post #451 of 741 Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Automatic should work with the PS3.

Hmm. This is the trouble I've been having. My Panasonic and PS3 both show 3D depth if I leave it on automatic but ANY motion is blurred. In animation, when eyes blink or mouths move, you can see the flicker or whatever is happening. Checkerboard on the Panasonic and turned on in the TV does not have this problem. I've got to call Mitsubishi tomorrow so I'll ask if they have any ideas what's going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 741 Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmmakingFiasco View Post

Hmm. This is the trouble I've been having. My Panasonic and PS3 both show 3D depth if I leave it on automatic but ANY motion is blurred. In animation, when eyes blink or mouths move, you can see the flicker or whatever is happening. Checkerboard on the Panasonic and turned on in the TV does not have this problem. I've got to call Mitsubishi tomorrow so I'll ask if they have any ideas what's going on.

I did read last year about a firmware update for a similar (or the same?) problem. Which firmware do you have on your TV?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post21287688

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #453 of 741 Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:

I did read last year about a firmware update for a similar (or the same?) problem. Which firmware do you have on your TV?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post21287688

AHHHHH! I hope this fixes it. This TV has been a chore for me to update. I can't get it to connect to my wireless network so I plug it into LAN overnight but it only updates one version at a time. First time was to 13.01, then I had to do it again to 13.03. I thought that it was the most current version. I guess I'll try this again. And I've tried to use the USB to update but all it says is that there's no file on the drive when I plug the TV in and power it on to do the auto update.

Also, when I go to the support for the A-94, there's no link to the 13.04 update. Only 13.03. Do you have a direct link? Also, is there something I'm missing when I'm trying to update via USB? Not sure how I should put the files/folder on the drive. P.S. It IS formated in FAT-32 like their guide says.
post #454 of 741 Old 03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmmakingFiasco View Post

AHHHHH! I hope this fixes it. This TV has been a chore for me to update. I can't get it to connect to my wireless network so I plug it into LAN overnight but it only updates one version at a time. First time was to 13.01, then I had to do it again to 13.03. I thought that it was the most current version. I guess I'll try this again. And I've tried to use the USB to update but all it says is that there's no file on the drive when I plug the TV in and power it on to do the auto update.

Also, when I go to the support for the A-94, there's no link to the 13.04 update. Only 13.03. Do you have a direct link? Also, is there something I'm missing when I'm trying to update via USB? Not sure how I should put the files/folder on the drive. P.S. It IS formated in FAT-32 like their guide says.

13.03 seems to be the most current.

Other people have had trouble with the USB, as well. It has to do with extracting certain files correctly, but I don't remember the details. You can search "firmware" in the various Mits threads, and I'm sure you'll find the procedure. I remember reading something about a text file ot something similar, that people weren't copying to the USB.

Maybe they haven't a fix for the A94 yet, and need to know it's an issue, though one would think they'd have checked all TV models when they first revised the firmware.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #455 of 741 Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM

I have the laservue, my friend has the 60 inch samsung which he got at a bargain for 1900, Thing is, his tv booasts so much more clarity and depth than mine
we tried watching final destination 3d, and on my set, the characters didnt seem to come out of the screen as much and when trying to view far off objects, like staring down into the water from the bridge, there wasnt as much detail, and the there was blurring
I thought my tv was supposed to deliver a better cinematic image than the lcd, right off the bat, Was I wrong?
How do i regain my bragging rights/ I mean groundbreaking Laser Technology, deliver up to two times the color of many of today's flat panel TVs sounds good coming out of my mouth but then seeiing is beleiving
I live in a remote area, no access to a professional calibrater,
Is there anyway I can make my picture look optimal? like a Laservue l75a94 calibration for dummies tutorial..
I was scouring the eaarlier posts
and tried the avchd free download
picture came out horrible
so if someone has had theres professionally calibrated, is it possible for me to use their settings to tweak mine?
I am currently using the expand 3dgx103 glasses
i purchased the x103 universals but they wouldnt work with my tv, they wouldnt work with my friends sumsang either. Are these the best 3d glasses available for the l75a94 or are there better ones out there?
post #456 of 741 Old 03-18-2012, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 49
DLP Link Glasses, Optomas ZD101's{If you can get a hold of the 201's from Europe, even better. By a pair to try first.) have the best clarity out of all that I have tested. Look in the 73640 thread, page 35 ish for pics and results.

Your overall picture should have been better as mine is with the 73640 vs. my panny 54VT25 plasma I had. Bigger is better and it does depend largely on glasses too.

Also for a quick calibration, DISNEY WOW disk is pretty good for quick and dirty.

I just ran Avatar 3D and Tangled for my uncle and his wife and they were blown away by my setup. He has a Sammy 59" plasma and really liked my setup better for the price to boot.

right settings, right glasses, your laservue should rock.

Cool Beans.
post #457 of 741 Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by novacainabk View Post

I was scouring the eaarlier posts
and tried the avchd free download
picture came out horrible
so if someone has had theres professionally calibrated, is it possible for me to use their settings to tweak mine?

In the ADV1 & 2 modes. Turn off the Auto/Dynamic functions. Use AVSHD to set brightness, contrast, and sharpness. Try these settings. Copy Day into ADV1 and Night into ADV2. Check content, especially skin tones. Adjust the color control if flesh looks incorrect.

There is no substitute, however, for display specific calibration - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #458 of 741 Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 AM

With the trouble I have been having with my Mitsu WD62725 (they are offering to replace it with a 2011 DLP at dealer cost) I was thinking about looking at this TV.

Is LaserVue a quantum jump from DLP/LCD/Plasma?

Michael M. Wiseman
post #459 of 741 Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM

When does Mitsubishi normally start releasing info about their new models? Isn't it around now? So far I've heard nothing, which seems a little odd.
post #460 of 741 Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotSquawk View Post

Is LaserVue a quantum jump from DLP/LCD/Plasma?

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkelecy View Post

When does Mitsubishi normally start releasing info about their new models? Isn't is around now?

Yes

Buzz

post #461 of 741 Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Yes

So has anyone heard anything? Curious what sort of improvements they have in store. With LCDs now in the 80"+ range, they'll need to do something to keep DLP's relevant. Maybe a 4k unit?
post #462 of 741 Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When does Mitsubishi normally start releasing info about their new models? Isn't it around now? So far I've heard nothing, which seems a little odd.

They have had placeholders for some of the 2012 models on their website for some time now.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-73742

post #463 of 741 Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They have had placeholders for some of the 2012 models on their website for some time now.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-73742

Seven of the 2012 models (WD-73C12, WD-73642, WD-73742, WD-82C12, WD-82642, WD-82742, WD-92742) are now listed as available. No 8xx series or LaserVue are listed yet. The WD-73642 and all of the 742s are available on amazon.

post #464 of 741 Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 AM

WoW! Watch what TV you buy. Both the 73C12 and 82C12 only have 2 HDMI inputs and NOTHING is listed about 3D for either one! But the lower end 73642 and 83642 do. Watch out for that when buying.

Wonder why mits didsn't put out and 82640 last year but this year they have the 82642?

Cool Beans.
post #465 of 741 Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 AM

Also looks like the big 92742 doesn't have the Clear Contrast screen on it. Maybe that wasn't such a big hit as suspected.

Also, I honestly thought Mits would be having a $7999 4K2 82 inch set out to get a jump on the market. Just more rehashing and more models this year.

Cool Beans.
post #466 of 741 Old 04-28-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

According to the spec sheet, the WD-92742 does have the Clear Contrast screen. http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-92742/specifications

Quote:

• 3D TV
  • 3 HDMI Inputs
  • Advanced Video Calibration
  • 2D + Depth
  • StreamTV Internet Media
  • Wireless Internet Ready (Optional Adapter)
  • Internal 3D Glasses IR Emitter
  • iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Remote Control App
  • Remote Control with Internet Controls
  • Remote PC Desktop - VNC
  • Clear Contrast Screen
  • Plush1080p
  • 120Hz Sub-Frame Rate
  • 6-Color Processor
  • Brilliant/Bright/Natural/Game modes
  • Rear Component/Composite Video Input
  • HDMI-PC Compatibility

And yes, the WD-xxC12 models are not listed as 3D.

post #467 of 741 Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
As you can see from the preliminary spec sheet shown here, the new LaserVue model is the L75-A96. It compares with the L75-A94 as follows:
  • Improved reliability
  • Improved image quality
  • Improved Ambient Light Sensor
  • New 3D Depth Adjustment feature for both "real 3D" and "2D Plus Depth" images
  • Out-of-the-box default setting of blue accent lighting is OFF (i.e., "Blue Glow" must be selected in system menu to turn on)
  • ChannelView is no longer offered in any of the new TV models
  • V-chip lock menu has changed the way it displays “Content” categories
Expected availability summer 2012, price TBD.

post #468 of 741 Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Improved reliability - The A94 is unreliable?

Improved image quality - better black level? A94 is already .003 FtL full black screen but much worse with a black & white checkerboard pattern - a problem with all DLPs

Improved Ambient Light Sensor - totally useless if the set is calibrated as all the auto/dynamic stuff will be turned off

Buzz

post #469 of 741 Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

I am only passing along what a top manager at Mitsubishi told me. If you want to shoot the messenger, be my guest. It is a very simplistic notion to say that ANY product can't be improved.
post #470 of 741 Old 04-30-2012, 10:39 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Improved image quality - better black level? A94 is already .003 FtL full black screen but much worse with a black & white checkerboard pattern - a problem with all DLPs

Improved Ambient Light Sensor - totally useless if the set is calibrated as all the auto/dynamic stuff will be turned off

Absolutely nothing made by man is 100% reliable. It took over 20 years to get CRT TVs to a high level of reliability and even then there was always a percentage that failed. Laser TVs are only a few years on the market, even though they are reliable; there will still be room for improvement. There is room for improvment in every TV technology even now.

Black level is not the only criteria for picture quality. Even if they don’t change the black level performance, there will always other areas of picture performance (subtle as those may be) that can be improved.

There is a big push for energy efficiency and for many TV owners that are concerned with energy usage, they may want to use the features that conserve energy. Less objectionable operation of the ambient light sensor would be of help to those people. Just because you do not care about this aspect does not mean that Mitsubishi should not address the concerns that other customers have in this area.
post #471 of 741 Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The higher level of reliability might be nothing more than better packaging. There were a lot of reports of banged up LaserVues getting to the customer. This seemed to be fairly rare with the lamp sets assuming reports for LaserVues and lamps set here had any merit at all.

Just another blank signature.
post #472 of 741 Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

I have been an owner of a 65831 & 73837 & now looking to go bigger & upgrade this is what I am getting.

I don't like the brightness level on the 82" , comared to what I am use to,
so why don't I feel confident in going to this line.
I read in this forum , hardly anything positive , like in the 80" sharp forum.
I am leaning towards those sets at $3600 & up.
I am off base?
post #473 of 741 Old 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

I am only passing along what a top manager at Mitsubishi told me. If you want to shoot the messenger, be my guest. It is a very simplistic notion to say that ANY product can't be improved.

Not saying the new model is not improved - just questioning the value of the improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

Black level is not the only criteria for picture quality. Even if they don’t change the black level performance, there will always other areas of picture performance (subtle as those may be) that can be improved.

No, black level is not the only criteria, but it is in fact the most important by a long shot. Ask any Sharp Elite owner how much they love their display even knowing the color decoder is way off. I have said that at a full black measurement of .003 Foot Lamberts the L94 is very very good. The problem with DLP technology is that when you add any white to the screen it gets reflected around the inside of the box. That's why you see blooming around white on black in all rear projectors.

Quote:

There is a big push for energy efficiency and for many TV owners that are concerned with energy usage, they may want to use the features that conserve energy. Less objectionable operation of the ambient light sensor would be of help to those people. Just because you do not care about this aspect does not mean that Mitsubishi should not address the concerns that other customers have in this area.

The LVs are already energy efficient and I doubt they can improve much if at all unless they turn max brightness down which would put the new LV usable in a light controlled room only like the A91.

Features such as DeepField Image, Super Resolution, Edge Enhancer (Sharpness), etc. are always turned off prior to calibration because all they do is skew the picture and present images that do not exist in the original content. They are, pure and simple, marketing devices. The more "features" in the brochure, the more the uninitiated are impressed.

Buzz

post #474 of 741 Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

...There is a big push for energy efficiency and for many TV owners that are concerned with energy usage, they may want to use the features that conserve energy...

Yes, this is a growing consumer trend. With estimated energy consumption of just 156.5 kWh/year (kilowatt-hours per year), there is no TV of comparable size that is more energy efficient than the LaserVue (source: federal government Energy Star ratings). The Sharp LC-70LE640U and LC-70C6400U are both rated at 151.5 kWh/year, however, the LaserVue has 14.79% more screen area than these 70" models (1570.94 sq. in. for Sharps vs. 1803.2 sq. in. for LaserVue), so the estimated energy consumption per square inch of the L75-A94 is actually lower. According to the Energy Star list, at 177.9 kWh/year and 2050.16 sq. in., only the 80" Sharp LC-80LE632U has comparable estimated energy consumption per square inch. However, this figure is misleading. The picture on the LC-80LE632U is such that you will probably watch considerably less television, thereby increasing your energy savings. Among large-screen TVs, LaserVue is the green choice that also offers excellent image quality.
post #475 of 741 Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

Also looks like the big 92742 doesn't have the Clear Contrast screen on it. Maybe that wasn't such a big hit as suspected.

Also, I honestly thought Mits would be having a $7999 4K2 82 inch set out to get a jump on the market. Just more rehashing and more models this year.

I've been lurking for years on AVS, but I have to comment this time. I am very disappointed with the projected release of the new model Laservue. You're correct, it's just a rehash or as I call it, marketing mumbo-jumbo on the new L75-96A.

I've been waiting for the Mitsubishi 4K2K sets or at least a larger format of the current Laservue technology. The 4K2K DLP engine technology has been available for years and with the release of vendors 4K2K Ultra blu-ray players and flat panels this year, I expected Mitsubishi to at least keep pace.

Sad the L75-96A is just a continuation of trivial Sales/Marketing model releasing over the past couple of years in Laservue enhancements.

Look's like weighting the 4K2K FPs vs. Laservue in this late summer purchase. 4K2K wins so-far...

Don't B Sharp... Don't B Flat... B Natural!
post #476 of 741 Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedPony View Post

I've been waiting for the Mitsubishi 4K2K sets or at least a larger format of the current Laservue technology. The 4K2K DLP engine technology has been available for years and with the release of vendors 4K2K Ultra blu-ray players and flat panels this year, I expected Mitsubishi to at least keep pace.

I totally agree. It is disappointing. I would think the move to 4k would be relatively easy for them, compared to other display technologies. But I guess going to 4k, in addition to the hardware, involves a lot of changes to the video processing as well. Maybe that's where the real hurdle is.

Regardless, I think the LV is going to be a hard sell with full-array, 80" LCDs coming on the market. Which would you buy?
post #477 of 741 Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

I totally agree. It is disappointing. I would think the move to 4k would be relatively easy for them, compared to other display technologies. But I guess going to 4k, in addition to the hardware, involves a lot of changes to the video processing as well. Maybe that's where the real hurdle is.

Regardless, I think the LV is going to be a hard sell with full-array, 80" LCDs coming on the market. Which would you buy?

There are currently zero standards for getting 4K to the home via broadcast, cable or satellite. Until there are standards to bring 4K to the home, all you can do is upscale lower resolution signals. A TV cannot accept a signal if there are not established standards. As for 4K Blu-ray, again there is no standards for the home yet. A practical standard for compression that would fit on a disc needs to be agreed by the entire BDA.

Yes there are 4K standards for cinema use but you cannot get these to the home becuase the compressed versions still take up too much bandwidth for the methods of getting these signals to the home.

Also since LaserVue is designed with TI's DLP chips designed for home/office use, it would not be easy to design a home 4K DLP TV until TI releases a 4K chip for the home. The DLP 4K chips for cinema would be way to expensive for use in the home.
post #478 of 741 Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM

Liked: 14
Looks like we might as well wait for the 84" LG 4k2k coming out this September.
post #479 of 741 Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

If you've got $20K to blow, go for it!
post #480 of 741 Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:

There are currently zero standards for getting 4K to the home via broadcast, cable or satellite. Until there are standards to bring 4K to the home, all you can do is upscale lower resolution signals. A TV cannot accept a signal if there are not established standards. As for 4K Blu-ray, again there is no standards for the home yet. A practical standard for compression that would fit on a disc needs to be agreed by the entire BDA.

Yes there are 4K standards for cinema use but you cannot get these to the home becuase the compressed versions still take up too much bandwidth for the methods of getting these signals to the home.

I'm sure the 4k home standard will come (eventually), but even if the set did nothing but upscale existing content in the mean time, wouldn't that still be an improvement (assuming the upscaling was done reasonably well)? I know that was the case comparing SD content on an SDTV to SD content on an HDTV. I assume it might work the same here (especially at larger screen sizes). Just a thought.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi L75 A94 Laservue 75 Inch 1080p Projection Tv , Pioneer Pro 141fd 59 6 Elite Kuro Plasma Panel Widescreen 1080p Fullhd
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page