Who can I trust to purchase online - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm about to purchase an Mitsubshi WD 73742 online, If I go through Amazon the TV will come from Paul's TV. I've been reading several reviews about shipping horror stories and poor customer service issues regarding Paul's. I also want to get a 5-year warrenty from Square Trade and I'm willing to pay a little more to get the peace of mind of dealing with a company that will stand behind what they sell. Any sugestions or comments greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Hi Rocky i personally got on this forum due to Pauls tv, they suggested i go on here to research products I had a pretty good experience with them I didn't have the money to purchase the 5 year warranty at the time and got it about 3 weeks after i purchased it (apparently i have 30 days to think about it) I did my research on square trade because i did see them on amazon but i did find out that square trade will only cover you up to the cost of the television and then the warranty will expire. So that being said i went with Pauls tv (tcp50st50). As for customer service not really sure, talked to two people dave and john? one for the purchase and the second for the protection plan
post #3 of 13 Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 PM

Liked: 16
If you have a Paul's TV nearby, then go with them and the comfort of protection with the warranty. Not all have had delivery horror stories. I had a plasma delivered today from Paul's and they were great and very professional. I plan on getting the ST warranty from Costco for it. I also have a 92842 coming from Walts TV which is based out of Arizona. I have had nothing but a great experience with them so far. I got my warranty through them too. So I would recommend Walts and Paul's all day.

Mitsubishi WD-92842, Onkyo HT-S9400THX, Oppo BDP-93, XBOX 360 w/Kinect, XBOX (modded), WD My Book Essential, FiOS Bundle
post #4 of 13 Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM

how do you get a ST warranty through costco on a tv that wasnt purchased there? why didnt you get the mits from pauls as well? was walts that so far below in pricing pauls couldnt match it?
post #5 of 13 Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncom3 View Post

how do you get a ST warranty through costco on a tv that wasnt purchased there?

You can go on their website and order it there or go into the store and into the electronics section.. Yes, Costco/ST does offer this...pretty cool isn't it?
Quote:

why didnt you get the mits from pauls as well? was walts that so far below in pricing pauls couldnt match it?

Paul's couldn't get it in stock and had no eta. Plus Walts sold it to me for the price of an 82842 Paul's sale price. I couldn't pass it up.

Mitsubishi WD-92842, Onkyo HT-S9400THX, Oppo BDP-93, XBOX 360 w/Kinect, XBOX (modded), WD My Book Essential, FiOS Bundle
post #6 of 13 Old 08-23-2012, 05:01 PM

what kinda price to get it for through walts?..... is there any threads here that have pitcures of peoples 80 inch setups and what kinda room they are in?
post #7 of 13 Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 PM

I would wait until Labor Day for a possible "weekend only" deal from either. The 2011 owners thread has some pictures and so does the gallery section.

post #8 of 13 Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM

I couldnt find much in the gallery sec,mostly older 60 inch stuff,one or 2 large mits,can you direct me to the pages in the threads thats have pics of the larger mits in living room setups,I couldnt find any in the threads either....
post #9 of 13 Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 AM

always good to call in to had a couple of friends that got it cheaper then what is posted on there website
post #10 of 13 Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:

how do you get a ST warranty through costco on a tv that wasnt purchased there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthuzist View Post

You can go on their website and order it there or go into the store and into the electronics section.. Yes, Costco/ST does offer this...pretty cool isn't it?

From Costco's Web site for the SquareTrade Warranty:

Costco's SquareTrade pricing is exclusive to Costco Members. You must purchase a SquareTrade Service Plan from a Costco Warehouse or from www.costco.com. Costco members may also purchase a SquareTrade Service plan to cover a new TV purchased outside of Costco from an authorized retailer in the US. Service Plan must be bought within 60 days of purchasing the TV. *Excludes limited life consumables such as batteries and lamps.

Looks like I only have a couple more days to get this if I want it for my L75-A94 Laserview that I got from Walt's via Amazon...
post #11 of 13 Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 AM

is there a advantage in buying through amazon rather than just buying direct from walts? Dont both offer a 30 day return policy?
post #12 of 13 Old 09-10-2012, 05:31 AM

Liked: 26
Its hardly a leap of fair these days. Buying big ticket items online is fast, safe and usually cheaper than retail. BUT read the fine print of the company you are buying from, FIRST. I just ordered a 65" from Amazon, my third big screen tv ordered online and delivered in perfect condition. The first I did from Home Shopping Network off tv, over 25 years ago, some projector beast that weighted a ton and two guys had an heck of a time getting it through the patio doors, wouldn't fit in the back or front door...

I was ready to order the set I got from a company I didn't buy from before. Before I pushed the buy button I read their return policy on large screen tv's. Its a major advertiser and often has a cheap price. Guess what, their "return" policy sucks. No returns, no exceptions. Period. Some online outfits like Amazon are very liberal. So is BestBuy, Sears, a bit less. So before jumping on that great price, check what conditions if any apply to returns. Common ones are YOU pay the freight, can be expensive on big screen tv's, might be a restocking fee, or other things.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 AM

I recommend the above advice no matter what or from whom you buy any major purchase. I am very OCD when it comes to big purchases. I study and research for a few years prior to any purchase of this kind. During the time I will price compare, look for pricing trends, read all fine print from the companies I feel safe in buying and track any changes in policies (you would be surprised how often they alter the wording). Of course I may be the extreme, but always take time when you spend your money and you will help eliminate any buyer's remorse.

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Mitsubishi Wd73742 73 Inch Medallion 3d Dlp Home Cinema Hdtv , 3d Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page