Getting 3D to work on the WD82840 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Setup is: PS3 hooked by HDMI to a Denon 2112ci AVR (BD HDMI INPUT) out to the WD82840 by HDMI (all have latest firmware installed.
Finally got some Xpand 104's and a 3d movie to give it a go, but kept getting message stating display was not 3d...got some help and setup the
PS3 correctly..so now the disk will play..but ONLY in 2d mode.
I set the TV up for Auto 3d mode with the int/ext set to standard and DLP link off (before movie started) but the YV does not play the disk in 3d.
When I check the TV setting, for some reason the 3D setting is now off instead of Auto.
Any help with getting this TV to play the 3d movie would be greatly appreciated..thx.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So nobody has a PS3 connected to any AVR out to there Mits that could help?

Thx
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im not familair with your AVR setup so I probably can't help much. you may want to 1st try to bypass that component to confirm your ps3 settings are ok.
auto should be good for ps3.
if you have an external emitter set the tv for that, if your glasses use the same protocol as the internal emitter then you can use that. sorry im not which format your glasses use.

but basically, none of that matters for the connection of the source device. just send the framepacking format to the TV and it will work.

good luck.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

Setup is: PS3 hooked by HDMI to a Denon 2112ci AVR (BD HDMI INPUT) out to the WD82840 by HDMI (all have latest firmware installed.
Finally got some Xpand 104's and a 3d movie to give it a go, but kept getting message stating display was not 3d...got some help and setup the
PS3 correctly..so now the disk will play..but ONLY in 2d mode.
I set the TV up for Auto 3d mode with the int/ext set to standard and DLP link off (before movie started) but the YV does not play the disk in 3d.
When I check the TV setting, for some reason the 3D setting is now off instead of Auto.
Any help with getting this TV to play the 3d movie would be greatly appreciated..thx.

Scott

Have you run the PS3 setup procedure?

To setup 3D on the PS3:

Settings> Display Settings> Video Output Settings> HDMI> Automatic (follow the prompts)

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page