HD-70A478 light engine help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2012, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got this jvc hd-70A478 tv wondering anyone eles has one, it's 2012 and i think i am having my first problem.The tv is not as bright as it was when i got it i got a brand new bulb in it i blow all the dust and vacum every where i could reach . Clean the light lens in the front but its still not as bright as it should be so i am wondering if i need to get a new light engine or what ?? where do i go and order one at? how much would they coast? or should i scape it and just buy another dlp ?can anyone help me with my problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having the same problem with my JVC HD-70A478. I put in a new bulb but the picture brightness is about the same. Its so dim you can't watch it during the day.

I got a service manual off the web for the 70G887 here http://elektrotanya.com/jvc_ra2_chassis_hd70g887_projection.pdf/download.html, mine set is the HD-70A478 as stated above, apparently they are very similar, they have the same user manual, which I got here http://www.manualslib.com/manual/83253/Jvc-Hd-70a478.html. The service manual shows how to run the service diagnostic, but i can't run that without the original remote, so I ordered an original remote for it.

Any other solutions out there?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page