2012 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (C12/642/742/842 series) - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #1381 of 1386 Old 08-14-2017, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Thanks for reply. I don't use a universal remote. And I'll try removing all other (just BD player) remotes from the room tonight, but I don't think other remote IR output is the prob.

On another note, do we have any intel on when Mitsu might stop manufacturing lamps for these displays? Has anyone gone back and noted what year they stopped making them for a prior model years' displays so we might extrapolate when they will cease for 2012 models . . .?

They still list my 2008 model, so you should be fine https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/Index/

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I'm still on my original bulb from 2012. I never did purchase a replacement. But I did see some on Amazon that got decent reviews even though the cost seemed very low.

$20 seems like an extremely low price.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P8D6A7Q...=1LE2I4X988YWN

Knockoff lamps can damage your TV. "Saving" $100 only to ruin a $1000+ set would be a shame. These lamps don't work like regular light bulbs, thye need tight specs to work with the TV's computer. Buy direct from Mitsubishi. https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/Index/

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1386 Old 08-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Thanks for your comments/reply, Auger.

Quote:
I guess I see why the cost is less. The bulb is not as bright and is not rated for as long a life. So it looks like I would need to spend around $80 to get the equivalent bulb of what came with my TV?

I really wished I had pushed to get a free spare bulb from Mitsubishi years ago. But at least my original bulb still works well. So hopefully it will continue working for a few more years.

I've been using DLP sets since 2005 and so far I've never needed to replace the Bulb with the four sets I've owned.. Although the longest I had owned a DLP set was seven years. And that was a Toshiba set.
Respectfully, I think perhaps the non-OEM LAMPS is the reason for the difference in experience. On balance, I think I've noted over the years more guys needing to replace their (OEM) lamp after many hours of service than not. The slow, minor but significant decrease in overall brightness is remarkably brought to greater attention once the replacement is done. And it's more significant than something that can be compensated for by adjusting brightness or other picture settings. Perhaps if one starts out with a lower overall level of brightness, it's that much more difficult to understand what you're missing and therefore there's no/a different frame of brightness reference. An OEM lamp may need to be changed more often but it provides a greater level of brightness/PQ during its (albeit briefer) lifetime?

I wouldn't lament not getting another lamp from Mitsu back in the day. Not only is that benefit undercut by the fact that they are still making them available now, but it's not like the warranty clock wouldn't have begun ticking until you installed the lamp. The warranty calendar starts ticking down at the date of purchase. Otherwise, I would have stockpiled OEM lamps a couple of years ago.
Augerhandle likes this.
post #1383 of 1386 Old 09-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have a question about the 3d emitter inside a WD-74740. I've never messed around with the 3d on my tv until just recently. I got a pair of Playstaion 3 active 3d glasses. The glasses seem to work great when I am near the TV (8ft or so), but as I move back towards the couch, I lose the 3d signal.

My Tv sits low (about 12 inches off the ground) and if I sit on the floor by the couch, the glasses will work fine. I'm guessing that the IR emitter is too low. I can't raise the tv any because there is a shelf above it.

I was wondering if anyone knew where the internal emitter was located in the TV? Would it be possible to open up the TV and relocate it to a higher position? Or are there any external emitters that are in a decent price range that are compatible with the playstation glasses?

post #1384 of 1386 Old 09-01-2017, 01:51 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6400 Post(s)
Liked: 3959
Does it actually use IR? The one that I have which, is external with my 642, uses RF. And I can be 25 feet away and it will still work.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1385 of 1386 Old 09-01-2017, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Does it actually use IR? The one that I have which, is external with my 642, uses RF. And I can be 25 feet away and it will still work.
Yeah, the 73740 has a built in IR emitter. It has a good range with the PS3 3d glasses, but only if I sit on the floor. The issue I seem to be having is not distance, but height.
post #1386 of 1386 Old 09-02-2017, 02:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysofa View Post
Yeah, the 73740 has a built in IR emitter. It has a good range with the PS3 3d glasses, but only if I sit on the floor. The issue I seem to be having is not distance, but height.

The emitter is behind the screen. Get an external emitter compatible with your glasses and mount it higher.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi Wd 73c12 73 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Dlp Home Cinema Tv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page