Mitsubishi: DEFECT in 2011 DLP Sets/fix - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 140 Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Firmware 13.06, released 3/19/2012, appears to address this issue directly.
IOW, using 13.06 appears to do the same as turning 3D Checkerboard Mode ON without some of the side effects.
More testing in progress...

For now, use these pictures to see what you are missing
without 13.06 (or 13.05 with 3D Checkerboard ON)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP32 View Post

Still image of the red/white defect... on ESPN, via HD Cox Cable box, 720p signal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeener71 View Post

Captain Taco,

I LOVE YOU!!!!

On my PC now, the text/fonts are clearer and sharp, the videos look better.

All by setting 3D mode with checkerboard. Why the heck didn't I ever try that!?!

Oh well I love this forum and right now, especially Captain of all Tacos!!!

Everyone, go do this now!

The defect. Sharpness at ZERO. Did you know Sharpness above 10 starts causing glowing edges? (Not shown here. The glowing edges you see here are different, and are the defect at work.)

With 3D Checkerboard ON - for a 2D picture. A clunky and dimmer workaround.

The normal picture with the defect. This is what you are seeing, though may not realize it. All sets have it.

With 3D Checkerboard ON - for a 2D picture. Boy does he look better. (Than the pic above, I mean.)

The normal picture with the defect. What you may not realize you are seeing on your set right now. All sets have the defect.

With 3D Checkerboard ON - for a 2D picture. A clunky and dimmer workaround. But boy does he look better.

This OP is Under Construction. I'll be right back..
We'll provide detailed information on the defect, and tips for testing and petitioning here sometime soon.[/size][/b]

Feel free to PM ideas for this OP. We can finish creating the OP *together*.

Introduction

This thread was started to help owners understand, test for, and workaround a technical issue that degrades picture quality in 2011 Mitsubishi DLP sets, including the $4,000-$5,000 WD-92840. (The issue does not exist in 2010 or 2009 models.)

More information can be found in the owner's threads:

The 2011 Mitsubishi DLP WD-73640 official thread , where:
The 2011 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (740/840 series)

We have high hopes that Mitsubishi will soon fix this issue with a Firmware update.

A couple of us (current known count is 3) have reported the issue to Mitsubishi, but each individual should contact the manufacturer directly to let them know you want this fixed.

This first post has two parts:

1. An educational overview of the defect, and why you may not even have noticed it.

2. Simply steps to test your set and demonstrate your workaround here. What YOU can do to add up enough complaints that Mitsubishi takes action and makes the TV go from "Good sometimes, with serious PQ problems in others" to AWESOME ALL THE TIME.

Overview of the defect.

For now, see the links into the owner's threads, provided above.

How To Help Spread the Word Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTaco View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhowl View Post

Vanishing Red Lines - A Mitsubishi Trick:

Haha, I was looking at these images on my 92840... I was like, "I don't see a difference, they all look terrible... oh wait..."

[...]

This just popped into my head, I wasn't paying too close of attention at the time, but I am pretty sure the problem [...] is actually being created from the "Smooth 120hz" as this is something you lose once you enter 3D mode if I am not mistaken.

|
|
2011 Mits DLP owners: upgrade firmware to 13.06 to fix picture quality. More here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21726833
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 Old 03-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Scarface PS3 Thumbnail: Note his eyes/eyebrows/black spot on nose/ears/etc

By jpimageshack at 2012-01-23

Now with Sharpness at 40:

Now please note his teeth:

And now with Sharpness up again:

Lots going on here... but look at her book:

Now with sharpening up:

Look at his lips:

Now with sharpening up:

Hand appears webbed:

Sharpness up:

Still images from red/white defect... on ESPN, via HD Cox Cable box, 720p signal... there are 4 different areas IN ONE FRAME:

(note "INTRODUCED" suffers from it, especially in the "INTROD")

(Anything in the red banner is smudged to the point of being almost unreadable)

By jpimageshack at 2012-01-22

(same frame, now with Sharpness at 40)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Red banner again... specifically, "TEXAS TECH 52"... Then note how clear "FINAL" is for comparison)

(same frame... now with Sharpness up to 40)

("ESPN" logo I mentioned in a previous post)

(ESPN logo, now with sharpness at 40)

From Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (via PS3 -- 1080p).

(Note that the time code is barely readable)

(Same frame, now with sharpness at 40)

post #3 of 140 Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Count me in on this.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #4 of 140 Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Screenshots of the defect on my 73640. Sorry I couldn't get them quite in the same position for each picture but you can see the defect. Also please excuse my photo taking skills...

Edge Enhancement On, Sharpness 25 (about the threshold on my set where the defect disappears...)

Edge Enhancement Off, Sharpness 0 (with EE off, Sharpness doesn't really appear to do much IMO)

3D Checkerboard On

Now to show the issue that pops up with using the 3D Checkerboard to counter the previous defect:

Edge Enhancement On, Sharpness 25

3D Checkerboard On

Just another compromise...

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #5 of 140 Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 PM

Count me and my WD-73840 in on this - purchased in January 2012. I'd like the manufacturer to help us enjoy our sets to the fullest extent.

I'll be happy to re-post pictures that echo these same defects using many of the examples that have been shared to date. For now you can find a simple side-by-side sampling in the following post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21691351

I'm currently running in "compromise" mode when watching movies using my PS3 via HDMI.
1. ADV1 settings "similar" to Natural, with Sharpness at 0.
2. 3D mode set to checkerboard to help control the defect in 2D viewings.
3. Geometry correction disabled, to minimize the blurriness.

NOTE: One limitation, my non-HDMI sources can't be rigged this way - so my coax cable broadcast still presents the issues without a workaround.
post #6 of 140 Old 03-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 332
we prefer customers contact manufacturers directly vs. using AVS as their own personal leverage against a company. The site is meant for people helping people, not people ganging up to make demands on companies.
post #7 of 140 Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 332
thread renamed to remove reference to petition so it can remain open
post #8 of 140 Old 03-03-2012, 09:42 AM

Updated post #2 with a lot of pics, for anyone who subscribes and just views new posts (like I usually do).

Here's a good one from Howl:

Note: The left side of images is tinted Green BEFORE getting to the TV. The Right side of images is much closer to normal skin tones when it reaches TV:

post #9 of 140 Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM

More good ones from Howl:

You have no idea how much worse this looks WHEN ITS MOVING. These stills barely show anything compared to what it really looks like on the TV, happening.

Notice the white appearing inside the nostils on both of these last two woman. That too looks horrible when it's moving. And it does move with the person's face.

And for the ladies - or those who care about teeth:

Oh, no teeth in this one, just a white line smack in the middle of his lip. Notice similar artifact under his chin. Just depends on the intensity and brightness of the red and what's nearby.

See how the white inside the nostrils stays as the person moves. It's VERY distracting.

(Color casts are due to camera's refresh rate synchronizing -or not - with the 120Hz mirrors.)

Above: 3D Checkerboard OFF
Below: 3D Checkerboard ON

Sharpness at 0 -- The time shown is smudged. Oddly enough, it doesn't look as bad thru a still picture as it does viewing it with your own eyes. In person, it's more covered in black dots and harder to read.

Here it is, with Checkerboard 3D (sharpness 0)

Again from Iron Man 2 ---

The defects in these shots are harder to see via still frame because in motion, they glimmer/swim, almost like mosquito noise. But lets see if we can see it anyway --

Sharpness at 0 --

By jpimageshack at 2012-03-03

3D Checkerboard ---

Okay --- so just above the wheel (lets say 1 o'clock), there are 3 'white' highlights in the red engine. Look at how smudged they are in the 'sharpness 0' pics vs 3D checkerboard. The white screws/lugs in the same general area are all smudged and weird looking as well.

Also, between 11 o'clock and 12 o'clock just above the wheel, the red tubes have some weird smudging as well (compared to 3D checkerboard).

All this may seem nitpicky --- but again, IN MOTION, it swims and glitters and is VERY obvious.

Same still --- Close Up -- Sharpness 0

Close Up -- 3D Checkerboard

post #10 of 140 Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have already noted that in the other threads that my 2009 WD -82837 is free from this defect. My much more expensive WD-92840 shows all the above the artifacts.

Mits should address this as soon as possible. $5 thousand dollar televisions should not do this. To say I am displeased with Mitsubishi is to tremendously undertate how I feel.

I hate the ugly teeth the most.... this is either asbolutely terrible quality control or Mitsubishi deliberatately shipped these sets knowing they had a major defect. So it is either total incompetence or something more inisdious.

Just another blank signature.
post #11 of 140 Old 03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

I want to add my name to those experiencing the defect. I will upload photos taken from the Disney WoW disc calibration patterns.

I am hoping that Mitsubishi corrects this defect via firmware simply by giving users a killswitch for whatever feature causes it.
Obviously a software killswitch exists, because it is not present in certain video modes.

Thanks for all who participate!
post #12 of 140 Old 03-04-2012, 12:57 PM

I have the 82740 and as others have noted with the pictures above, the same defect appears on my tv.
post #13 of 140 Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Mine too. I can take some video of the issue. It's really obvious on my friends list on the PS3. Those who use red or orange, you can't even read what it says. Any other color is fine. I'll see if I can get it tonight and link to YouTube.
post #14 of 140 Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchboard View Post

Mine too. I can take some video of the issue. It's really obvious on my friends list on the PS3. Those who use red or orange, you can't even read what it says. Any other color is fine. I'll see if I can get it tonight and link to YouTube.

That would be great --- Definitely post back when you do.

Don't forget, everybody --- Posting here is great, and helps us have a record of all the people who are affected by the problem.... but you really need to call Mits or an authorized service tech* and setup a service call so they know people are seeing the bug.

* If you're under warranty, and I believe all of us are... All you really need to do is call the authorized service tech and have him set up the free service call.

Just checked my PS3 -- Witchboard is right, its pretty crazy how bad the the bug shows itself with the orange background (one of the PS3's default options). It's a pretty easy way to show the problem, as you can see the bug come and go as you shuffle thru the background color options.
post #15 of 140 Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 AM

I took some video last night, but I think I need to get closer to the screen. I'll shoot another one tonight. I'm wanting the camera to be stationary, so I had it on the back of the couch. I'll move it closer on a chair tonight.
post #16 of 140 Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 52
One of the consequences of moving the defect discussion to a separate thread was to effectively bury it. I know we are not supposed to second guess moderation but I think doing this in the end was not helpful.

Just another blank signature.
post #17 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Yep. As predicted by both sides.

The good news is, it got Timmons' attention. Decisions are most likely being made, right now, based on what he saw here on the forums. Thank goodness he arrived just in time, not a moment too soon, nor too late, because these are decisions we most likely could not have influenced any other way, either by personal testimony nor, especially, confrontantion on specific issues, but by having this large clear record, (if lengthy and repitious) - record of the complete perspective from all angles - record he did not fail to assure us he was taking into account:

1) The sets are on sale at Dell right now - (A very good point, if not a question. see his later concerns over Toshiba's model possibly going on sale and then going out of stock for it).

2) We are a long winded and divided bunch. Very good point, if not a question.

3) The workaround is in the mind of anyone approaching this thread. A very good point, and almost throwing us a bone after chiding us, indicating that the long windedness and repeated back and fourths, inciting more and more stunning images, did in fact bring the workaround to light. I certainly cannot explain how so many brilliant minds, mine included, could not have found this sooner. It did certainly come about less out of genius than out of desperation - CaptainTaco would be the first to point that out.

4) The workaround fixes a glitch. It's can be demoded from horrendous PQ defect to glitch. And there is a complete workaround.

5) People are sometimes on the fence.

6) The price and size look great.

And finally the question

7) Given it is on sale right now, for lower than many of you have paid, though you are greatly divided on the impact this minor glitch has, for which there is a complete workaround, would you tell me again - because I can read with enough certainty that the C11 is the same as the 640, but cannot get a sense anywhere in here whether you all regret your purchase or just want the defect fixed, or may also be divided between not regretting at all and wanting the defect fixed, oops same thing - would you, kind folks I join for the very first time, yet knock before my first question is asked, would you tell me this non-fact-based but entirely subjective and psychology-dependent key point: do you entirely regret your purchase? (yes, entirely regret, as in if you could do it again you would not.)

8) Look how many, when asked that way, enjoy justifying their purchase as a good one, and play down any flaws. This validating my question as sound and a good one to ask a forum of bickering techies.

9) Look how I can bring up excellent Mitsubishi customer service disguised as a question.

(I spared myself writing the perspective another later did, but instead cut straight to the chase, by posting on Timmons public profile, Visitor Messages: "Hi! Welcome to AVSForum! Glad to see others looking into how to ensure full satisfaction with these DLPs! I think when a software fix of some kind comes, you'll really be glad you went the Mitsubishi Home Cinema route." )

10) Look how Toshiba has an apparently semi-recurring issue as well, also troubling some, not others. thhowl, you seem to be suspecting me after only my 3rd post, so her's a 4th, confirming I am not all about Mitsubishi. I can do Toshiba too. Seriously... You say: "Hi! Welcome to AVSForum! Glad to see others looking into how to ensure full satisfaction with these DLPs! I think when a software fix of some kind comes, you'll really be glad you went the Mitsubishi Home Cinema route." I mean, what is THAT supposed to mean?? Dude, I am not a plant, and the idea that the idea that I'll be glad I went with Mitsubishi is silly. I'm already looking at Toshiba. Obviously not a plant. Case closed. I won't be posting here again.

It is interesting to note another new AVSForum member, mixolydian12, who's first post was to respond to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoejgde View Post

It's off..Seems the [Mitsubishi TV] has a little bit of LED dimming that can't be turned off.

with this lead in, very first post at AVSForum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixolydian12 View Post

I'm thinking of getting a refurbished 47TL515U from Tiger Direct. Is this dimming/flickering issue resolved?

Followed by: (again managing to raise the Toshiba TV issue via bigjoejgde)

Reminding us that "hey, if you don't like it, you can always return it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixolydian12 View Post

Thanks, I suppose I may buy it elsewhere "new" to have better flexibility to return it.

I wonder if he will stick around. Fighting the good fight, against the real enemy.

But, you see, good news. Timmons decisions are ones we most likely could not have influenced any other way, either by personal testimony, facts, sincere and strong opinion about the defect, nor kindness. No, truly only numbers can influence Mitsubishi. But the numbers will never be on our side on this one. Point made clear by yadfgp.

And others' approaches to PQ.

No, now we can only wait. Let us all get some rest.

|
|
2011 Mits DLP owners: upgrade firmware to 13.06 to fix picture quality. More here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21726833
post #18 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

One of the consequences of moving the defect discussion to a separate thread was to effectively bury it. I know we are not supposed to second guess moderation but I think doing this in the end was not helpful.

The only thing that's buried is the bickering. Not much more discussion to be had on this issue, it's clear that its a defect in basically all 2011 Mits DLPs. We've had several users here fight tooth-and-nail trying to deny it exists, only to finally admit to seeing it later on.

Why they wouldn't want their sets fixed is perplexing to say the least... but as the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

Anyway, talking about it here isn't going to help. People need to call Mits and set up service calls. It's the only way for them to confirm the problem is wide-spread. Setting up service calls also has email/phone calls to higher level management beat because it forces Mits to pay out of their own pocket to fix the problem. That will open their eyes much faster then a few random emails. Put it this way... what's easier to ignore, a dozen emails from polite customers, or $30,000 worth of board/light engine swaps? (I'm totally spit-balling on the $30,000... just figuring $1500 for an optical block and the same for a Main Board).

So far as I have seen posted here... Only Empirical, Howl, and myself have called Mits regarding the issue. And Mits apparently told both Empirical and Howl that they refused to send a tech out to see the problem. So basically, am I the only person who's had a tech out to see the bug? I hope not.
post #19 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Not taking anything away from the key message - contact Mitsubishi firmly - I feel that a negative response to a quick email, in which you identify yourself undeniably by providing your full name, address and serial number, - a negative response to that, is no less infuriating to a concerned consumer than receiving the same message in person. And takes a lot less time and embarrassing, intelligence insulting energy.

I would warn anyone against letting a service tech swap out a board and risking misalignment or other issues.

Just contact Mits the way you like to. I recommend email, something in writing. You can even post it here.

|
|
post #20 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Disagreed --- It's easy to ignore an email, not so easy to ignore $$$ coming out of the bank account. Especially when the cost to replace a main board is, to my knowledge, MORE then the price of the television were you to buy it in a store or online.

I will agree that EITHER method is better then nothing. And it seems that only 3 of us have called/emailed Mits at all, so they can hardly be expected to do anything at this point.*

* Well, I believe they knew of this problem before the TV's shipped... so I'm not really willing to give them the ignorance-card... but that's the card they'll probably play, and use the "Well, only x number of customers called to complain about this issue".
post #21 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

This page is a 1st page 7th result, for google search "Mitsubishi defect". Given Google's ranking algorithm, this says a lot.

|
|
post #22 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

A very interesting read in link below. Maybe we can discuss what we feel this is saying with regards to this issue, despite not knowing whether it is a hardware or software defect (there are separate paragraphs for each).

http://support.mitsubishi-tv.com/fil...d Warranty.pdf

To JP32's credit: section d.

I will contact an authorized service center. (that is, after figuring out if the HQ of their service center, MDEA, qualifies. A local service center if it doesn't. I will report back.)

I updated my signature out of empathy for those for whom the clunky and insufficient "workaround" is not a true workaround. If you'd like wording changed in the OP, PM me or post here.

|
|
post #23 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
e. This DLP Projection Television uses a single DLP chip to create the screen image. This technology creates the image
using small dots, or picture elements (pixels). Your DLP Projection TV is manufactured to a high level of performance
and quality, in fact, 99.99% perfect in the number of properly functioning pixels. As in other display technology, sometimes
a pixel is continuously active, inactive or the incorrect color. Our standard is clear; MDEA warrants only that the percentage of properly functioning pixels will be not less than 99.99% of all pixels.

That's about 208 pixels that need to be improperly functioning. If one can count that many in say, that striped pajamas picture, I'd say one would have leverage with Mitsubishi.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #24 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. I am totally digging that approach. Thank you. (and just to be clear: I'll reserve sarcasm for plants, and it will be obvious). TY Augerhandle.

|
|
post #25 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Another Mits marketing plant spotted. This time they are trying to discredit me. I totally follow their logic and their new approach now that I called them out on this board. But the kicker, real hint to it being a plant, is explained in my reply, last sentence. Don't miss this event before They manage to get amazon to take my comment down, or worse, ban me. ( which I could care less about. Saves me time of helping others I've done over the years with my pertinent reviews.)

http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-...rBy=addOneStar

|
|
post #26 of 140 Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Hi ThHowl,

There are good prices on the 82738 model (2010) which I would like to purchase- so what is your opinion. Thank you very much for your discussions on the defect in the 2011 models and thanks for any advice you give me.

[quote=thhowl;21749525]Another Mits marketing plant spotted. This time they are trying to discredit me. I totally follow their logic and their new approach now that I called them out on this board. But the kicker, real hint to it being a plant, is explained in my reply, last sentence. Don't miss this event before They manage to get amazon to take my comment down, or worse, ban me. ( which I could care less about. Saves me time of helping others I've done over the years with my pertinent reviews.)
post #27 of 140 Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Your welcome! I have updated the title of this thread to "Mitsubishi: DEFECT in 2011 DLP Sets seriously affects PQ, raises concerns for 2012 models" (but models wouldn't fit)

You flatter me tremendously with this timely and direct question - it will get you somewhere! :-)

My opinion is that I am no better of an opinion giver than you googling "82738 model (2010)" (you can even leave the parenthesis in, just as you typed it). Please do not take this as a "get lost" insulting reply as other's have. In this case, and actually this specific case, it is the very best tip I can provide you, by which I become now no worse of an opinion giver than googling "82738 model (2010)", for having done so myself, and here's why:

1. I owned a 2009 Mitsubishi TV. I still have the paperwork on it, and know first hand what a great TV it is. (Including what great PQ it would demonstrate using the test images shown above. Without any workaround.)

2. By googling just now, I be confident I am not missing to warn you: no downward spiral started after my 2009 model, no serious PQ degrading issue was introduced in that specific 2010 model, etc. (Specific 2010 model, in contast to ALL 2011 models: open/closed principal of mathematical comparisons. But I ramble.)

3. Googling, for combining everyone's opinion, and this specific googling of this specific model, brings out the fact that it has garnished rave reviews (not a single 1 or 2 star at Amazon.com as of this writing - I can't guarantee what happens to the message next: notice I have spotted some Marketing plants. Oh I see you you spotted that I had spotted them.)

For this, and all the various information you will be able to gather from googling that model, including reports of my death that are highly exaggerated, my advice, I give to you, is to trust the free market, and not let any single person's opinion steer you astray. Whatever that mean for the 2011 models, it may take a team of marketing professionals to figure out. For you, it's no concern, as you ponder the 2010 model.

Now, if you would please see the owners thread for that model. I must say, I am surprised you found me, before you found them! ;-) I am truly flattered! :-)

|
|
post #28 of 140 Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Sorry for the delay. Here's the video I shot. I'll edit it and add annotations later.

post #29 of 140 Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

That's about 208 pixels that need to be improperly functioning. If one can count that many in say, that striped pajamas picture, I'd say one would have leverage with Mitsubishi.

Actually it's only 104 pixels on the chip... but that's semantics.

I counted 12 dead ones on mine and that's completely tolerable for me.... the color sharpness defect, though, is a different story. I wonder if you could call the pixels "malfunctioning" when it's the processing engine which is malfunctioning.
post #30 of 140 Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM

Great video, Witchboard, thanks!

BTW --- If you go into PS3's themes section, then color --- you can browse thru the different background colors and see it affected on large areas of the screen as well, with the reddish-orange being the worst. Basically the exact same as the video you just posted, just a slightly different method. Shows just how many ways this TV can find ways to trip itself up.

A funny side note to it is that even going from two colors that 'work', say blue and green... during the gradient/fade to the new color, the bug shows itself and then is gone by the time the new color is fully displayed. Goes toward the whole notion of gradients being a part of the problem as well.

Not all colors have the problem as they fade into each other... just some. So weird.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page