Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 140 Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

I wouldn't update it if you don't see any problems with it currently. Seems issues are starting to rise with 13.06 in the 73640 thread. I haven't been back long enough to get Mits to come out and fix my 73640 since the 13.06 update. Mine was on 13.04 had no problems. Updated, got a motion blur like stutter and what looks like a spindle pushing out from center of the screen when looking off center.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it. This is really true here.

You should get a service call set up, asap... Might be a main-board problem. I don't notice any of those problems.

I even kept a watchful eye out for the stutter/judder issue... have watched several blu-rays and several HD TV shows since the update... no problems at all. Even though I did notice judder/stutter with my older 61" LCoS set, so its not as if I'd be oblivious to the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 140 Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 AM

I tried both methods but it still wouldnt update. I however have not had any issues with my tv since updating to 13.05. I guess Ill leave well enough alone. T
post #93 of 140 Old 04-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If the TV's date and time are not set. It will not update the firmware.

Mitz DLP 73740
Pioneer SC 1222K
Pioneer BDP 150
Apple I Pad Retina
Fronts Cerwin Vega AT-12
Center JBL Northridge EC-35
Surround Rear JBL CST-56
Surround Back Advent
post #94 of 140 Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I wish that they'd update the firmware so that the TV's date/time could auto-set itself via the Internet.

Brett

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
post #95 of 140 Old 04-29-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Seeing that not all the DLP's have network capabilities now.... I'm thinking that date and time circuitry probably is a holdover from manual set only...
Probably once it is in every model, then the circuitry could auto set, but then you'd still have to set the hour.

Looking for a 1939 Indian Motocycle
post #96 of 140 Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish123 View Post

I've tried numerous times to flash 13.06 firmware and it won't work. I was able to successfully flash 13.04 several months ago when it was released. I'm following the instructions in there exact order. I've also tried formatting my usb stick several times and have re-downloaded the firmware several times as well.

The first time I flashed the procedure actually went exactly as stated in the instructions and I got the message that the update was successful. Upon turning the TV on again when I go to the menu it says the firmware is still 13.04.

On all subsequent attempts when I plug the TV in with the USB stick in the port I get the flashing green light for about a minute and then the green light goes out and nothing happens. After another 4 minutes I hear a click (like how it sounds when it goes on) but it doesn't go on. If I unplug and plug back in (after waiting 15 seconds) the exact same series of events happens.

If I remove the USB stick and then plug back in the TV turns on as normal but is stuck on the 13.04 firmware.

EDIT: The update finally took but when the TV turned back on showing 13.06 firmware on the menu, instead of a blue background when the Mitsubishi logo displayed the background was green. The picture also then had a totally green tint to it. I turned it off and then on again and experienced the same result.

So then I held the power button down for 10 seconds on the front panel to to reset it, and the green light stayed blinking for 10 minutes and failed to turned on. I've unplugged, waiting a minute and plugged back in multiple times and just get the blinking green light. If I plug back in with the USB drive in the slot to try to re flash I also get just the blinking green light.

Can anyone give me some advice?

I'm having the same exact issue, my 13.06 won't update I've formatted the stick 3 times now, unzipped both files onto it, nothing. TV will appear to be doing something, it will flash for about a minute and then just stop flashing. I've repeated this process about 5 times now. 13.04 to 13.05 took on the first try... messaged Mitsu, but not expecting any help
Anyone else experiencing this similar issue?
post #97 of 140 Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboy0 View Post

I'm having the same exact issue, my 13.06 won't update I've formatted the stick 3 times now, unzipped both files onto it, nothing. TV will appear to be doing something, it will flash for about a minute and then just stop flashing. I've repeated this process about 5 times now. 13.04 to 13.05 took on the first try... messaged Mitsu, but not expecting any help
Anyone else experiencing this similar issue?

Unzip "both files"? When I go to their web site, I click on their Zip File link and that opens my Win Zip Extractor program. From there I do not Unzip anything more, I simply "Extract" both files listed to the USB thumb drive without opening or unzipping any thing more.

It was my understanding that "unzip" and "extract" are two different operations.
post #98 of 140 Old 04-30-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

Unzip "both files"? When I go to their web site, I click on their Zip File link and that opens my Win Zip Extractor program. From there I do not Unzip anything more, I simply "Extract" both files listed to the USB thumb drive without opening or unzipping any thing more.

It was my understanding that "unzip" and "extract" are two different operations.

Heh, same thing to me Still won't update. Awaiting response from mitsu.
post #99 of 140 Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quote:

Heh, same thing to me Still won't update. Awaiting response from mitsu.

I think you miss understood my message. I have not had a problem. The way you wrote your first message, you worded is if you did "unzip" twice. There is no twice for unzipping, you unzip only once, that reveals two files in the Win Zip list. Then you "extract" those two files without any more unzipping. I was just trying for clarification to your wording.
post #100 of 140 Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I had a similar issue that you guys had with updating your firmware. Back when I was trying to update to 13.05 a few months ago or so.

I must have tried updating at least 8 or 9 times. It just kept acting like it normally does. Finally out of the blue the last time I tried it it finally updated! I didn't do anything different really. Just all of a sudden felt like updating for me.

The really funny thing is, when I tried updating a few weeks ago or so to 13.06, it worked the first time I tried!

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #101 of 140 Old 05-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:

I think you miss understood my message. I have not had a problem. The way you wrote your first message, you worded is if you did "unzip" twice. There is no twice for unzipping, you unzip only once, that reveals two files in the Win Zip list. Then you "extract" those two files without any more unzipping. I was just trying for clarification to your wording.

I gotcha
Mitsu responded to my email asking me to call them so I did. Spoke to someone, they completely dismissed there being an issue with the blurry faces and white outline/glow on red fonts/backgrounds. Anyways, they had me reset the TV to default with menu 1,2,3. Did absolutely nothing. Heck, when I asked what the 13.06 firmware was intended to fix/correct, she didn't know and asked me why I was even upgrading. I went through the upgrade process with her on the phone to get the same results. Flashing LED for about 30 seconds, then light goes out and no confirmation of an upgrade.
They are sending me a usb thumbdrive w/ instructions.
post #102 of 140 Old 05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

just to clarify to anyone haveing issues updating the software. to update the firmware, your USB device must have 2 files on it.
1) mdea_update.txt
2) V45_13_06.utv

unplug the AC cord
insert the usb drive
plug in AC cord
wait about 3 minutes (green blinking LED)
TV powers on by itself and displays a message taht update is completed
remove usb
unplug ac cord
plug in ac cord
post #103 of 140 Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

if you are doing the above procedure and the tv only blinks green for less than 1 minute then the tv is not reading the usb drive.

you may need to format or make sure all other files are removed.
try a standard brand usb drive like kingston.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #104 of 140 Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohnMD View Post

if you are doing the above procedure and the tv only blinks green for less than 1 minute then the tv is not reading the usb drive.

you may need to format or make sure all other files are removed.
try a standard brand usb drive like kingston.

I've tried 2 different flash drives at this point. A Patriot drive which I formatted to fat32(non-quick format) and a sandisk one which I also formatted to fat32(non-quick format). Not sure which one I used to jump from .04 to .05, but it was definitely one of those two drives. So now I wait for the super special mitsubishi drive. I was surprised that they were against me upgrading to the newest firmware, "why are you upgrading the firmware". Geez, why release a firmware upgrade if there isn't a need for one?
post #105 of 140 Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

eboy0, have you tried this?

0) Remove any USB drives from the TV
1) Plug in an active network cable to the back of the TV
2) Verify that it can access the Internet (through the TV's menus)
3) Set the date, time and time zone on the TV
4) Power off the TV with the remote, but leave the power cord plugged in.
5) Go do something else in your life for 30-45 minutes.
6) Turn the TV back, pull up the menu, and see what firmware it's now running.

Note - the firmware updates aren't cumulative - I can't recall exactly what version my TV came with, but I had to repeat the above steps 2-3 times before it was up-to-date.

Brett

post #106 of 140 Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettStah View Post

eboy0, have you tried this?

0) Remove any USB drives from the TV
1) Plug in an active network cable to the back of the TV
2) Verify that it can access the Internet (through the TV's menus)
3) Set the date, time and time zone on the TV
4) Power off the TV with the remote, but leave the power cord plugged in.
5) Go do something else in your life for 30-45 minutes.
6) Turn the TV back, pull up the menu, and see what firmware it's now running.

Note - the firmware updates aren't cumulative - I can't recall exactly what version my TV came with, but I had to repeat the above steps 2-3 times before it was up-to-date.

My TV doesn't have an ethernet port, update is done strictly on USB.
WD-73C11 is the model I own.
post #107 of 140 Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My TV doesn't have an ethernet port, update is done strictly on USB.
WD-73C11 is the model I own.

Ah. Just in case it matters for your set, have you verified that the date/time is accurate on it?

Brett

post #108 of 140 Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Got the mitsubishi flash drive in the mail today. Popped it in per the instructions, followed them to the letter. Same result. Flashes for about 30 seconds to a minute, then the LED goes out and doesn't do anything. Screen never comes back on.

Guess I scored a free 3gb flash drive out of it, however still can't update to 13.06
post #109 of 140 Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Something is really wrong, first check to make sure you have a WD-73C11 and not a WD-73C10 and so forth.
post #110 of 140 Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Something is really wrong, first check to make sure you have a WD-73C11 and not a WD-73C10 and so forth.

Well it's definitely WD-73C11, says so on the sticker on the back of the TV. I even gave them the serial number when I called in. Will be calling back tomorrow, question is should I wait for a 13.07 firmware or have them bring in a tech?
post #111 of 140 Old 05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well it's definitely WD-73C11, says so on the sticker on the back of the TV. I even gave them the serial number when I called in. Will be calling back tomorrow, question is should I wait for a 13.07 firmware or have them bring in a tech?

Didn't know if you missed my previous post, so I'll ask again - did you make sure that your tv's date/time is set before you attempt to update the firmware?

Brett

post #112 of 140 Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettStah View Post

Didn't know if you missed my previous post, so I'll ask again - did you make sure that your tv's date/time is set before you attempt to update the firmware?

Sorry about that, completely forgot to add the quote. Yes, I set my date and time accurately, however once I go through the entire update procedure and turn the TV back on to find it still on 13.05, the date and time are reset back to 1/1/11 with 12PM. Could this be my issue, I'm not sure if these TVs have a battery to retain their settings?
post #113 of 140 Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sorry about that, completely forgot to add the quote. Yes, I set my date and time accurately, however once I go through the entire update procedure and turn the TV back on to find it still on 13.05, the date and time are reset back to 1/1/11 with 12PM. Could this be my issue, I'm not sure if these TVs have a battery to retain their settings?

The TVs do not have back up for the clock. Most other settings do not require back up as they are supposed to be non-volatil. Do you have your TV power cord plugged into a switched outlet??.
post #114 of 140 Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Got the mitsubishi flash drive in the mail today. Popped it in per the instructions, followed them to the letter. Same result. Flashes for about 30 seconds to a minute, then the LED goes out and doesn't do anything. Screen never comes back on.

Guess I scored a free 3gb flash drive out of it, however still can't update to 13.06

Same here on a previous firmware and I needed a service repair with a new input board. FYI when you call Mitsubishi push 8 on your phone when the prompts come up to speak with a person in USA and that has really authority to get things done.
post #115 of 140 Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

Same here on a previous firmware and I needed a service repair with a new input board. FYI when you call Mitsubishi push 8 on your phone when the prompts come up to speak with a person in USA and that has really authority to get things done.

Thank you for the info, I'll most likely be calling them tomorrow. My only concern is they don't stiff me with a refub part, the TV is only 4 months old!
post #116 of 140 Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 AM

Called up Mitsubishi, they "think" it's an issue in the mainboard, I explained to them about the white halo effect I'm getting, they dismissed that entirely. However I was very stern about the TV not accepting firmware updates and said it was unexceptionable. They said that they will schedule an appointment for Sunday, a company called Bobby Jones Electronics will be coming to "service" the TV. Shortly after the call, I googled the name and my stomach just sank. If they screw something up, heads will roll.
post #117 of 140 Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:

Called up Mitsubishi, they "think" it's an issue in the mainboard, I explained to them about the white halo effect I'm getting, they dismissed that entirely. However I was very stern about the TV not accepting firmware updates and said it was unexceptionable. They said that they will schedule an appointment for Sunday, a company called Bobby Jones Electronics will be coming to "service" the TV. Shortly after the call, I googled the name and my stomach just sank. If they screw something up, heads will roll.

Man based on those reviews, If I were you I wouldn't let Bobby Jones Elec near my TV. Call mitsu back and refer them to that page with the bad reviews. Tell them you want another company to service your TV.
post #118 of 140 Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post

Man based on those reviews, If I were you I wouldn't let Bobby Jones Elec near my TV. Call mitsu back and refer them to that page with the bad reviews. Tell them you want another company to service your TV.

That's exactly what I did, AFTER I got a voicemail from this bobby electronics place, the guy sounded like he didn't even know what a TV was to be honest. He was pausing and hesitating as if he was reading off a script, I work in tech support and believe me, sounding like you have no idea about the product isn't very convincing to the person who requires assistance. So I called up mitsubishi and pretty much told them that, I said I'm not letting them touch my 1000$ investment as based on the reviews on BBB and the convincing voicemail, you don't take your Mercedez to a hole in the wall mechanic, do you? Mitsubhishi cancelled my appointment and I got a call from a UniqueRepair shortly after, they are rated A in BBB and actually sounded like they knew what they were talking about, and I was speaking to receptionist and she knew about the WD-73c11 model that I own! Feel much better now.
post #119 of 140 Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post

good god. those horrendous reviews go all the way back to 2005. how in the hell does a small business provide not just bad service, but negative service, for seven years, without going under? it boggles the mind.

Paul Theodoropoulos
post #120 of 140 Old 05-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:

I advocated a (long time ago as far as threads/pages)... to research the local authorized repair shops and CHOOSE the one they send you.

I had a complete idiot when I allowed Mits to choose back when I was trying to get the color bug fixed. You gotta pick your own, and as long as they're 'authorized' then it won't be a problem at all.

For the record, the cynic in me believes companies like Mits put the idiots high on their list... because they'll just do as told, unscrew whatever screw the manual tells them, and that's it. The intelligent service repair guys will speak with you, figure out problems, and arm you with the knowledge you need to get actual problems solved. And that's not something the big company really relishes, I'm sure.

Here's my cautionary tale. The Mits suggested service guy came, barely spoke english, had an older 'assistant' who spoke no english. I showed him the defect, he saw it. Ordered a new main board. Time came to put the new main board in, problem not solved. Service tech still saw the problem, yet refused to say so in his report/receipt-thing, so I had to refuse signature. Before that, he refused to update the new main board's firmware, even though the firmware version on the 'new' main board was older then the one that was originally on the set to begin with. During the process of looking at the problem after switching the main board, this service tech had such words of wisdom as "They won't fix it", 'Mitsubishi has bad record for TV -- get something else", "I'm not genius, I can't fix", etc.

That's why it's important to find your own Service company. The people I found were very courteous, willing to discuss the problem, willing to call Mits higher-ups and work out fixes, etc. Speaking the same language as me was certainly a nice perk. Night and day difference.

* I realize that you're set now --- making a point for future thread lurkers.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page