Mitsubishi: DEFECT in 2011 DLP Sets/fix - Page 5 - AVS Forum
First ... 3  4  5
Rear Projection Units > Mitsubishi: DEFECT in 2011 DLP Sets/fix
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar ILOVEMYHDTV 10:32 PM 05-26-2012
hi all. i have updated my 640 before..but sense I have upgraded my laptop; tried to download i keep on getting. failed attempt do to something about " Change the association in your preferences" can any explain..?

ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar ILOVEMYHDTV 10:47 PM 05-26-2012
forget it, sometimes i'm to stupid for my own good. just change web browser download successful and on thumb drive ready for updating. oops i realized that i extracted to a sd card...OK. now on thumb drive an tv is doing it thing now.... an BINGO !! 13.06 is listed on the menu ....
KingLou's Avatar KingLou 08:34 PM 05-27-2012
Does this defect apply to the A94 LaserVue? And is the 13.06 firmware version compatible with it?

Under downloads section on the Mitsu site for the A94, the 13.03 version as listed as being the most up to date. I don't want to brick my brand new TV with firmware that's not compatible.

Thanks!
yadfgp's Avatar yadfgp 09:44 PM 05-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLou View Post

Does this defect apply to the A94 LaserVue? And is the 13.06 firmware version compatible with it?

Under downloads section on the Mitsu site for the A94, the 13.03 version as listed as being the most up to date. I don't want to brick my brand new TV with firmware that's not compatible.

Thanks!

I dunno on the defect with your TV. But I do know you definitely do not want to update your TV with a firmware not listed as being compatible with your TV. If the 13.03 is listed by Mits as being the most recent, then just stick with that.

The defect some people had with their TV's in this thread can be very easy to see. All the pertinent info can be found in the 1st page.
Infinitro's Avatar Infinitro 09:59 PM 06-01-2012
I know this has probably been covered, but I missed it. Can someone send me the mitsu 13.06 update in a zip file. I have been trying for weeks, but it comes back as a utv file with an adobe association that is not a zip file. Can't open it. Can't fix it. Can't use it and almost ready to quit even trying. I must have missed something some where. Thanks for any info you can give me.
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 10:11 PM 06-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitro View Post

I know this has probably been covered, but I missed it. Can someone send me the mitsu 13.06 update in a zip file. I have been trying for weeks, but it comes back as a utv file with an adobe association that is not a zip file. Can't open it. Can't fix it. Can't use it and almost ready to quit even trying. I must have missed something some where. Thanks for any info you can give me.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post22029434
eboy0's Avatar eboy0 01:18 PM 06-03-2012
Forgot to update this thread.

Basically, the repair company showed up, very professional and prompt. Tech seemed to be very knowledged in TVs and answered all my questions.
He told me basically, the reason why my TV wouldn't take the 13.06 update was due to the memory being full. I told him about the flashing green LED I received a month or so ago, and he ordered me up a mainboard.
2 days before they called me to install the mainboard, I received the flashing green LED again, coincidence right?
Tech came, I showed him the flashing green LED thing, he replaced the mainboard, TV turned on normally, running 13.06 firmware.

So all in all I'm happy, since the TV is under warranty. I'd really hate for this thing to crap out with the mainboard after the warranty expires.
KevinCTG's Avatar KevinCTG 12:25 PM 09-19-2012
Hello,

I am expecting to receive my 82740 tomorrow and just stumbled onto this page while doing some research. Is it safe to assume that I will have to update my firmware or has there been any reports of this model being free of defects?

Thanks,

Kevin
GEP's Avatar GEP 01:05 PM 09-19-2012
Assume nothing. Check the software level. Press MENU and look at the lower left hand corner. The Mitsubsihi web site shows that the current software is 013.06. If that is shown on your TV, then no new update is available.

Also if you connect up to the internet and stay connected to use the internet (by connect up and stay connect I mean the eithernet cable is connected to the TV or you have the optional wireless adapter in the USB slot and paired to your home wireless router), then you get the updates automatically.

In the history of TVs and in the history of Software there has never been a "defect free" TV or software. It is just the defects may be self correcting or occur so infrequently that most people do not see them as a defect. 013.06 has been out for a long time so it seems that software bugs that seem to cause problems have been fixed. As for a TV that will not fail, that is impossible but on the whole these TVs have been reliable.

If there was a TV design that will not fail, there would be no such thing as TV Repair shops.
KevinCTG's Avatar KevinCTG 11:22 AM 09-22-2012
Thanks for the feedback sir. Got the TV two days ago with no problems in shipping from Pauls TV. The manufacture date on mine is March 2012 and it came with firmware ver. 13.05. I corrected the date and time and left the TV hooked up to my router overnight and it auto updated by the time i powered the tv on the next morning. Overall i have no complaints thus far. Im going to be getting an ISF calibration done next week so i will post my results with that when it happens.
KevinCTG's Avatar KevinCTG 07:31 AM 09-24-2012
After spending a weekend with the TV, I have noticed a pretty extreme "bowing" on the top left corner of the screen. It is only noticeable when their is a horizontal line across the top of the screen (very noticeable when watching DirecTV and the info panel is displayed). Any ideas on if this is something I have to live with or if Mits would honor this under warranty?
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 12:50 PM 12-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineiac13 View Post

I have the 82740 and as others have noted with the pictures above, the same defect appears on my tv.
My 2008 WD-65835 has been recently updated with a new DMD chip and now has this defect! Anyone else with a new chip have this issue?
Witchboard's Avatar Witchboard 06:10 PM 12-19-2013
Did you try updating the date/time on the set since the replacement and see if it pushes an updated firmware? What's the current version of FW on your set?
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 03:52 AM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchboard View Post

Did you try updating the date/time on the set since the replacement and see if it pushes an updated firmware? What's the current version of FW on your set?

The set doesn't have an ethernet connection. Current firmware is 10.00, and I heard 10.04 is available, but I can't find it on Mitsubishi's website.

I can't seem to get the firmware idea through to the people at the call center either.
Witchboard's Avatar Witchboard 09:15 AM 12-20-2013
Yeah, the only downloadable content for your set I see from Mitsubishi is the dimension sheet, spec sheet and owner's guide. If it's not on the website, support is the only way I'd think you would get it. Unfortunately it looks like you're having an issue with them. Call back, you'll eventually get somebody that knows what you're looking for. Good luck.
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 02:44 PM 12-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineiac13 View Post

I have the 82740 and as others have noted with the pictures above, the same defect appears on my tv.
My 2008 WD-65835 has been recently updated with a new DMD chip and now has this defect! Anyone else with a new chip have this issue?

So has anyone else with a new DMD chip have this defect?
njfoses's Avatar njfoses 10:44 AM 12-28-2013
Quote:

I have the white pixel issue on my 73835 and need to order a new dmd chip soon. Your post now scares me a bit. There seem to be a few different model #'s of the chip that are compatible with the 835 series. Which one did you order? Maybe the issue is tied to a specific chip?
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 06:26 PM 12-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Quote:

I have the white pixel issue on my 73835 and need to order a new dmd chip soon. Your post now scares me a bit. There seem to be a few different model #'s of the chip that are compatible with the 835 series. Which one did you order? Maybe the issue is tied to a specific chip?
I don't have the part #. Mitsubishi handled it all.
Augerhandle's Avatar Augerhandle 05:13 PM 03-21-2014

Here's some pics after chip replacement.

JP32's Avatar JP32 05:47 PM 03-25-2014
Quote:

Here's some pics after chip replacement.

Man, I forget about this thread for about a year... stumble back upon it, and a new problem has popped up?

What exactly is this defect? Is it the exact same thing as before (seems a bit different judging from the pics)? I get that it happens after you had the dmd chip replaced... but could you guys expand on the explanation?

My 736540 has been running perfectly ever since the FW update (knock on wood). Only had to replace the original lamp a few months ago.... still in love with this set. I'm not looking forward to replacing it when it does decide to die.
First ... 3  4  5

Up
Mobile  Desktop