post #91 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

In the three years that I have been selling LaserVue sets (from the original 65" to last year's 75", and now the L75-A94), I've had exactly one unit that arrived at a client's home with damage. According to what my Mitsubishi rep told me, for a single-location dealer I am one of their largest sellers of these models. Thus, I think I would know if these sets were that susceptible to shipping damage. I can tell you that all Mitsubishi models -- including the LaserVue -- have well-designed cartons that utilize internal Styrofoam bracing, so with normal handling they hold up quite well in transit. You are either freakishly unlucky or else there is a problem with the specific supply chain that got you those sets. Please send me a PM with more information about your three bad deliveries so that I can forward the details to Mitsubishi. For anyone just joining this thread, I should clarify that you did NOT purchase from my firm.

Your delivery of so many undamaged sets is commendable.

Do you use Home Direct (cited by the previous poster) or a similar delivery service with high reliability and care? This seems absolutely crucial, as delivery seemed to me the most possible of the three causes I mentioned in my post about mgarver's bad experience. And good to know that Mits packages these sets well. Does this apply to the 92 inch sets as well?

And how do you rank the blacks on the 75 inch and 92 inch sets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrandal View Post

I received my new A94 today and I love it so far. Haven't gotten into much yet, but I'm thrilled that it fits so well in my custom cabinet that was built 7-8 years ago. I was fortunate no damage. I had white glove delivery, but they arrived with one person, and I don't mind helping. I just find it funny that they think they can deliver this with one person!

I've attached the customary pictures. Keep in mind I haven't hooked up anything except my Tivo Premiere and haven't tweaked anything yet.

I added pics of my old TV (62hmx84) for reference in the same space.

Sounds like you got shorted on the "white glove" service.

Did your retailer make up for this?

Seems the retailer should be getting some discount from their shipper for the white glove guys "forgetting their gloves".

Lucky you were physically able to assist. Of course helping with the delivery clouds the issue if any damage is found.

One guy with a truck that has a power ramp on the back can deliver one of these to the doorstep with a hand truck. Somebody was cheaping out if they expected one guy to manuver a set this size to a viewing position in the home.
post #93 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post

Your delivery of so many undamaged sets is commendable.

Do you use Home Direct (cited by the previous poster) or a similar delivery service with high reliability and care? This seems absolutely crucial, as delivery seemed to me the most possible of the three causes I mentioned in my post about mgarver's bad experience. And good to know that Mits packages these sets well. Does this apply to the 92 inch sets as well?

And how do you rank the blacks on the 75 inch and 92 inch sets?

I use both HomeDirectUSA and Manna and have had great results with both. Of course, one would always like deeper measured black levels when considering which set to buy, but, in truth, the ambient light level and the physical placement of any lighting in the viewing room can easily negate any benefits gained by high nominal ratings. Also, when you consider the many ways that manufacturers are able to distort the ratings of their products, I wouldn't put much stock in their numbers. It is for this reason that Mitsubishi does not bother to publish black level numbers. I haven't really had the chance to carefully examine the 92" yet, so I can't offer you an opinion about how it ranks.
post #94 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu View Post

Seems the retailer should be getting some discount from their shipper for the white glove guys "forgetting their gloves".

Lucky you were physically able to assist. Of course helping with the delivery clouds the issue if any damage is found.

One guy with a truck that has a power ramp on the back can deliver one of these to the doorstep with a hand truck. Somebody was cheaping out if they expected one guy to manuver a set this size to a viewing position in the home.

Another delivery story. It seems like delivery is key to the successful purchase of these large screens.

I agree with you. Why pay the guy for white glove if her forgot the glove? Or was it in the wash?
post #95 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

One guy with a truck that has a power ramp on the back can deliver one of these to the doorstep with a hand truck.

This is exactly how my 2nd set was delivered, even though there is a warning on the box, a picture of a hand truck with an 'X' thru it, meaning DO NOT MOVE WITH A HAND TRUCK. There are slots on both ends of the box that make good handles, and 2 men are necessary to move the box properly. I helped move the box into my house, but that thing was really heavy.
post #96 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloss View Post

This is exactly how my 2nd set was delivered, even though there is a warning on the box, a picture of a hand truck with an 'X' thru it, meaning DO NOT MOVE WITH A HAND TRUCK. There are slots on both ends of the box that make good handles, and 2 men are necessary to move the box properly. I helped move the box into my house, but that thing was really heavy.

Another funky delivery tale. Why use a hand truck when the box clearly says no hand truck? Why did Mits put no hand truck on the box? Were they simply joking?

Unbelievable.

This should be fixed. The customers and the vendors should require it.
post #97 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:

I hated to complain as the driver was very helpful, and I didn't mind helping, but I did email the retailer and complain about the lack of two people while stating the driver did a great job. I said I could have spotted the driver a $20 with standard delivery to get the same level. They refunded the money, so I was very pleased.

Still pleased with the set, and enjoyed my first Sunday NFL games with it today!
post #98 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Photos taken with Nikon D700
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #99 of 733 Old 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #100 of 733 Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
PQ looks great.

Best of luck with the set.
post #101 of 733 Old 09-19-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post

Another delivery story. It seems like delivery is key to the successful purchase of these large screens.

There are many keys to a successful purchase. Delivery being one of them. Glad your set finally made it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrandal View Post

Still pleased with the set, and enjoyed my first Sunday NFL games with it today!

Touchdown !!

Quote:

drfloss, pics look great......
post #102 of 733 Old 09-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Ive been hearing reports saying that the L75A94 or A91 are not as clear or sharp as an LED / LCD or Plasma.

Ex: Bluray Movies or 1080p Games, wont look as clear / sharp on the L75A94 or A91 compared to Plasma and LED screens?

Is this true?
post #103 of 733 Old 09-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promark255 View Post

Ive been hearing reports saying that the L75A94 or A91 are not as clear or sharp as an LED / LCD or Plasma.

Ex: Bluray Movies or 1080p Games, wont look as clear / sharp on the L75A94 or A91 compared to Plasma and LED screens?

Is this true?

Sorry, but that's total B.S.

Have a wonderful Nuclear Day!!!
post #104 of 733 Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Has anyone used the Ultra-clear HD 3d glasses (IR) with their LaserVue L75-A94? I recieved my Laservue two days ago and tried the ultra-clears with the TV set to 2d + depth (My 3d blu-ray is being shipped). I can see the double image without the glasses, but it looks exactly the same with the glasses. The internal emmitters are turned on. The glasses are charged and turned on. I have 5 pairs and have tried all of them with the same results. I am thinking maybe they are not compatible with the new Mits models or there is something wrong with the emitters. I am using them about 7-10 feet from the TV, nothing is obstructing the emitters. I tried them with the curtains drawn...
post #105 of 733 Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Mitsubishi changed IR protocols for the internal emitters to the new industry standard M3Di protocol (Panasonic). The Ultra-clears are most likely set to the older Mitsubishi protocol (Samsung).
post #106 of 733 Old 09-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Yes, I'm stuck with 3 of last years model, too. I had to order the new Xpand for Mitsubishi DLP.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...s#post20600862
General Features:

Clear Contrast Screen (produces deeper blacks, but with a slight increase in screen reflectivity)
Integrated 3D (no external signal adapter required)
2D + Depth "Virtual 3D"
Internal 3D Glasses IR Emitter (employs a new standard that is not compatible with previous models - see next point)
Supports M-3DI standard for Active Shutter 3D glasses (compatible with new models of glasses from Panasonic, Toshiba & XPAND, but NOT with the Samsung IR glasses that are most commonly used with the L75-A91 and L65-A90 models)
post #107 of 733 Old 09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

Mitsubishi changed IR protocols for the internal emitters to the new industry standard M3Di protocol (Panasonic). The Ultra-clears are most likely set to the older Mitsubishi protocol (Samsung).

The L75-A94 uses an entirely new IR chip that is not compatible with the glasses that are used with previous models. This chip is not firmware upgradeable.
post #108 of 733 Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 PM

Aack! Thanks for all of the replies. I guess I will be returning them. It didn't even occur to me that they would change their IR protocol between models.
post #109 of 733 Old 09-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Yes, I'm stuck with 3 of last years model, too. I had to order the new Xpand for Mitsubishi DLP.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...s#post20600862
General Features:

Clear Contrast Screen (produces deeper blacks, but with a slight increase in screen reflectivity)
Integrated 3D (no external signal adapter required)
2D + Depth "Virtual 3D"
Internal 3D Glasses IR Emitter (employs a new standard that is not compatible with previous models - see next point)
Supports M-3DI standard for Active Shutter 3D glasses (compatible with new models of glasses from Panasonic, Toshiba & XPAND, but NOT with the Samsung IR glasses that are most commonly used with the L75-A91 and L65-A90 models)

So I guess the next question is... has anyone been able to compare the new A94 compatible glasses yet? I read extensively on the A91 glasses, but haven't seen anything on the A94 glasses. From what I remember, the XPand glasses rated pretty well for the A91. Don't know about the Panasonic or Toshiba. I am looking for IR and not DLP glasses. Thanks for any feedback.
post #110 of 733 Old 09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Guy View Post

So I guess the next question is... has anyone been able to compare the new A94 compatible glasses yet? I read extensively on the A91 glasses, but haven't seen anything on the A94 glasses. From what I remember, the XPand glasses rated pretty well for the A91. Don't know about the Panasonic or Toshiba. I am looking for IR and not DLP glasses. Thanks for any feedback.

The new glasses work just as well.
post #111 of 733 Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 PM

Disney Wow or DVE HD Basics for Laservue Calibration?
post #112 of 733 Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For my clients who don't have their sets professionally calibrated, I strongly recommend Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials HD Basics Blu-ray. It has an easy-to-use menu system and produces excellent results if used with care. It's not as good as having your set professionally calibrated, but it definitely offers an improvement.
post #113 of 733 Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Here is the master list of calibrators, keep in mind these calibrators will travel up to 7 states away at no additional charge.

http://www.thxvideotech.com/showthread.php?t=542

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1058269

Keep in mind there are dealers who will calibrate before units are delivered too.
post #114 of 733 Old 09-27-2011, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:

You only needed to ask in one thread. lolol

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=504

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #115 of 733 Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

I have not been able to find any reviews of the L75-A94 (nor of the 92840), as seems typical for Mitsubishis. Most annoying are the website links to purported reviews which turn out to be regurgitated versions of Mitsubishi's own press, or even worse, a list of specs.

These people want you to click on their websites.

But has anyone seen any reviews?
post #116 of 733 Old 10-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Liked: 11
These sets look so good using DLP Link, why even pick up an IR set of glasses? I have a A91 with 4 pairs of Optoma ZD101 and 3D looks great. Instant sync, blacks are black, and reasonably comfortable--plus you can easily find them for like $60. Four friends with jaws dropped open while watching IMAX Hubble last weekend is pretty good recommendation I'd say.

Now if more players would support the "dying" checkerboard format---are you listening Oppo??
post #117 of 733 Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 AM

scottM18,

Have you tried Mitsubishi's own emitter along with their glasses and compared them to the DLP link type glasses?

Thanks
post #118 of 733 Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM

So I started out with a L75A91 just a couple months back (end August). Beauiful unit but had the loud humming noise that others have talked about in the laserview thread. After opening a call with Mitsubishi they sent out a local service technician. The guy determined it was the light engine that was causing the issue and put in the order with Mitsubishi to get the part. After 6 weeks and no part Mitsubishi decided to just replace the tv with a new L75A94. So today it showed up and overall it's a beautiful tv. As I'm looking it over though I notice a dark spot about the size of a large grain of rice about an inch from the top and about 16 inches from the right of the TV. The spot isn't on the exterior of the screen. It could either on the interior or possibly some sort of flaw in the screen. I guess it could be something else but those seem most obvious. Called back into Mitsubishi and they had me do a reset of the tv to see if that cleared it up, which it didn't. So, back in the queue I go. Waiting on an advisor to call me back tomorrow with some sort of possible remedy to this issue. I've attached some pics so you can see what I'm talking about. It's super small but the fact that it's a new TV and still under waranty, I'd expect a product with no issues, especially in the viewing surface.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #119 of 733 Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, nothing like a fresh updated product Nice deal. I am sure they will take care of that spot, enjoy the new toy !!
post #120 of 733 Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Well, nothing like a fresh updated product Nice deal. I am sure they will take care of that spot, enjoy the new toy !!

I'm sure they will too. They have been excellent customer service wise so far. Their method of having an "Advisor" call you back to discuss options is a little strange in that your waiting 24 hrs to get something addressed. Different than what I've experienced with other companies. That being said, they have been extremely willing to support their product and my concerns.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi L75 A94 Laservue 75 Inch 1080p Projection Tv , Pioneer Pro 141fd 59 6 Elite Kuro Plasma Panel Widescreen 1080p Fullhd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page