Yep. As predicted by both sides.
The good news is, it got Timmons' attention. Decisions are most likely being made, right now, based on what he saw here on the forums. Thank goodness he arrived just in time, not a moment too soon, nor too late, because these are decisions we most likely could not have influenced any other way, either by personal testimony nor, especially, confrontantion on specific issues, but by having this large clear record, (if lengthy and repitious) - record of the complete perspective from all angles - record he did not fail to assure us he was taking into account:
1) The sets are on sale at Dell right now - (A very good point, if not a question. see his later concerns over Toshiba's model possibly going on sale and then going out of stock for it).
2) We are a long winded and divided bunch. Very good point, if not a question.
3) The workaround is in the mind of anyone approaching this thread. A very good point, and almost throwing us a bone after chiding us, indicating that the long windedness and repeated back and fourths, inciting more and more stunning images, did in fact bring the workaround to light. I certainly cannot explain how so many brilliant minds, mine included, could not have found this sooner. It did certainly come about less out of genius than out of desperation - CaptainTaco would be the first to point that out.
4) The workaround fixes a glitch. It's can be demoded from horrendous PQ defect to glitch. And there is a complete workaround.
5) People are sometimes on the fence.
6) The price and size look great.
And finally the question
7) Given it is on sale right now, for lower than many of you have paid, though you are greatly divided on the impact this minor glitch has, for which there is a complete workaround, would you tell me again - because I can read with enough certainty that the C11 is the same as the 640, but cannot get a sense anywhere in here whether you all regret your purchase or just want the defect fixed, or may also be divided between not regretting at all and wanting the defect fixed, oops same thing - would you, kind folks I join for the very first time, yet knock before my first question is asked, would you tell me this non-fact-based but entirely subjective and psychology-dependent key point: do you entirely regret your purchase? (yes, entirely regret, as in if you could do it again you would not.)
8) Look how many, when asked that way, enjoy justifying their purchase as a good one, and play down any flaws. This validating my question as sound and a good one to ask a forum of bickering techies.
9) Look how I can bring up excellent Mitsubishi customer service disguised as a question.
(I spared myself writing the perspective another later did, but instead cut straight to the chase, by posting on Timmons public profile, Visitor Messages: "Hi! Welcome to AVSForum! Glad to see others looking into how to ensure full satisfaction with these DLPs! I think when a software fix of some kind comes, you'll really be glad you went the Mitsubishi Home Cinema route." )
10) Look how Toshiba has an apparently semi-recurring issue as well, also troubling some, not others. thhowl, you seem to be suspecting me after only my 3rd post, so her's a 4th, confirming I am not all about Mitsubishi. I can do Toshiba too. Seriously... You say: "Hi! Welcome to AVSForum! Glad to see others looking into how to ensure full satisfaction with these DLPs! I think when a software fix of some kind comes, you'll really be glad you went the Mitsubishi Home Cinema route." I mean, what is THAT supposed to mean?? Dude, I am not a plant, and the idea that the idea that I'll be glad I went with Mitsubishi is silly. I'm already looking at Toshiba. Obviously not a plant. Case closed. I won't be posting here again.
It is interesting to note another new AVSForum member, mixolydian12, who's first post was to respond to:
Originally Posted by bigjoejgde
It's off..Seems the [Mitsubishi TV] has a little bit of LED dimming that can't be turned off.
with this lead in, very first post at AVSForum:
Originally Posted by mixolydian12
I'm thinking of getting a refurbished 47TL515U from Tiger Direct. Is this dimming/flickering issue resolved?
Followed by: (again managing to raise the Toshiba TV issue via bigjoejgde)
Reminding us that "hey, if you don't like it, you can always return it"
Originally Posted by mixolydian12
Thanks, I suppose I may buy it elsewhere "new" to have better flexibility to return it.
I wonder if he will stick around. Fighting the good fight, against the real enemy.
But, you see, good news. Timmons decisions are ones we most likely could not have influenced any other way, either by personal testimony, facts, sincere and strong opinion about the defect, nor kindness. No, truly only numbers can influence Mitsubishi. But the numbers will never be on our side on this one. Point made clear by yadfgp.
And others' approaches to PQ.
No, now we can only wait. Let us all get some rest.