Originally Posted by lujan
I just purchased a 92842 from Paul's yesterday after hearing the bad news that Mitsubishi was not going to sell DLPs after this year. I had been waiting for the 92" sets to go down in price but now that won't happen because they'll probably be harder to find? I'm also finding it hard to find the 92842's at online vendor sites as well.
Just took delivery of the 92842 model TV yesterday (a day earlier than expected) and I'm loving it so far. Quick question, since I've never had the bluetooth type 3D glasses and they should get here today, was it hard to set up? The manual (page 22) says:
1. Before you view 3D content, pair the RF 3D glasses with the internal RF emitter.The pairing starts when you press the POWER button on the glasses for more than 2 seconds within 1.5 feet from the TV.
2. A message is displayed saying that the pairing has been completed.
3. Connect the source device to the HDMI input on the TV.
4. When the New Device Found screen is displayed, name the input.
5. Press EXIT to close the New Device Found screen.
I'm confused about steps 3, 4, and 5. I have only one device connected to the TV and it's an AVR which is already recognized by the TV as HDMI 1. This would seem to me that I don't have to do steps 3, 4, and 5, correct. Do I only have to do steps 1 and 2 and all should be completed? Also, my 3D settings are:
Source Format: Automatic
Glasses Emitter: Internal: Standard - External:Standard
DLP Link: Off
Should it all work find after doing the above steps and the settings as they are?