Samsung HL-T5075S "no inputs detected" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently moved to a new house where my Samsing HL-T5075SX DLP sat for a couple weeks. After I plugged it in, I received a "no inputs detected" message. The TV is a Samsung HL-T5075SX DLP TV. Both HDMI (TW cable box) and component cables (XBOX 360) are not detected despite being hooked up. The odd thing is my cable hooked up from wall to TV works, so I pickup my Time Warner "standard" channels.

I chatted with Samsung who suggested me to local support. I talked to local support, they thought it was a main board issue that would run around $450 to fix (diagnostics, parts, and labor). So...I can either fix on my own or buy a new TV.

What I've tried so far: Power cycled it like 50 times. I removed the back panel and looked around for loose wires and anything else without any luck. I didn't remove either board because I don't know enough about these TVs to take them apart.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix or how to better trouble shoot this issue for a person who is a novice with TVs? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Bad input board would be my guess. Power cycling isn't going to do anything. Are all inputs affected? Component, composite S-video (if it has that)?
Start by getting a Service Manual. have you read through the "sticky" at the top of the page?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page