ATSC Tuner Problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung 60 inch 1080P DLP. For the last 2 years, I have connected a Terk amplified indoor antenna directly to the TV. It has always received ABC and Fox perfectly, CBS was usually pretty good, and NBC was good if you messed with it. My zip is 31210 (Macon, GA). Except for occasional reception issues with NBC, it worked perfectly.

However, as of this week and after multiple tries over multiple days, it now receives zero channels. No matter how I position the antenna, it sees nothing. And before, it really didn't matter much where I positioned the antenna--it would always pick-up something. The TV is in exactly the same place and on the same piece of furniture that is has been in and on for the last 2 years. It is right beside a large unobstructed window. Nothing about the configuration has changed.

I re-scanned for channels numerous times--nothing. I borrowed an antenna--nothing. I bought 2 different indoor antennas---nothing. All I get is snow. The channel setup is set to "Air" and when I change the source from HDMI to TV it will show "DTV Air" and the channel number as I move-up and down the channels. The antenna is connected to the Ant 1 (Air). In other words, I think that the TV settings and connections are correct and exactly the same as they have been for the last 2 years when it was working. And the TV works perfectly otherwise. It makes no sense why it would suddenly stop seeing ALL channels.

Any ideas? Could it be a bad ATSC tuner? How do I diagnose that? About to go buy a digital converter to (1) test our upstairs analog TV for reception and (2) see if I can get the converter to work on the DLP. If it is a bad tuner, then can I buy a standalone HD terrestrial receiver and bypass the antenna input? Thanks!
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page