Two issues with Mitsubishi 734 input menus - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two problems with the input selection menus on my 57734 DLP.

1) The *734s allow the inputs to be assigned names from the setup menu. For most of the inputs the options are "Cable Box, Camcorder, DVD, DVD2, DVR, Game, HD Disc, Satellite, VCR, PC, On/Off (ANT 1/ ANT 2 only) and Off (HDMI only).

For some reason, my HDMI-1 input only allows the choices of "DVD" and "Off".
I found that if there is active video connected to HDMI-1 it will not change the name at all. When I unplug the input, I can change between "DVD" and "Off".

Does anybody know how to work around this? I would like to connect my DVR to HDMI-1 and give it the right label.

2) Input-3 is unavailable. The connections are available on the front of the TV and are labeled "Input-3". On the Setup screen for assigning inputs, Input 3 is grayed out. I can't select it or change it. The manual mentions nothing about inputs being unavailable. What am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-26-2011, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Does anybody still have a '734?

Please let me know if you can change the name of HDMI-1 input to something other than DVD, and if you are able to use Input 3 on your set.

I'm not sure if this is a component failure, or some strange software issue that might be fixed through a special procedure or menu setting.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
When an HDMI input automatically assigns a name it means you have CEC or HDMI Control turned on in the Blu-ray player menu. To change this:
1. Enter the Blu-ray player menu and turn off the HDMI Control - different brands call it different things. Panasonic calls it VERA Link, Sony calls Bravia Link, etc.
2. Disconnect the HDMI cable.
3. Enter the TV's INPUTS name menu and turn off the HDMI input.
4. Reconnect the Blu-ray player and now the TV will allow the other names.

As for Input 3, you cannot change names for that input unless there is something connected to that input. You can only edit names for input that are connected.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

GEP, thanks for the reply. The HDMI-1 input is not connected to a Blu-Ray player - it is connected to a Sage HD-300 media player.
However I will try disconnecting the HDMI cable, turning the input off, then plugging it in again, and then setting the name. Maybe I can "fool" it that way.

Regarding Input-3, I do have an input cable connected to it. It is not a matter of changing the name, but the input itself is grayed out cannot be selected. When I move through the inputs in the setup screen, it just skips over Input-3.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page