Samsung NOT repairing TV as they are supposed to, instead charging me extra fees! HELP! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Long story short, Samsung was in a class action lawsuit for the capacitors in their power supplies. As terms of the settlement, they were to reimburse people if they had their TVs repaired already, and they were supposed to cover the repairs for 18 months after the March 2, 2012 date.

So of course Samsung is using the loophole which doesn't state what happens if the TV can't be repaired (ie, the power board is no longer manufactured). They have stated that I am eligible for an "exchange", but I will need to pay an "out of warranty" fee. I'm waiting on a call back (2-3 days) to hear what they will offer to exchange it with, and how much this fee will be.

Needless to say, I am *NOT* happy right now.

Any words of advice?

Sean Hull

Denon 3808ci | PS3 80Gb | Harmony One | Toshiba XA2 | Samsung 61" PN60E6500EF | HTPC with HDMI

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
AFTER they tell you what the out of warranty fee is, tell them you want it exchanged for another DLP. When they can't deliver, tell them Mitsubishi still makes them, and insist on satisfaction. You'll get a 73", as that's the smallest they make now.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hah, I wish.

I'm guessing the legal loophole means they can make me pretty much any offer, and if I don't like it, then they can say the went above and beyond, and they are done with it. Unfortunately it doesn't state they are required to replace the unit frown.gif

Sean Hull

Denon 3808ci | PS3 80Gb | Harmony One | Toshiba XA2 | Samsung 61" PN60E6500EF | HTPC with HDMI

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page