Help Broken Mirror - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help, while I was moving my Pioneer Elete PRO700HD from room to room I had to take the back off. Doing so I broke the mirror. I can buy an acrylic mirror 1/8" x 24" x36" ($30) I understand the original its not a "pure" rectangle. To buy a new from Pioneer would cost over $ 200. I'm retired and 72 years old now and just can't afford . I Was going to get a locate Technician to cut it and install it. any body got any info/ideas that might help? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
you might looking thru your used ads for your location (on-line) to see if someone is "turfing" a old projection screen tv ... or put in a "wanted" ad... you might get lucky and salvage a mirror for little or no cost. Further, phone a few repair shops. Sometimes they might a have a mirror "lying around" from a non-serviceable set (or customer gave up on). Lastly, the mirror in RPTV's is "special"... its a first surface reflector (ie. silvered on the face). A regular mirror isn't going to work well.... hopefully your acrylic one is the right type.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-16-2012, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Also check with the local electronics recyclers. They may be able to salvage a mirror before the junk the whole set. Also check the local Habitat retail store if you have one. You can usually find the parts online through ebay or on Craigslist pretty cheap.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hope you didnt damage or scratched the projection guns as thats what your mirror would fall on
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page