Stringy thing on Mitsubishi DLP Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-17-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had a Mitsubishi WD-60735 DLP TV for nearly 5 years. I just replaced the lamp and noticed what looks like a 4" squiggly string/thread/lint/hair/something flapping on the left edge of the screen. I can only see it when the screen has light colors. My daughter said that she had noticed it before the lamp change, but it was just harder to see as it had gotten darker. I did go back to the old lamp and still saw it. I cleaned inside the lamp compartment and got all of the dust out, but that didn't help. I opened the side of the tv and cleaned the lens at the bottom, the mirror in the back and the back of the screen, but that didn't help either. Could it be inside the light engine? Can that be taken apart enough to get to wherever it is? Has anybody seen anything like this before? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Cobweb inside the cabinet in front of the screen I would bet. Does the set have access ports on either side?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-27-2012, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, like I said, I opened the side of the tv and cleaned the lens at the bottom, the mirror in the back and the back of the screen, but that didn't help either. It looks clean in there now and so does the lamp and the compartment that houses the lamp.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 PM

Look on the face of the chip. A tiny hair will look pretty big if it is on the face of the chip.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Displays , Projection Screens , Mitsubishi Wd 60735 180 Watt Tv Lamp Replacement , Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page