2012 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (C12/642/742/842 series) - Page 43 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1261 of 1262 Unread Today, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Disclaimer: Be very careful while in the Service Menu. Adjusting the wrong parameter can brick your TV.
Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering how this setting may have changed when I've not accessed the service menu before . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgtMatt View Post
I have a similar problem and would like to know if this same mode in the service menu will solve my issue. On my TV the image is larger than the physical size of the TV and there isn't an option in the setup menu to shrink the image. I've never messed with the service menu so I don't know how to navigate through it or what I shouldn't do. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
Just be sure there is no BD player zoom feature inadvertently turned on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1262 Unread Today, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgtMatt View Post
I have a similar problem and would like to know if this same mode in the service menu will solve my issue. On my TV the image is larger than the physical size of the TV and there isn't an option in the setup menu to shrink the image. I've never messed with the service menu so I don't know how to navigate through it or what I shouldn't do. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

TVs usually have about 3% overscan built in. This is to avoid black edges and non content specific information appearing on the sides, top and bottom. Rear projection TVs usually have a bit more overscan to prevent any optical or geometric imperfections from showing at the edges. It is not defeat-able.

If you have excessive zooming, check your Format setting on both your TV and your source, as TSgtMatt also advised. It's very common for someone (even the dog or cat) to accidentally hit a button on the remote, changing the setting.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi Wd 73c12 73 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Dlp Home Cinema Tv
Gear in this thread - 73c12 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page