Replacing Mitsubishi WS-65903 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I have been out of the HTS game for awhile and was hoping you could help me out. My dad built out a unit specifically to fit the WS-65903 (H:67-7/16, W:57-7/16, D:27-11/16). The TV has been awesome, but now every time we watch TV it feels like we just got out of the pool after a few hours of swimming. We would like to replace the television and were hoping you could provide some suggestions that would fit these dimensions. We would like to go with a 3D DLP unit but not sure which make or model.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
For DLP rear projection (or rear projection at all) there really is only Mitsubishi now. They are DLP Lamp based and LaserVue DLP Laser based TVs. They are also all tabletop/stand top designs, not floor standing like your old TV.

Mitsubishi has specs including detailed dimension drawings listed on there web site. www.mitsubishi-tv.com.

You should be able to find some model that fits into your cabinet (although maybe not perfect) but you would need some sort of stand or base below the TV becasue they are not floor standing.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubhuti View Post

Hi everyone,

I have been out of the HTS game for awhile and was hoping you could help me out. My dad built out a unit specifically to fit the WS-65903 (H:67-7/16, W:57-7/16, D:27-11/16). The TV has been awesome, but now every time we watch TV it feels like we just got out of the pool after a few hours of swimming. We would like to replace the television and were hoping you could provide some suggestions that would fit these dimensions. We would like to go with a 3D DLP unit but not sure which make or model.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This may seem odd advice on the surface, but it may solve your problem, though it will not do 3D.

If you can find a good condition Mitsubishi WS-65813 CRT RPTV, which is similar to your set but with improved optics, larger CRTs, and a much superior picture, consider it. You may find one on Craigslist for less than you'd pay for a new set, and I assure you, you will be giving up nothing in picture quality.

But you'd need to check cabinet dimensions to be sure...and there's no 3D,

Your other option is to go flat panel 65 inch, and either set it in the recess of the cabinet, or build a frame out of it.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-01-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice guys. I will keep you posted on what we end up doing...
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page