Samsung HLS6187W - Weird Problem Happenings - In Need Tech Expert For This One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I woke up this morning and turned on my Samsung HLS6187W DLP HDTV, and some weird things are happening. When I turn on the TV, in the front panel of the TV the "Lamp" light comes on, fine there, but when I press any button on the remote control, volume, source, menu, and even the power button, nothing functions. I even tried the buttons on the front TV panel, and still nothing functions. The only thing that happens is, each time I tap a button either on the remote or front panel, the front panel "Timer" light blinks with each tap of a button. Also, what is happening on the TV is, the picture freezes for about 1 second every 20-30 seconds followed by a 1/2 second black screen, then after about 5 minutes of the TV being on, it then shuts itself down completely.

Is there anyone that knows what is causing these problems?

To me I think it might be some kind of computer malfunction in the TV, but then I am no TV tech.

Any and all help will be deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

23 views of my thread and not a single reply. I thought they had knowledgeable people at AVSforum, but I guess not. cool.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
How old is the lamp in the tv?

Could be lamp, power supply or color wheel. Start with the lamp.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post

How old is the lamp in the tv?
Could be lamp, power supply or color wheel. Start with the lamp.

Well gmanhdtv, the Lamp that was in the TV when I started having problems is 2 1/2 years old. I had an old lamp with housing in my garage that was I had in it before the light engine was changed in 2007, and tried that Lamp, but it will only stay lit for about a minute or two before going out. So I took the back cover off completely, and after vacuuming some of the dust in and around everything back there, I put the 2 1/2 year old lamp back in, and the lamp light stayed on, (which leads me to believe the Lamp is ok) but the screen stays black, except for a very occasional (about every 30-60 seconds) a white horizontal line comes up for about a 1/2 second, then after about 5 minutes the Lamp shuts off. I still have no remote control or front panel functions, (even by not being able to turn off the TV) except when I touch the keys, the front panel "Timer" light flashes with each touch of a key. Since there is no button functions I can not get into the TV menu, but since the TV now has a black screen, I guess getting in the menu does not matter anyway.

Any and all help from anyone else too would be appreciated.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page