Official 2011 Mitsubishi Laservue L75-A94 Owner's Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 747 Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just pulled the trigger on the A94 for a long awaited replacement of my 2004 62hmx84 Toshiba and can't wait. I debated FP, but I have a built-in wall cabinet, and the A94 still fits perfectly in it (I cannot go any larger though).

The amazing part is I got it for about $400 more than the A91 is selling on Amazon for right now!

Are extended warranties a must for these models (based on past versions)? I may look into a 3rd party warranty from an online vendor once they have another 30% coupon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 747 Old 09-11-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrandal View Post

The amazing part is I got it for about $400 more than the A91 is selling on Amazon for right now!

That sounds like a good price. Where did you buy it from?
post #63 of 747 Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBoi View Post

That sounds like a good price. Where did you buy it from?

The forum rules don't allow me to mention where and how much, which is why I phrased my last message the way I did.

I can tell you it was an authorized dealer that pricematched another online vendor that had the lowest price in a google shopping result. Oddly, the authorized dealer matched a dealer that was not authorized. I added the $100 for white glove delivery.

Can't wait to get it, as it is going to fill my wall cabinet so much better than the 62HMX I am replacing, and I grew to hate the side speakers on that unit (which I never use to begin with).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #64 of 747 Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Well my A94 finally arrived! I was really excited till I saw the shattered screen. I refused delivery and now it's back to waiting
Last Friday I cut short my surgery schedule to wait home from 12-4 for it. TV never shows and I get no phone call. I call the freight service (Manna) and they were surprised that the subcontracted local freight company did this. They set up an after hours delivery for today to make up for it but it arrived broken.
Cutting short a day of surgeries on Friday cost me at least 1.5-2x the price of the A94 and now I have to do it all over again.
I must say that Chris from Cleveland Plasma has been very responsive and involved throughout the process. Even the folks at Manna have been very pleasant and accommodating but the subcontracted smaller freight company has sucked.
I guess I'll have to live vicariously through the owners on this thread until a newone arrives.
post #65 of 747 Old 09-13-2011, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodorthopod View Post

Well my A94 finally arrived! I was really excited till I saw the shattered screen. I refused delivery and now it's back to waiting
Last Friday I cut short my surgery schedule to wait home from 12-4 for it. TV never shows and I get no phone call. I call the freight service (Manna) and they were surprised that the subcontracted local freight company did this. They set up an after hours delivery for today to make up for it but it arrived broken.
Cutting short a day of surgeries on Friday cost me at least 1.5-2x the price of the A94 and now I have to do it all over again.
I must say that Chris from Cleveland Plasma has been very responsive and involved throughout the process. Even the folks at Manna have been very pleasant and accommodating but the subcontracted smaller freight company has sucked.
I guess I'll have to live vicariously through the owners on this thread until a newone arrives.

Sorry to hear that The shipping is always the hardest part of the whole process sweating bullets comes to mind.
post #66 of 747 Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:

So very sorry to hear about that! I have mine coming tomorrow between noon and 4pm and hope it comes without issue. I wonder what percentage of large screen TVs arrive damaged?

I've had (3) 60"+ delivered in the last 7 years without incident, I guess I'm due.

post #67 of 747 Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Well my A94 finally arrived! I was really excited till I saw the shattered screen. I refused delivery and now it's back to waiting I must say that Chris from Cleveland Plasma has been very responsive and involved throughout the process. Even the folks at Manna have been very pleasant and accommodating but the subcontracted smaller freight company has sucked.

I had the same experience with Manna. The local delivery service (ATM) was late, and showed up at my house with the Laservue in the back of a VAN. As it was backing down my driveway, I saw the box rocking back and forth, banging against the sides of the van. I refused delivery without even looking inside the box.
post #68 of 747 Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wonder what percentage of large screen TVs arrive damaged?

I would guess in relative terms the heavier and larger th TV the higher the rate of damage in transit but, like you, I would like to know actual rates.

This is the first time this has happenedto me with a display but it has happened with audio equipment.
post #69 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 AM

I'm disturbed that others are having the same delivery problems that I have experienced. This Friday will be my third attempt to get a laservue delivered with out being completely destroyed!

I originally bought an A91 but experienced a loud electrical humming coming from the set that varied with the picture. Mits sent out a new light engine and had a very questionable tech come out and swapped it out. The problem remained and after many weeks of not hearing anything Mits agreed to swap the TV with a remanufactured A91 and take my old set back. No problem. Several weeks go by and I get a phone call with a pin # and a website to go to schedule my delivery. Driver calls me to tell me he will be sevral hours late. He shows up in a small van and he and another guy pull the tv out of the back and I'm not even sure why they bothered too. The box was completely destroyed and the remains of the box were duct tapped around the destroyed TV! The screen was completely smashed in. The delivery guys from manna told me when they picked it up from the terminal in was completely out of the box and they were the ones who taped it back up. I of course refused the delivery. Markus from Mits calls back about a week later to tell me they are reviewing my account. About a week later he calls back to say they are upgrading me to a A94! Great! He says they are waiting on shipping info but the order has been placed. Weeks go by with no update or phone call. I'm in Europe for work and get a phone call from my wife telling me there is a guy in a truck outside with a TV and the bottom of the box is destroyed! Bottom of the TV is smashed!

I'm livid at this point. No phone call to schedule delivery and the second replacement is destroyed as well. I call the laservue line which is a joke because it goes to a call center in the Phillipines where they have no power to do anything other than tell you they will call you back within 2 days which is a lie. It's been at least a week or two before I get a call back. I bitch up a storm, mind you I'm calling from Europe in the middle of the night. They eventually transfer me to the guys in California where I get a manager on the phone who gives me a direct dial number to their office. Long story short they agree to send me a third replacement. I demand that they use a different trucking company and call me in advance to schedule it as I travel frequently. Long story short several weeks go by with no return call. I call the direct dial to Cali and am on hold for over thirty mins only to find out they tv shipped again with the same trucking company and of course no one called to schedule the delivery. The incompetence is mind boggling.

I am absolutely convinced that these TV's are just not packaged or built to survive shipping or the trucking company AIT is the worst trucking company in the world. I would avoid these TV's at all cost. I think I am going to refuse this shipment as even if the box arrives undamaged based on previous experience the insides are most likely damaged from rough handling. I'd like to get my money back and go buy the new 70" sharp LCD.

Oh and when I asked if others were having problems with TV's getting destroyed in shipment they told me I was the first they had heard of this!
post #70 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarver View Post

Oh and when I asked if others were having problems with TV's getting destroyed in shipment they told me I was the first they had heard of this!

That reminds me of an incident we had when I worked for an engineering company. We had this rather expensive piece of electronics that had a problem which plagued every one we received. One of our engineers called their tech support line and started describing the problem. About 3/4 the way through the explanation the tech on the other end actually finished the description of the problem. The tech then went on to say they never heard of that problem before.

I wonder why support departments tell lies like this. Do they really think they can ship thousands of delicate RPTVs and expect people to believe NONE get damaged? When they tell a customer this all they're doing is alienating them.
post #71 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 582
--I am sorry capecodorthopod and drfloss for all the issues. In fact, sorry to see anyone having issues. Damages are rare, even though it may not seem that way. In the end if these damages where happening all the time no one would ship TV's. If you search enough in forums there are reports of B & M stores located right around the corners from there clients having damage issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Sorry to hear that The shipping is always the hardest part of the whole process sweating bullets comes to mind.

Thank goodness for insurance, thats how the dealers can sleep at night.

Quote:

I wonder what percentage of large screen TVs arrive damaged?

Shipping damages happen less than 3%.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #72 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

^^
Thanks for the info on the shipping damage rate. I figured it couldn't be too high or online sales would be more costly than B&M stores which is obviously not the case. I have to say you've been a pleasure to deal with despite my unfortunate luck with the delivery. The folks at Manna have also been professional and eager to fix problems. Every online forum has a selection bias for problems. People are much more likely to look for info or a place to vent when there's a problem. Most of the other 97% are busy enjoying their functional product.
post #73 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM

I received my new A94 today and I love it so far. Haven't gotten into much yet, but I'm thrilled that it fits so well in my custom cabinet that was built 7-8 years ago. I was fortunate no damage. I had white glove delivery, but they arrived with one person, and I don't mind helping. I just find it funny that they think they can deliver this with one person!

I've attached the customary pictures. Keep in mind I haven't hooked up anything except my Tivo Premiere and haven't tweaked anything yet.

I added pics of my old TV (62hmx84) for reference in the same space.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

post #74 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

tcrandal it looks like that display was custom made for that spot. Very nice you lucky piece of.........sorry the bitterness over my broken set is getting the best of me
Enjoy!
post #75 of 747 Old 09-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

--I am sorry capecodorthopod and drfloss for all the issues. In fact, sorry to see anyone having issues. Damages are rare, even though it may not seem that way. In the end if these damages where happening all the time no one would ship TV's. If you search enough in forums there are reports of B & M stores located right around the corners from there clients having damage issues. Thank goodness for insurance, thats how the dealers can sleep at night.

Shipping damages happen less than 3%.

3% my ass . How do you explain I'm waiting on my fourth TV to be delivered Friday?
post #76 of 747 Old 09-15-2011, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry to hear this ! Not sure if each item was handled by AIT, but either way that is crazy. Never had four damaged units to one client. Back in the Pioneer 600M plasma days we had a guy get 3 cracked units, but those units were supper fragile and everyone new it. Eventually insurance companies stopped insuring any Pioneers.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #77 of 747 Old 09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

3% my ass . How do you explain I'm waiting on my fourth TV to be delivered Friday?

If 3 out of every 100 sets are damaged, it is still 3%, whether it is 3 people out of 100 people, or one person out of a 100 who gets jacked 3 times in a row. It could be 6 TVs out of 100 next week, and none the week after, as well.

I do sympathize with you, however, and I hope you get it worked out.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #78 of 747 Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

If 3 out of every 100 sets are damaged, it is still 3%, whether it is 3 people out of 100 people, or one person out of a 100 who gets jacked 3 times in a row. It could be 6 TVs out of 100 next week, and none the week after, as well.

I do sympathize with you, however, and I hope you get it worked out.

Wow, thanks for the math lesson. I assure you that as a degreed engineer I understand statistics very well. I'm the third person on this thread so far with a damaged TV. When Mits tells me I'm the first person they've heard of with a damaged TV and then when a dealer with a vested interest in reassuring the buying public that we are all anomalies tells us the damage rate is less than 3% my ******** meter is going off.

This reminds me of sony about 5 years ago when they started telling us that we were the only ones with bad optical blocks and they had never heard of others with the same problems either.

I wonder how many of the owners with the A91's that had geometry problems were due to damage from shipping.

My 4th Laservue is arriving today. I'm not holding much hope in this one working either.
post #79 of 747 Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:

Wow, thanks for the math lesson. I assure you that as a degreed engineer I understand statistics very well. I'm the third person on this thread so far with a damaged TV. When Mits tells me I'm the first person they've heard of with a damaged TV and then when a dealer with a vested interest in reassuring the buying public that we are all anomalies tells us the damage rate is less than 3% my ******** meter is going off.

This reminds me of sony about 5 years ago when they started telling us that we were the only ones with bad optical blocks and they had never heard of others with the same problems either.

I wonder how many of the owners with the A91's that had geometry problems were due to damage from shipping.

My 4th Laservue is arriving today. I'm not holding much hope in this one working either.

While I certainly get your comment about dealer's who are posting here having a vested interest, you should also understand (as a degreed engineer) that if the damage rate was a lot higher than 3% the shipping and insurance costs would be much higher than they are. It's obviously costing someone a lot of money to have 3 TV's damaged in transit and have yet a 4th on the way. Generally speaking, for everyone who posts a problem on a forum such as this there are many others who haven't had any problems. It's really unfortunate that you've had such bad luck and I hope you have success with the 4th delivery. Having 3 in a row arrive damaged most likely points to a problem in the particular distribution path that's being used to get the TV to you. Someone somewhere in that chain is being careless / irresponsible.
post #80 of 747 Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 AM

How's the 3D performance with this set? Any ghosting/cross talk? I'm debating between the LV and the new Sharp LC-70LE735U, and I've read the Sharp does 3D pretty well. Being a DLP, I would expect the LV to be better, but it's all in the implementation. Interested in hearing opinions on this.

Thanks!
post #81 of 747 Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Hopefully you will get a perfect set delivered in perfect condition, but if not I recommend before they put it back on the truck that you take copious pictures and post them here. Nothing motivates a retailer more than a website with photographic proof of the quality (or lack thereof) of their customer service. Their nightmares will be haunted by the thought of your pictures popping in Google searches.
post #82 of 747 Old 09-16-2011, 12:29 PM

I currently own the new Samsung UN65D8000 - it has Crosstalk, Uneven Screen Uniformity, Clouding, Poor Viewing Angles, on the plus side it is bright and offers an amazing picture.

I am looking to switch it for the L75A94 only if it has the same brightness of an LED screen (prefer bright picture for 3D viewing and Daytime Viewing) and picture quality (sharpness, colours, etc) and has none of the problems that the UN65D8000 has.

Pleas help me make this decision !

Primary uses for television are 2D and 3D gaming / blu ray movies through game consoles and bluray players and 2D / 3D gaming / bluray movies through PC.

Should I stick with my current television or get the L75A94?
post #83 of 747 Old 09-17-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow, thanks for the math lesson. I assure you that as a degreed engineer I understand statistics very well. ...

As a "degreed engineer" you should know that your anecdotal evidence is by no means scientific.

And as reply to your pomposity, "even Cs get degrees".

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #84 of 747 Old 09-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

As a "degreed engineer" you should know that your anecdotal evidence is by no means scientific.

And as reply to your pomposity, "even Cs get degrees".

Um, no where in my post did I suggest I was providing scientific evidence. I just take offense to having you show me the variuos ways to calculate a 3% failure rate like I'm to stupid to understand basic math.

My point is very few of these sets have shipped so far, I think they just started shipping last month. And very Mits tv's are sold and even fewer are Laservues. If 3 people on page 3 of a new thread are already reporting problems then maybe people should take notice and when a dealer tells me the failure rate is 3% I take that with a grain of salt. I have been told many untruths by all kinds of dealers in the past. Mits eveb told me I was the first one to have a set damaged in transit . Your mileage may vary.

Oh and on your pomposity "even people with Cs degrees wouldn't need your math explaination". but thanks anyways.
post #85 of 747 Old 09-17-2011, 12:54 PM

I currently own the new Samsung UN65D8000 - it has Crosstalk, Uneven Screen Uniformity, Clouding, Poor Viewing Angles, on the plus side it is bright and offers an amazing picture.

I am looking to switch it for the L75A94 only if it has the same brightness of an LED screen (prefer bright picture for 3D viewing and Daytime Viewing) and picture quality (sharpness, colours, etc) and has none of the problems that the UN65D8000 has.

Pleas help me make this decision !

Primary uses for television are 2D and 3D gaming / blu ray movies through game consoles and bluray players and 2D / 3D gaming / bluray movies through PC.

Should I stick w/ my current television or get the L75A94?
post #86 of 747 Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

While I certainly get your comment about dealer's who are posting here having a vested interest, you should also understand (as a degreed engineer) that if the damage rate was a lot higher than 3% the shipping and insurance costs would be much higher than they are. It's obviously costing someone a lot of money to have 3 TV's damaged in transit and have yet a 4th on the way. Generally speaking, for everyone who posts a problem on a forum such as this there are many others who haven't had any problems. It's really unfortunate that you've had such bad luck and I hope you have success with the 4th delivery. Having 3 in a row arrive damaged most likely points to a problem in the particular distribution path that's being used to get the TV to you. Someone somewhere in that chain is being careless / irresponsible.

Very true. Believe me if it was any worse, companies would not be in this business. 3% is bad enough.
Quote:

When Mits tells me I'm the first person they've heard of with a damaged TV and then when a dealer with a vested interest in reassuring the buying public that we are all anomalies tells us the damage rate is less than 3% my ******** meter is going off.

I can tell you from fact that our company has 3% damage ratios.

--Keep in mind is you do enough reading in here you can read about people get damaged unit right from there local store. Happens to everyone.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #87 of 747 Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...I just take offense to having you show me the variuos ways to calculate a 3% failure rate like I'm to stupid to understand basic math....
You were the one arguing against the basic math that everyone else here understands. It was apparent that you didn't understand it when you posted:

Quote:

I simply gave you the explanation you asked for. No need to be offended. But if you wish to take out your frustration on me, be my guest. "sticks and stones" ya know. It won't bother me, but it also won't improve your situation at all.

post #88 of 747 Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Many different dynamics can be in play at the same time.

There is, apparently, a 3% damage rate overall for displays/large electronics, provable by insurance statistics.

The specific construction of the Laservue and/or its packaging may be more vulnerable to damage. This would be a Mits issue.

You may also have a defective link in the chain...as in a delivery company that for whatever reason is "doing something wrong." I take it mgarver had his sets delivered by the same company. This seems ripe for inquiry and remediation.

The gentleman's frustration is clearly justified. His experience appears to be very specific, and possibly independent of the 3% phenomenon, if you factor in a defective link in the delivery chain. His experience would not be a big enough deviation from the average 3% occurrence to draw attention, unless you happened to be mgarver, and had your work schedule repeatedly interrupted.

I sincerely hope that mgarver gets a successful delivery of his set. It is a good thing that the owner of Cleveland Plasma is active on this forum, because there is a clear incentive to be proactive and transparent, and from all that I've read he is a highly reputable dealer.

I believe that with clear thinking and right action this is all fixable, and may benefit all concerned in the future.
post #89 of 747 Old 09-18-2011, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
i worked for a LTL (less than truckload) freight trucking company for 24 years and the damage rate was at around 3%. i worked at a distribution center. we had many single shipment tv's come thru our dock and frankly they didnt have a good chance at not being damaged. LTL freight isnt really set up for shipments like that, and alot of the workers didnt give a crap. the trailers needed to be loaded like a sardine can and try to put as much weight on it as possible, and when you are loading everything from machinery to the kitchen sink a lot of times the freight is not compatible to load together but you are told to do so anyway. in transit something will fall or something will penetrate the box. a lot of times the tv would be on a skid, we would break the bands and take it off the skid and load it that way. i dont know if that makes since but if you worked there you would understand. and the tv packaging is not all that robust. if you have 100 tv"s being shipped truckload that is a different matter. i should note that single item shipments arent the norm in LTL freight.

by the way i worked for the largest LTL company in the U.S. for years i would not buy a tv online for this reason but i just pulled the trigger on a 65738 from an online retailer. being shipped by home direct, i feel better about it because they specialize in consumer electronics shipments.
post #90 of 747 Old 09-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I'm disturbed that others are having the same delivery problems that I have experienced. This Friday will be my third attempt to get a laservue delivered with out being completely destroyed!

In the three years that I have been selling LaserVue sets (from the original 65" to last year's 75", and now the L75-A94), I've had exactly one unit that arrived at a client's home with damage. According to what my Mitsubishi rep told me, for a single-location dealer I am one of their largest sellers of these models. Thus, I think I would know if these sets were that susceptible to shipping damage. I can tell you that all Mitsubishi models -- including the LaserVue -- have well-designed cartons that utilize internal Styrofoam bracing, so with normal handling they hold up quite well in transit. You are either freakishly unlucky or else there is a problem with the specific supply chain that got you those sets. Please send me a PM with more information about your three bad deliveries so that I can forward the details to Mitsubishi. For anyone just joining this thread, I should clarify that you did NOT purchase from my firm.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi L75 A94 Laservue 75 Inch 1080p Projection Tv , Pioneer Pro 141fd 59 6 Elite Kuro Plasma Panel Widescreen 1080p Fullhd
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page