Sony KDS 60A2000 aspect ratio problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2012, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Sony KDS 60A2000 purchased back in 2006. Replaced the bulb once a couple of years ago; otherwise, it has been a very good TV. No optical block problem like many others. I do have a problem that has been bugging me for a year or so now.

When I initially turn the TV on using an HD source, I get a picture that does not take the full width of the screen. The vertical dimension appears correct but the width of the HD source looks more like 4:3 with the horizontal compressed. Also, the actual TV remote or buttons on the console do not work during this initial phase. After about 30 minutes or more, the screen suddenly goes to full screen and the remote/console buttons start to function.

This problem seems to occur regardless of source. I typically have all audio/video routed through my receiver. This is a good thing because I could not switch sources if I go directly to the set with my components until the picture corrects itself.

So, does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Searching the forum and web has not identified a solution.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Never had a response on this post so I thought I would try again. I still have the tv but just bought a Panasonic plasma. Would be nice to fix this current set for the kids or my parent's basement. I am guessing it just needs a board replaced but which one and where?
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Philips Lighting Sony Kds 60a2000 Kds60a2000 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread - 60a2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page