Mitsubishi WD-65733 TV and Yamaha RX-V667 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-27-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65733 TV and in April I bought a Yamaha AV receiver (RX-V667), and a motorola DCH6416 cablebox through time warner. I made all connections using HDMI cables.

I connected the cablebox to the receiver's HDMI 1 port, and the DVD Player to receiver's HDMI 2 port.

I also connected the receiver's "HDMI out" to the TV's HDMI 1 port.

Everything has been working great since April, but a couple of days ago I turned everything on and had audio from TV through receiver but no video. I unplugged the power to the receiver, unhooked all the HDMI connections and proceeded to reconnect them. I then plugged the power to the receiver again, turned everything on and I still have sound, but no video. I tried switching HDMI cables but no luck. Now, I'm getting a message on the TV that reads "HDMI switching through AV receiver is not supported. Please connect to the TV Digital Out". I never got this message before. I can still hear everything but not see it (no video). I also did one more thing, I connected the cablebox and DVD player straight to the TV using HDMI cables (with no connections to the receiver at all) and I was able to get an audio and video signal from the cablebox and DVD player, which tells me that the problem might be with the TV's ability to get the video signal from the AV receiver through HDMI. But why did this setup work just fine since April and it now just decided to output the message described above? Any suggestions?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
See my reply in the other thread. You need to turn off HDMI CEC or HDMI Control in the AVR menu. But you need to first clear the TV's memory of the AVR.

1. Disconnect the AVR HDMI from the TV. Also unplug the AC power plug of the AVR for 1 minute and plug it back in.
2. Delete the HDMI input in the TV's Input Name Menu (this resets the input).
3. Use the System Reset button on the TV front control panel under the door (small button).
4. Reconnet the AVR HDMI to the TV - you should get a new device announcment.
5. You should now be able to see the AVR menus. Turn off the HDMI Control or HDMI CEC in the AVR menus - read the AVR Owner's Guide first so you know where and how to do this.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM

this works well to fix the problem but even with hdmi control turned off on my pioneer VSX-51 my Mitsubishi 65733 keeps losing my hdmi connection whenever the tv turns off and i have to reset to get it back. does anyone know a solution? i'd move the tv into another room and just get a new tv but i don't have any other rooms that can fit this tv...
post #4 of 9 Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I say it sell it off while you still can before the problems really start popping up and the TV's loses even more value than it already has!

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #5 of 9 Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM

I've already had just about all the insides replaced under best buy warranty and I've got a spare lamp. I was hoping to get a few more years out of it, but I finally upgraded my receiver since my old Yamaha didn't have HDMI and I ran out out HDMI inputs on the TV.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Does your tv list that hdmi as AVR or just a generic hdmi? Shut of hdmi cec control in the tv menu also, remove the hdmi connection from the tv and reset the tv. Then reconnect the hdmi cable and when it comes up rename it anything but AVR - I use generic hdmi. My tv is a couple of years newer so I'm not positive your menu is the same as mine is.
KenKeith likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM

I think that did the trick. There's no option to disable CEC/Control/NetCommand in my TV's menus but I guess since I had left my HDMI input as the generic HDMI1, the TV would figure out that it was connected to a AVR when I switched inputs and then would kill the HDMI connection whenever the TV turned off. I set HDMI1 to GAME and now it stays as GAME when I switch inputs, thanks!
post #8 of 9 Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
glad I could help.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 AM

me too,finally upgraded my receiver since my old Yamaha didn't have HDMI and I ran out out HDMI inputs on the TV. good info .1.gif
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V667 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page