Hitachi 57F59A No green tint! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My picture is pink. I do not have an adjustment to green. My green tube is fine because I have green during Magic Focus. I have updated to the new addresses in E2PROM. I also have tried different inputs and all are the same. I think this is going to be a board level repair. Can anyone help me locate and repair this? Thanks for your help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Did you do anything to the TV before this started to happen? Did you adjust any of the focus pots or the screen pots? How did this developed?

Need more info...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #3 of 14 Old 12-13-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply! I have never been inside to do anything but dust and it was fine after that. It just happened and not sure why. I did the 117 pt adjustment recently after a move along with the address updates. I do have green during the focus adjustments though. That is why I thought it was a board issue and not a tube.
post #4 of 14 Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hello? Are you there? Do you know anyone else that might be able to assist me? Nothing internal has been adjusted and the tube is fine. If someone has a schematic with component layout I could figure out what i need. Thanks in advance!
post #5 of 14 Old 01-03-2012, 12:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by balooeyedsurfer View Post

Hello? Are you there? Do you know anyone else that might be able to assist me? Nothing internal has been adjusted and the tube is fine. If someone has a schematic with component layout I could figure out what i need. Thanks in advance!

Are you using component connections? Check that the plugs are seated fully, and in the proper jacks.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #6 of 14 Old 01-08-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

It does this with HDMI or component. Even direct input of the cable jack has no green. Thanks for the reply!
post #7 of 14 Old 01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It does this with HDMI or component. Even direct input of the cable jack has no green. Thanks for the reply!

Then I'm afraid it may be your green gun. Call a qualified repairer to take a look at it.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #8 of 14 Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have green displayed during the Magic Focus. The gun is good so can you tell me which board processes the colors for the input signals?
post #9 of 14 Old 01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have green displayed during the Magic Focus. The gun is good so can you tell me which board processes the colors for the input signals?

I forgot about your Magic focus post. I'm afraid I can't be of any more help. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

post #10 of 14 Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your time. I appreciate the effort.
post #11 of 14 Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Is there anyone here that knows rear projection tvs? I am trying to find out which board controls green color. I would greatly appreciate any help.
post #12 of 14 Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Just came across your post. I have had the same problem as you but a repair person showed me how to fix it myself, even if only a temp solution. If you take the bottom front panel off and gain access to a row of black knobs on the upper left hand side, you will be able to find the one that increases whatever color you are missing from your pic. Did the research a couple of years ago but forgot what they are called. But hopefully this gets you headed in the right direction.
post #13 of 14 Old 03-05-2012, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

That is a huge help! I will check that out and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!!!
post #14 of 14 Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:

That is a huge help! I will check that out and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!!!

If you are talking about the screenpot adjustment controls...you better tread extremely lightly. Or you will be in for a very long tortue test before you figure it all out. The green screen pot is your reference control. It shouldn't need to be turned very much at all. In fact...I suggest you mark your current start points with a white pen before turning any of them. Or for sure you will get lost without the right instruments to measure the changes. Your grayscale will get trashed. And then you are in for a lot of calibration and tweaking. If you must try this. only increase or decrease gain in very tiny increments. The changes will be noticeable. And ruinous...if you get it wrong. I would suggest you do a telephone consult with Mr. Bob over on the Don't Dump Your RPCRT thread at a minimum. Just my opinion on this.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page