Toshiba 57h93 flashing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Haapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings,

Our toshiba 57h93 has been suffering from an intermittent loud clicking noise in conjunction with a screen flash. I was wondering if anyone has seen a similar problem and corrected it? The set is becoming worse and I would really like to repair it, it has a great picture!

Thanks,
Haapy
Haapala is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haapala View Post

Greetings,

Our toshiba 57h93 has been suffering from an intermittent loud clicking noise in conjunction with a screen flash. I was wondering if anyone has seen a similar problem and corrected it? The set is becoming worse and I would really like to repair it, it has a great picture!

Thanks,
Haapy

From your description, I would suspect the flyback transformer is arcing. You can find help here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=695922

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
Augerhandle is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Haapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Augerhandle!,

I Believe I know what and where these puppies are, is there a quick way to test for the failing unit?

Haapy
Haapala is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haapala View Post

Thanks Augerhandle!,

I Believe I know what and where these puppies are, is there a quick way to test for the failing unit?

Haapy

Usually, if it's arcing, it's failing.

Because of the danger, I do not recommend messing with it yourself.

There is a fatal shock hazard of over 30,000 volts even with the TV off and unplugged, so I'd recommend posting in the thread I linked to. You will get both answers and safety procedures to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 
Augerhandle is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Haapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Usually, if it's arcing, it's failing.

Because of the danger, I do not recommend messing with it yourself.

There is a fatal shock hazard of over 30,000 volts even with the TV off and unplugged, so I'd recommend posting in the thread I linked to. You will get both answers and safety procedures to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Thanks, will do.
Haapala is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off