Help fixing a Misu 65-638 slight screen slant - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've made sure as best I can by myself that the screen is entirely level, but im going to double check tomorrow with a friend because I'm not 100% comfortable with moving the thing off of the TV stand. But I'm wondering if this is a problem that's fixable just with some new cords?

I currently have two devices connected to the TV, my computer and my XBosx 360. They're both connected to a (rather cheap) HDMI switch, and that goes inot the 3D Box, and that goes to the TV. I also don't have any HDMI output on this PC, so I'm using a DVI-HDMI adapter. And for a while I had a PS3 connected to it, and I had to shave down some of the plastic on the adapter to get all three deviced plugged in to my switcher.

Anyway, the problem does not appear to be there when my 360 is turned on. If it is there, it's somehow changed to be tiny enough that I cannot notice it. So it only appears when connected to my PC! Well, to me this sounds like a cord issue. I tried two different DVI cords, didn't help. So I'm guessing that it's either the DVI-HDMI adapter messing up OR it's just the fact that I'm using an adapter and need to get a graphics card with HDMI out. I suppose it's also possible that the problem is there on the XBox, and I've never noticed in games because I was playing games, and couldn't tell on the dashboard because of the colors or something making it hard to tell there. And I'm not sure if it matters (I suppose it will if I need to adjust something in the TV), but the problem is in the top right corner of the screen. It's most noticeable in the top right, with it 'fixing' itself by the time it gets to the top left or about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way to the bottom right.

I also thought about it being some kind of PC setting, so I updated my drivers and then messed around a bit in the nVidia settings panel. Couldn't really figure anything out, though. But if it helps, I do have a custom resolution set up to negate overscan. Also I'm using the standard view on my format settings, have tried setting the input to PC, HDMI, input-1, game, etc.,...

Oh, and one last thing while I've made a topic. I thought DVI was strictly video only, but I can get audio through it. Is that normal? Could that have anything to do with the problem? I don't really see how it could, but I don't know much at all about TVs. It's been like this since I've had it, so I'd really like to get it fixed. It's not terribly annoying, but if it's something simple I can do to fix it I definitely want to get it done. And I figure it has to be PC related, since the XBox appears to be fine.

If there is any more information you guys need/want, I'll do my best to provide it, including pictures if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-22-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Your post leaves a lot of confusion. How about a screen shot?

BTW, DVI is just video.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page