My 65" TV died!!!!! Waiting on "an offer" from Assurance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 24 Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do not feel too good about this right now.

I bought a Mitsubishi WD65734 from HHgregg on Fathers Day in 2007 and purchased the 5 year ESP plan on tip of my one year factory warranty.

I have never had any problems out of this tv until March 1st when I got the dreaded green blinking timer light. Four visits later from A&E service they finally talked with Assurance and decided that .....yea its messed up and needs to be replaced.

Now I'm waiting on a phone call from the warranty company with an offer?????

Anybody ever had to deal with this before and what was the outcome?

I see that Mitsubishi is not making 65" tvs anymore and the smallest they make now is a 73". Where does Assurance get the tv from and do they try to give you a referb?

Please give me some good news on this. I have already been without the TV for a month.

This is what the repair guy did....

3/1 ....called in for repair of no picture and blinking timer light

3/8......looked at it and decided to order a new main board

3/16.....put in new main board and tv turned on then 10 seconds later turned off saying it overheated......after troubleshooting for 2 hours he ordered a temperature sensor

3/26....plugged tv in to check it and now its clicking and will not turn on at all (no blinking light) to try the heat sensor.......after 2 more hours ordered a power supply board

4/3......replaced power supply and it is blinking green again (back where we started on 3/1)......swapped main boards and still has problem.......said he would need to order the light engine with the other board (over 900).

Talked to his boss and Assurance and they decided to replace TV....now I'm waiting.

I just want a TV that will fit in this space and have a picture just as good as the one I had
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

still no offer yet
post #3 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
There are 65738's out there. They might be trying to get one.

Cool Beans.
post #4 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

They called today and tried to bully me into a 60" Plasma TV.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-60PA6500-60.../dp/B006VFS4J2

said that they could offer me this 60" LG plasma from Brandsmart USA or repair my TV...... I said "did you understand that the repair tech has been out 4 times and said it will cost over $1500 for parts alone... to repair my tv and he is not sure it will fix it?"

They did not want to budge on anything and kept saying that DLP technology was dead and a dinosaur. I told them that a plasma would not be best for my room that has windows and could have a glare.

I know there are 73" DLP's out there now.

73738.......$1269
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-...3553034&sr=8-1

73640.......$1299
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-...3553034&sr=8-4

I asked why not get the TV from HHgregg where I purchased it from originally?

She kept saying "according to your contract" and I asked her for a copy of it and she said that she could not send a email or it or a paper copy.....there was no way to do it since it was a database

Anyway she finally said that they could offer a check for $1198 (paid a little over $2000 for the DLP in 2007) and I asked why did you not say that in the first place.

Still have not decided what to do.......take the 60 LG plasma or the check for 1198.......I do not want them to try to repair my 65" DLP because I have been without it for over a month already, no telling how long to get it working again.

What would you do?
post #5 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Take the money and put it towards the purchase of a new TV.
post #6 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 08:26 AM

Hello Steinfire,

I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you. My name is Robert and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at AEservice@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the Mitsubishi television was listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (steinfire) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Robert B.

A&E Solutions Team

A&E Cares
post #7 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 AM

#1 I would take the check as it seems even the 738 in 65" has disappeared from market.

#2 Change your setup. Confining your choices to an entertainment cabinet is just wrong to do. You are hurting yourself by doing so. I know, finally destroyed my 20 year old Oak Entertainment Center as much as it bothered me I am glad I did now, specially for my new WD-73"640.

#3 The two bookshelf like ends can be seperated from the center beam on top of the entertainment center, if there is a way to modify it for your tasted than I would do so or you are stuck at Plasma/LCD at that size.

Ultimately its up to you as nice as the ETC is if its worth it to you or not. I won't ever have one again as it seems distracting having all the knick knacks and what nots around the screen. Good luck on a hard decision. ME=bye entertainment center.

Cool Beans.
post #8 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinfire View Post

They called today and tried to bully me into a 60" Plasma TV.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-60PA6500-60.../dp/B006VFS4J2

said that they could offer me this 60" LG plasma from Brandsmart USA or repair my TV...... I said "did you understand that the repair tech has been out 4 times and said it will cost over $1500 for parts alone... to repair my tv and he is not sure it will fix it?"

They did not want to budge on anything and kept saying that DLP technology was dead and a dinosaur. I told them that a plasma would not be best for my room that has windows and could have a glare.

I know there are 73" DLP's out there now.

73738.......$1269
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-...3553034&sr=8-1

73640.......$1299
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-...3553034&sr=8-4

I asked why not get the TV from HHgregg where I purchased it from originally?

She kept saying "according to your contract" and I asked her for a copy of it and she said that she could not send a email or it or a paper copy.....there was no way to do it since it was a database

Anyway she finally said that they could offer a check for $1198 (paid a little over $2000 for the DLP in 2007) and I asked why did you not say that in the first place.

Still have not decided what to do.......take the 60 LG plasma or the check for 1198.......I do not want them to try to repair my 65" DLP because I have been without it for over a month already, no telling how long to get it working again.

What would you do?

Tell them the check is not big enough, as you found a replacement DLP, and that it would cost $1299 plus tax to replace your set.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #9 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

#1 I would take the check as it seems even the 738 in 65" has disappeared from market.

#2 Change your setup. Confining your choices to an entertainment cabinet is just wrong to do. You are hurting yourself by doing so. I know, finally destroyed my 20 year old Oak Entertainment Center as much as it bothered me I am glad I did now, specially for my new WD-73"640.

#3 The two bookshelf like ends can be seperated from the center beam on top of the entertainment center, if there is a way to modify it for your tasted than I would do so or you are stuck at Plasma/LCD at that size.

Ultimately its up to you as nice as the ETC is if its worth it to you or not. I won't ever have one again as it seems distracting having all the knick knacks and what nots around the screen. Good luck on a hard decision. ME=bye entertainment center.

Thanks for the input

#3 I looked at that but I would lose my center channel shelf and have to do something different......I guess I could put it below tv. Then there is the gap that will be left on each side of the bookshelves(maybe 3 inches on each side)

I would love to have the knick knacks gone but that was a wife requirement.....she agreed to the big tv as long as she had room to put her stuff up there with it.
post #10 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the input

#3 I looked at that but I would lose my center channel shelf and have to do something different......I guess I could put it below tv. Then there is the gap that will be left on each side of the bookshelves(maybe 3 inches on each side)

I would love to have the knick knacks gone but that was a wife requirement.....she agreed to the big tv as long as she had room to put her stuff up there with it.

http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-Television-Top-Shelf-CCH1P/dp/B0007QVXLC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&m=A1HU88D0GHTL1Z&s the feet work perfectly with the sloping back of the TV.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #11 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM

Well, I did leave the "getting rid of the misses too" part out of there when the ETC went.

Seriously though, can you talk her into a new setup if you get the new TV??

As for the center channel, I actually looked at the newer smaller models and had Best Buys Magnolia center hook up the Martin Logan Motion 6 and 8, Energy center channel (number escapes me offhand) and a Polk TL3 Center channel, all small centers that fit under and in front of the screen. Excellent sound from all of them but went with the Motion 6 as I couldn't tell the difference between it and the Motion 8 that was $100 more.

Could be time for an all round update bud. Stand firm with the misses, were here when she doesn't budge.

Oh and Center Channel Motion 6 in front of TV, just to give you an idea.

DOHHHH!! sorry about the blur, really really need a camera. lol

Cool Beans.
post #12 of 24 Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

I could see about getting a better sounding center with a smaller footprint......I did measure from the top of the stand to the bottom of the bridge and its 49" H. I think the 73" is 43.6 inches tall but my center is about 8" tall so even with the tv center channel bracket it would be too little space. It will have to go in front of the TV I guess.

I have some Energy book shelf speakers in our bedroom and bathroom closet and I love them.

The stand is 59 1/2" wide so the 73" would only hang over the edges by about 2" on each side

I'm going to look Friday in the stores and see what to do from there.

Thanks again for the help
post #13 of 24 Old 04-06-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think I can do the 73 DLP.....I would have to spend more money on a new stand and do something different.

I went all over the place today looking at TVs in person to see what I liked and I think I am going to go with a plasma( I know this is the DLP section). I watch a ton of blu ray movies and sports and have a 360 and ps3 hooked up to my current set. I do have morning sunlight that comes in the room but can close the blinds and curtains to help with that. Plus I'm usually not watching TV until after 6 anyway.....unless its a weekend.

I looked at Samsung, Panasonic, and LG and even some LED Sharp TVs but kept going back to the samsung plasmas. I was looking at the 60" but may try to go up top 64"......it just depends on if I want to go with the 3D or not.

I know you cannot tell how the picture looks on the tv from a picture but I mainly took the pictures to see the size comparison and outside outside screen housing.

this picture gives you a size comparison between 70" 64" and 60"

Samsung 60" plasma on top and Sharp 70" led on bottom

Panasonic 60" on top and Samsung 64" on bottom........

Samsung 60" LED and Samsung 60 Plasma

from top left Samsung last years 60" plasma, Sharp 60" LED, Samsung 60" Plasma(bottom right) and Samsung 60 LED (bottom left) (I'm leaning towards this plasma or the 64" that is $600 more.....they are also 3D! and a 2012 models)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Q825E0BG6CQKBM

post #14 of 24 Old 04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Isn't it telling how no two pictures look alike?

post #15 of 24 Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

I don't think I can do the 73 DLP.....I would have to spend more money on a new stand and do something different.

I would get rid of the stand especially since there's weeds starting to grow around all the knick knacks.
post #16 of 24 Old 04-06-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

I would get rid of the stand especially since there's weeds starting grow around all the knick knacks.

I would love to have a dedicated room for my tv and equipment but we do not so the weeds and knick knacks have to stay. I've showed the wife some of the clean install on this site in living rooms and she liked them but with 3 kids including a 14 month old.......nothing stays clean or neat in this house long.
post #17 of 24 Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Walts has last year's 65" for under $2000 delivered. Give them a call. Better yet, have the warranty company give them a call.

http://www.walts.com/products/WD-65738.html

post #18 of 24 Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would love to have a dedicated room for my tv and equipment but we do not so the weeds and knick knacks have to stay. I've showed the wife some of the clean install on this site in living rooms and she liked them but with 3 kids including a 14 month old.......nothing stays clean or neat in this house long.

Don't understand the logic, with less clutter, easier to clean. I managed with 3 kids that were very well behaved without being strict. Other kids would come over and they were afraid to move or touch anything.....just the way I like it.
post #19 of 24 Old 04-07-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Don't understand the logic, with less clutter, easier to clean. I managed with 3 kids that were very well behaved without being strict. Other kids would come over and they were afraid to move or touch anything.....just the way I like it.

Thanks for all the help but could I have a little more help with the TV decision making instead of telling me that I kids that are not well behaved

these are bad kids.....

post #20 of 24 Old 04-07-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

No such thing as bad kids, just bad parenting. (this is not meant as a reflection on you, but explains the pictures, especially the daddy with the lighter and the unsupervised kids with the paint, which has a label that says "keep out of reach of children")

post #21 of 24 Old 04-07-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for all the help but could I have a little more help with the TV decision making instead of telling me that I kids that are not well behaved

these are bad kids.....

I am helping, I suggested you dump the media center, get anything you want and control the kids. I never said your kids aren't well behaved. According to your own statement your kids make a mess. Those kids aren't bad, they're raised badly.

If you think it's bad now wait until they become teenagers and beyond.
post #22 of 24 Old 04-10-2012, 04:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearsCares View Post

Hello Steinfire,
I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We're very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you. My name is Robert and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at AEservice@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the Mitsubishi television was listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (steinfire) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
Thank you,
Robert B.
A&E Solutions Team
A&E Cares

What more could anyone want! Too bad more companies can't "reach out"!

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #23 of 24 Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

Take the money and put it towards the purchase of a new TV.

The only logical choice.
What more could they do?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #24 of 24 Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Take the money for the TV and buy what you want. Ask for more though but I guess with deprecation you are getting a fair value unless the contract said replacement cost (the way home insurance companies work). I wouldn't take a TV that they suggest.

Get rid of the entertainment cabinet or have it modified to accommodate newer technology.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page