public forum in a way to discredit my experience and hawk your own business! Unf*##ing believable!

Just for your info my original purchase WAS from an authorized dealer thank you. My 8 months since, dealing directly with Mitsubishi and 3 additional TV's later is completely unrelated to where I originally bought it. You seem to have a vested interest in promoting Mits and defending their reputation at all cost even when owner after owner keeps showing up here with damaged and or defective sets. I guess they were all from non-authorized online dealers and the owners are to blame huh? If this is the help you mentioned in your PM to me you can leave it.

Oh and Mits responded back to me today on my request for a refund on my 3D Conversion Kit I purchased for my original A91 and told me to go pound sand, no refund. This as I'm scheduling my 6th day off of work to be home for a delivery or service call. Great company.
post #292 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Since Ultimate Electronics is no longer in business, I saw no harm in mentioning their name. Sorry if you were offended. I stand by what I wrote because it is based on my personal experience selling well over 50 LaserVues these past couple of years, with only one or two service issues among them. Not to mention the 2,300+ comments in the longer thread on this subject, dating all the way back to January, 2009, which have been overwhelmingly positive. And I'm still willing to try and help you, even though you didn't buy from me. As I pointed out in my PM reply to you yesterday, dealers have a dedicated service line and a special responsiblity to see that problems like this get resolved in a timely manner. This should have been resolved for you long ago. If your dealer has dropped the ball, that is no reflection on you.
post #293 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Liked: 14
Since Sharp is coming out with an 80" 3D next year, does anyone think Mits will put out an 80"+ LaserVue? I see Consumer Reports ranks Mits as worst in reliability again. Maybe they should try to give a longer warranty for their products. With the Sharp and Sharp Elite, Mits may be on the way out if they can't get their act together.
post #294 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post

johssm:

Out of curiosity, what didn't you and your wife like about LED backlit LCDs?

I think you made a good choice with the Laservue.

We really "tried to like them". I have a 3 year old Samsung 52 inch (can't remember the model, 5500 or something close) in our bedroom and its okay. But for our Family room watching sports and movies we like DLP better because LED just looks "fake". The whole Soap Opera, Shot On Video thing was too eye straining and distracting. Also, blotches and trailing during fast action and gaming was noticeable (even when I saw 240 HZ TV's. It really came down to personal preference for viewing enjoyment. I realize that with calibration and adjustments all those problems may be overcome but then the fact that I got a 75 inch screen for less than 3K made me happy as well. I do admit, I was very impressed with the Panny VT30 65 Inch and if it was 10 to 15 inches bigger, would have had a tougher choice. Of course my TV, AVR and DVR all together and used under normal conditions are using less than 200 watts according to my power conditioner.
post #295 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahull View Post

I completely agree with buzzard767. The 67A750 is a great TV but the new technology is just so much better. I sit about 12 feet from the TV and find the picture on Uverse SD Channels okay (barely watchable) HD channels good to very good/great, depending on channel and blue ray to be incredible. I was worried that I would be too close but I could sit much closer when watching HD and Blu-Ray without any degradation. SD, forget it. But I don't watch too much SD anymore anyway.

I've only calibrated using the Monster DVD and the Spenser and Munsil? DVD. I got the TV's to where I really liked them but am planning on a professional calibration for the Laservue soon. I want to ensure I am getting the full capability from this beast.
post #296 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM

BTW, I was really thinking about the A-94, read extensively about the clear contrast screen, took into account potential reflections in my family room and after all that, found an A91 deal that I really couldn't pass on. My Cost Benefit Analysis went something like this:

Honey, I want this new LaserVue A-94. It's about XXXX - Reply - Maybe in another year or two.

Honey, I found a close-out on this Laservue. It's about half of that "other one". Reply - That sounds okay. Me - Let's go pick it up and we'll go to your favorite restaurant on the way. Her - sure!

So an expensive lunch and a TV was much more cost effective than an expensive lunch and no TV.
post #297 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Just received my A94 this AM and I was so incredibly excited to fire it up! I got a pretty great deal on it (I think) through an Amazon seller, Paul's TV. Total price was less than $3,900 ($1 less to be exact). -[I've had a WD60735 for about 2.5-3 years and I've loved every moment of ownership until the picture just got a little too dim to enjoy some of my darker 3D BDs (Harry Potter, Green Lantern, etc..)]-

After the SINGLE delivery guy from AIT Worldwide somehow hauled it off his truck, up to my building, through the front doors, and up a small flight of stairs on his own, I got down there to help him gently bring it up into my apt. The underside of the box was torn and mangled, but the slide-over top was pristine. hmmm...

There is one major issue that I discovered within the first 15 seconds after I turned it on. The Television performs correctly, the picture quality and color is quite good, except that the projected image is trapezoidal in shape (see pictures). Clearly the interior of this thing has been jostled too much, or was offset to begin with.

This quickly turns into a nightmare moment for me. After spending a colossal amount of dough, it now comes down to a single moment; do I accept the TV or do I refuse and most likely spend the holidays without my A94? The delivery guys were late for their next appnt, adding plenty of awkward decision time in there. They assured me several times that I could still return the TV within 7 days. It would just be sitting in a warehouse if I did, so why not have a mostly-functioning TV until the next one gets shipped out?

It was a harrowing 10 mins for me as I tried to contact Mitsubishi and Amazon, as well as Paul's TV to figure out what to do. I ended up signing for it and adding some thorough notes in the comment section that I was displeased.

Since 9:30 this A.M. Amazon has passed the buck to Paul's TV (and rightfully so.... sorta), Paul's TV denied that I even had an order on record, Mitsubishi was a completely useless phone call, I think I got a 16-year-old on his first day who would NOT stray from his all powerful script. Haha. After waiting for call backs for 4 hours I took the initiative and called Paul's TV again, getting a different lady. She immediately found my order and asked if I would send some photos of the issue for confirmation. I was extremely thorough with my photos and description, and I have since been waiting for a reply. (they did send an acknowledgment)

I will try to keep everyone posted as to what happens in MY Laservue shipping adventure... I somehow knew I'd be next. haha

Otherwise, it really is the most amazing display I've ever laid eyes on. It's just gorgeous.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #298 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johssm View Post

BTW, I was really thinking about the A-94, read extensively about the clear contrast screen, took into account potential reflections in my family room and after all that, found an A91 deal that I really couldn't pass on. My Cost Benefit Analysis went something like this:

Honey, I want this new LaserVue A-94. It's about XXXX - Reply - Maybe in another year or two.

Honey, I found a close-out on this Laservue. It's about half of that "other one". Reply - That sounds okay. Me - Let's go pick it up and we'll go to your favorite restaurant on the way. Her - sure!

So an expensive lunch and a TV was much more cost effective than an expensive lunch and no TV.

That's a great and funny story. Your wife sounds like a sensible person, who can nevertheless be influenced with a good meal. So you both win. And you obviously have a good sense of timing.

I completely agree with you about LED/LCD. It induces eyestrain for me, and is not a pleasant image. There's something about LED/LCD... and this cuts across many model lines... that seems overprocessed. Right now, as you probably know, the Sharp Elite is held up by many as a perfect set. But there are enough people who see things differently. To my eyes, the 75 inch Laservues have a great image. I'm not sure if this set that I saw at Paul's was the A91 or the A94, so I need to go back.

Congratulations on your set.
post #299 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I haven't read all the pages on this thread, but 3D on the 75 inch Laservue, with its ample light output, must be fairly impressive. What's the consensus among owners?
post #300 of 747 Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darf_nader View Post

Just received my A94 this AM and I was so incredibly excited to fire it up! I got a pretty great deal on it (I think) through an Amazon seller, Paul's TV. Total price was less than $3,900 ($1 less to be exact). -[I've had a WD60735 for about 2.5-3 years and I've loved every moment of ownership until the picture just got a little too dim to enjoy some of my darker 3D BDs (Harry Potter, Green Lantern, etc..)]-

After the SINGLE delivery guy from AIT Worldwide somehow hauled it off his truck, up to my building, through the front doors, and up a small flight of stairs on his own, I got down there to help him gently bring it up into my apt. The underside of the box was torn and mangled, but the slide-over top was pristine. hmmm...

There is one major issue that I discovered within the first 15 seconds after I turned it on. The Television performs correctly, the picture quality and color is quite good, except that the projected image is trapezoidal in shape (see pictures). Clearly the interior of this thing has been jostled too much, or was offset to begin with.

This quickly turns into a nightmare moment for me. After spending a colossal amount of dough, it now comes down to a single moment; do I accept the TV or do I refuse and most likely spend the holidays without my A94? The delivery guys were late for their next appnt, adding plenty of awkward decision time in there. They assured me several times that I could still return the TV within 7 days. It would just be sitting in a warehouse if I did, so why not have a mostly-functioning TV until the next one gets shipped out?

It was a harrowing 10 mins for me as I tried to contact Mitsubishi and Amazon, as well as Paul's TV to figure out what to do. I ended up signing for it and adding some thorough notes in the comment section that I was displeased.

Since 9:30 this A.M. Amazon has passed the buck to Paul's TV (and rightfully so.... sorta), Paul's TV denied that I even had an order on record, Mitsubishi was a completely useless phone call, I think I got a 16-year-old on his first day who would NOT stray from his all powerful script. Haha. After waiting for call backs for 4 hours I took the initiative and called Paul's TV again, getting a different lady. She immediately found my order and asked if I would send some photos of the issue for confirmation. I was extremely thorough with my photos and description, and I have since been waiting for a reply. (they did send an acknowledgment)

I will try to keep everyone posted as to what happens in MY Laservue shipping adventure... I somehow knew I'd be next. haha

Otherwise, it really is the most amazing display I've ever laid eyes on. It's just gorgeous.

Welcome to my hell. Some here (with a vested interest) will say that the number of owners with defective or damaged sets is normal but I think the voices are becoming to loud to ignore. With these sets being an extreme niche in the industry the volume sold is low enough that the number of people in THIS thread with problems clearly highlights a serious problem with these TV's and or the distribution system being used by Mits. Of course some people will lay the blame on you for not buying it through them. Whats not funny is that everytime I talk with Mits they make it sound like they have never heard of anyone else receiving damaged or defective sets.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi L75 A94 Laservue 75 Inch 1080p Projection Tv , Pioneer Pro 141fd 59 6 Elite Kuro Plasma Panel Widescreen 1080p Fullhd
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page