Please Help!! Flickering problem with wd65738 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-20-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Had my WD65738 for about a year and a half and Ive started having this problem after the tv has been on for an hour or two it starts flickering or flashing. the picture doesnt go out and back on its just a flashing in the background that you cant even see in darker scenes but its really noticeable in bright scenes and backgrounds. Ive read other people have problems with the picture actually filckering on and off but thats not what mine is doing. like i said the picture never goes out just a flashing in the background. please sombodody give me some good news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody has ever had this problem with any DLP TV? any help would be great! thanks
post #3 of 10 Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 PM

It sounds like your bulb is dying. I have heard reports of them flickering when defective or when old (the bulbs).

|
|
2011 Mits DLP owners: upgrade firmware to 13.06 to fix picture quality. More here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21726833
post #4 of 10 Old 07-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMSJUNKIE View Post

Had my WD65738 for about a year and a half and Ive started having this problem after the tv has been on for an hour or two it starts flickering or flashing. the picture doesnt go out and back on its just a flashing in the background that you cant even see in darker scenes but its really noticeable in bright scenes and backgrounds. Ive read other people have problems with the picture actually filckering on and off but thats not what mine is doing. like i said the picture never goes out just a flashing in the background. please sombodody give me some good news.

I am having the same problem. The tv is about 1year 3 months old. I hope its just the bulb needing to be replaced. Ramsjunkie did you ever solve this issue ?

This being, that becomes;
On the arising of this, that arises.
This not being, that does not become;
On the cessation of this, that ceases.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Lamp hours?

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #6 of 10 Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 AM

3010 lamp hrs . Now its still as bright as when I got the tv. I did calibrate with the Disney wow bluray . Do the bulbs just go out or will they fade out ?

post #7 of 10 Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiswhite View Post

3010 lamp hrs . Now its still as bright as when I got the tv. I did calibrate with the Disney wow bluray . Do the bulbs just go out or will they fade out ?

They can do both, though my experience is with the fading out. I believe the flickering is a symptom as well. Though it does seem early, I would consider a new lamp.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #8 of 10 Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMSJUNKIE View Post

Quote:

I am having the same problem. The tv is about 1year 3 months old. I hope its just the bulb needing to be replaced. Ramsjunkie did you ever solve this issue ?

I've had my 73738 just about the same amount of time and its still as bright as new with 2700 hrs, I had the light engine replaced around 5 months ago for the left side flicker the problem returned about a month afterwards and Mitsubishi shipped out a replacement bulb, out of curiosity I left the old bulb in and the flicker went away on its own and remained stable until the set was moved for cleaning behind it , this leads me to suspect the bulb may not be seated correctly and is sensitive to movement, as a suggestion I would try pulling the bulb out and putting it back in or cranking the bulb setting to bright. I would still have a replacement on hand just in case of failure!
post #9 of 10 Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the advise . One thing I failed to mention It does not flicker all the time. And its not a flicker as in the screen goes black. But as in slight (vary slight) light level change. I have looked up that the lamp lasts 2000 to 3000 hrs. Although i saw a Phillips lamp for this set that has a rating of 6000 hrs. I do have a question. Is it better to leave the tv on if its not gonna be turned off for more then 15,30 min?

post #10 of 10 Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:

Thanks for the advise . One thing I failed to mention It does not flicker all the time. And its not a flicker as in the screen goes black. But as in slight (vary slight) light level change. I have looked up that the lamp lasts 2000 to 3000 hrs. Although i saw a Phillips lamp for this set that has a rating of 6000 hrs. I do have a question. Is it better to leave the tv on if its not gonna be turned off for more then 15,30 min?

Start ups! are hard on the bulb and can reduce life span, so I would say its better to leave it on.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page