2012 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (C12/642/742/842 series) - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

Old 07-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, it finally happened....

Turned the telly on this am, and green light flashed for a while, then went solid green but no picture. Tried to turn it off, neither the remote or the actual power button on the unit would work. Unplugged and plugged back in, turned on, and basically the same thing. Well, now it is red.

Blah. So please tell me that means bulb time?

Last edited by PixieVampyress; 07-12-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieVampyress View Post
Well, it finally happened....

Turned the telly on this am, and green light flashed for a while, then went solid green but no picture. Tried to turn it off, neither the remote or the actual power button on the unit would work. Unplugged and plugged back in, turned on, and basically the same thing. Well, now it is red.

Blah. So please tell me that means bulb time?
Yes solid red is lamp failure. If it's blinking red and yellow at different intervals it's a more substantial problem.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT35 View Post
Yes solid red is lamp failure. If it's blinking red and yellow at different intervals it's a more substantial problem.
I ordered a kinda cheap one on Amazon, for the time being, as it is between paychecks. Two days, no telly, I might lose what few marbles I had left! Thank you
Old 07-30-2016, 01:34 PM

Question Update and New question :)

First, the $25 bulb is working very well. In hindsight we realized we should have made a video of how to change the bulb (cheaper to buy it, by itself) but it was relatively easy.

So now I am thinking maybe I should get the 3D up and going. Kept waiting for prices to drop, then forgot. I have the WD-73642 and am having a time trying to figure out how to go about getting anything or everything needed.

Amazon has a kit but it says for 2010/2011 TV's and the price seems no cheaper than back in 2012. I do not know if I need just the emitter and glasses, or UHG!!! Suggestions?
Old 08-01-2016, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I've searched and I can't find any info.

I replaced the bulb on my 73742 and when i turned it on it never asked if I replaced the bulb. I have replaced the bulb before and I remember doing it manually but don't remember how.

Anyone know how to reset lamp counter manually? I've tried to initialize in the menu, 2,4,7,0 but that doesnt do it either. Any help appreciated.

thanks
Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
I've searched and I can't find any info.

I replaced the bulb on my 73742 and when i turned it on it never asked if I replaced the bulb. I have replaced the bulb before and I remember doing it manually but don't remember how.

Anyone know how to reset lamp counter manually? I've tried to initialize in the menu, 2,4,7,0 but that doesnt do it either. Any help appreciated.

thanks

I did not even know about the reset counter :/ but hopefully this will help you! It is the PDF of the service manual. I hope like heck I got the link right.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3mXZadGdsuXDNA
Old 08-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieVampyress View Post
I did not even know about the reset counter :/ but hopefully this will help you! It is the PDF of the service manual. I hope like heck I got the link right.

thanks for that. unfortunately its not in there
Old 08-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
thanks for that. unfortunately its not in there
Oh darn

Okay, maybe this will work for you? I have no idea, mine never even asked about my having replaced the bulb. :/ I am so confused. All I know is it is working and that makes me happy, lol

How do you reset the Lamp life counter on a Mitsubishi?
Old 08-01-2016, 12:12 PM

No go there either. This is my second bulb replacement and I know I reset it somehow because I had around 11k hours and now I have 14k

I'll keep looking. I called mitsubishi but they said it doesnt have one. I suppose its possible im losing my mind but i know I had to of reset it before.
PixieVampyress likes this.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
No go there either. This is my second bulb replacement and I know I reset it somehow because I had around 11k hours and now I have 14k

I'll keep looking. I called mitsubishi but they said it doesnt have one. I suppose its possible im losing my mind but i know I had to of reset it before.
Well if you find out, please share

And if you see my mind wandering out there with the tumbling tumbleweeds, give it some chocolate and send it home!
Old 08-10-2016, 09:04 AM

If any one has one of the 73's in or around New Jersey that they are looking to get rid of, please let me know. Been looking to replace my Pioneer Pro 620HD with something newer
Old 08-24-2016, 09:05 PM

Liked: 0
I think I remember reading something about my question before but I figured I'd ask while I read previous pages.

My 82842 turns off randomly while watching tv. No pattern to it, happens randomly and has the front led blink for a minute or so. After that stops I can turn it on again. What should I look for?

Tv is connected to my AV receiver. All components (Xbox, sat box) are run through the receiver.

I thought I read it could be some hdmi protection? Like I said, I'm going to read through this thread when I get a chance to see if I can find what I thought I saw.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by calsonicshifter View Post
I think I remember reading something about my question before but I figured I'd ask while I read previous pages.

My 82842 turns off randomly while watching tv. No pattern to it, happens randomly and has the front led blink for a minute or so. After that stops I can turn it on again. What should I look for?

Tv is connected to my AV receiver. All components (Xbox, sat box) are run through the receiver.

I thought I read it could be some hdmi protection? Like I said, I'm going to read through this thread when I get a chance to see if I can find what I thought I saw.

Sometimes it's caused by spurious signals, sometimes it's a firmware issue. What's your current firmware version? Version 14.04 is available. https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/suppor...ments/WD-82842

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi Wd 73c12 73 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Dlp Home Cinema Tv