RCA Scenium Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I have a RCA Scenium 61" DLP (HDLP61W151) tv that was given to me over the weekend. Nice upgrade from my 32". But I have some issues that I would like advice on. So let's get to it...

1. When I go to my menu on any of the 2 component inputs while they are active my menu is wavy. Same thing with the volume bar when adjusting sound. Just wondering what could cause this? Pic below.
64p9b4.jpg

2. Objects on the screen have shadows to the right of them. This doesn't seem to apply to the menu itself, only on my cable and ps3 (component inputs). It is most obvious in 1080i, but if you were watching something in 480s you could notice it too. The greenish shadows are very noticeable on moving objects. Pics below.
2aam1s0.jpg
e9ul48.jpg

3. The left hand of my screen has some greens and pinks anytime a whitish light or contrast is on it. Pic below.
1i1oao.jpg

I think one of the problems is my input board. The tv does not play anything in 720p on the components, and my DVI input is not working. It has a picture for 2 seconds and then kicks off. So I think that could explain number 1 maybe? But 2 and 3 I'm not sure about. I replaced the lamp as soon as I got the tv and cleaned the color wheel (that thing was dirty). I've only got about $50 (the lamp) tied up in this thing, and it is an old tv, so if these issues can't be fixed I'm not THAT worried about it, I will just use it for a year or so and get a new tv. I can post links to the full size pics if needed. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I'd look around for bad capacitors, but not sure I've heard of others having problems like that. And if I remember correctly, these tv's don't accept a 720p input, even though that is their native resolution.

bg
post #3 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

I'd look around for bad capacitors, but not sure I've heard of others having problems like that. And if I remember correctly, these tv's don't accept a 720p input, even though that is their native resolution.

Alright so that explains that. But where should I be looking for the bad capacitors? Power source, input board, digital board etc?
post #4 of 5 Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

double post sorry
post #5 of 5 Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Everywhere. Definitely the power supply. And there will probably be local filter caps on each board.

bg
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page