Loud pop then Timer, Lamp, Stand By Temp display on my Samsung DLP TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This morning my Samsung HLR5067W made a loud popping sound, then immediately went blank. There was also a distinctive burning smell. The "Timer" "Lamp" and "Stand By Temp" were all flashing after that. I've had the TV for about 6 years and have never had to replace the lamp.

My first thought was that I just needed to replace the lamp. but further research seems to indicate that it might be something more serious like the color wheel. I'm fine with replacing the lamp and housing but anything more serious than that I'm going to just get a new TV. Just wanted to better understand what I'm dealing with here before making any decisions.

Can someone help me with the diagnosis here?

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDan666 View Post

This morning my Samsung HLR5067W made a loud popping sound, then immediately went blank. There was also a distinctive burning smell. The "Timer" "Lamp" and "Stand By Temp" were all flashing after that. I've had the TV for about 6 years and have never had to replace the lamp.

My first thought was that I just needed to replace the lamp. but further research seems to indicate that it might be something more serious like the color wheel. I'm fine with replacing the lamp and housing but anything more serious than that I'm going to just get a new TV. Just wanted to better understand what I'm dealing with here before making any decisions.

Can someone help me with the diagnosis here?

Thanks,
Chris

Sounds like the lamp popped. Slide out the cartridge and see.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #3 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. It happened this morning before I left for work. Didn't have time to do full investigation. I went ahead and just ordered a new lamp anyway. I'll be able to check and see before I do the install. If it's something else, I can just return it.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

The bulb and indeed was imploded. Put in the new lamp and housing and it's back to new! $93 (with next day shipping even) is a great deal in my opinion.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page