hi, need some help with the dvi/pc audio input - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody!!! im new here, well i got my self a Mitsubishi Dlp tv, model number WD-82837, Huge tv, well im having problems with the Dvi/pc audio input, i have an older dual core computer, i have a dvi to hdmi cable running from the computer to the tv, Dvi does not carry sound, so i connected the 2.5mm to rca cable to the DVI/PC AUDIO INPUT, but i get no sound from the tv, i tested my computer and the sound works, I also checked the cable in is in good condition and works great. no matter what i do i dont get sound. i checked the manual and theres nothing about the dvi/pc audio input .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Your audio coming from the pc is analog, DVI digital only.

What you need to do is one of two things... For me I have a Sound Blaster Auidigy USB sound card on my laptop. It supports 7.1 and I use the TOSLINK connection to drive digital audio. it would be the best to connect to an A/V receiver with at least 5.1 setup on the speakers.

The second option is a Stereo plug to stereo RCA connector to drive stereo audio only to your TV.

Yes, my 2010 Panasonic 42C2 performs better than an S2 No floating blacks and keeps the lowest black levels.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

its a desktop with anolog output with a 2.5mm connected to the rca(white and red) input that says dvi/pc audio input. My set up is DVI(pc dvi output) TO HDMI CABLE, (No sound thru cable) on hdmi input 2 on the tv, i tried all the hdmi inputs to try to see if any of them work with the dvi/pc audio input and none work.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

OK, got confused...

Did you check to see in the user menu if audio is disabled.

I know you have a different manufacturer than mine, but the audio amp section on the main board may have no voltage from the power supply or blown audio amp.

Just as an example from my power supply:

5v For Standby circuits
5.6v For Main board logic
12v For Audio amp and Tuner
16.7v For DMD / Light Engine

Yes, my 2010 Panasonic 42C2 performs better than an S2 No floating blacks and keeps the lowest black levels.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

audio is enabled, but I think all the Hdmi inputs get audio from hdmi and cant find a setting to get the audio from DVI/PC audio input, my tv sound works, its just not getting sound from the dvi/pc audio input
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCALIBURPCS View Post

audio is enabled, but I think all the Hdmi inputs get audio from hdmi and cant find a setting to get the audio from DVI/PC audio input, my tv sound works, its just not getting sound from the dvi/pc audio input

The problem can have three different causes:

1. The output of your PC isn't working.
to check, use another cable and device to listen to the PC Audio output. If it works, proceed to #2
2. The TRS to RCA cable is defective
a. plug the RCA plugs into another device (if #1 hasn't been eliminated this won't conclusively eliminate the cable as culprit)
b. try a different cable
3. The inputs on the TV don't work
plug the ouput of another device (DVD player) into the TV, (with known good RCA cables) and check for sound.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Old 08-04-2012, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

I tried all of the above, the pc output works, tjerca cable works, i tried a dvd player with a good working rca cable, and all the other audio inputs work
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 AM
g4s

Liked: 17
First make sure you assign the computers input as PC on the TV. When you first hook up the PC, the TV will ask you to assign a name. If your TV had already been using that input for something else, I believe you need to delete that input in the user menu. Hook it back up then choose PC for the input when prompted by the TV.

If that doesn't get it; while on the PC input, push the More button on the remote, then 9 to see the audio options for that input. Hopefully there will be an option to choose analog audio in there.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

g4s, you sir are a genius, that worked, I had it on pc but never deleted the old device, well after deleting the old device, unplugged the Hdmi/dvi cable plugged it in and selected pc and now my audio works thru the dvi/pc audio input. Thanks,
Old 08-05-2012, 04:10 PM
g4s

Liked: 17
No problem. Glad it worked out.