magnavox 6p6030 w101 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2012, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a duaghter whom in the past has had a seizure. She is 10 going on 11. I recieved a magnavox 6p6030 w101 projection tv from 1997. she has had two seizures since we recieved the tv and wanted to know if it was designed during the days of DLP tvs and wanted to know if it is a DLP version?I dont have the users manual and despeartely need to know if she can watch the tv or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Forbes View Post

I have a duaghter whom in the past has had a seizure. She is 10 going on 11. I recieved a magnavox 6p6030 w101 projection tv from 1997. she has had two seizures since we recieved the tv and wanted to know if it was designed during the days of DLP tvs and wanted to know if it is a DLP version?I dont have the users manual and despeartely need to know if she can watch the tv or not.

DLP TVs came out in 2001. Your model is a CRT TV.

To my knowledge, DLPs in general do not cause seizures, but any large screen or misaligned older TV might do so in a seizure prone person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy
Quote:
Television has traditionally been the most common source of seizures in PSE. For patients with PSE, it is especially hazardous to view television in a dark room, at close range, or when the television is out of adjustment and is showing a rapidly flickering image (as when the horizontal hold is incorrectly adjusted). Modern digital television sets that cannot be maladjusted in this way and refresh the image on the screen at very high speed present less of a risk than older television sets.

I would also advise consulting one's doctor on medical questions, and not an A/V enthusiast forum.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page