Has anybody used an Onkyo receiver with 3D passthrough with their Mitsubishi DLP? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I apologize in advance for the long winded post but all the info is so you can understand my issue.

I have a Mitsubishi WD-73C10 with the Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D emitter and I am thinking about picking up an Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver. The reason I am posting on here is because I have had trouble in the past getting the WD-73C10 to handshake with HDMI devices when using an HDMI switch. I currently have 4 devices using HDMI and will probably have 6-7 when the new Playstation and Xbox come out. Because the TV only has 3 HDMI ports, I am currently using a Monoprice HD-411E3 4 port powered HDMI switch to connect all of my devices. I had to go through a few different HDMI switches before I found one that would handshake with my TV. I have 3 3D capable devices: my PS3, my Xbox 360, and an Nvidia GT430 equipped HTPC. Currently, I only have the PS3 hooked up to the 3D pass-through because when I connect any of the 3D capable devices to the HDMI switch (which supports 3D pass-through), the TV is not able to handshake with any of the devices. I am trying to find an all in one solution to my problem and I have come across the Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver, seeing that it has 7+1 HDMI inputs and 3D pass-through. With this receiver, I should be able to just hook all my HDMI devices and other game consoles to a single point, plug the output from the receiver into the 3D box, and have the 3D box's output go to my TV.

I'm a little afraid to pull the trigger on this receiver because I would be ordering it from Amazon ($300 free shipping vs $600+tax at Best Buy), which would make returning it a bit of a pain, and I am hoping somebody with another Mitsubishi DLP (preferably from the same generation) has the same setup: 2010 Mitsubishi DLP + 3DC-1000 + Onkyo TX series receiver + 3D source, and can tell me if they have had any issues with the TV handshaking with devices passing through the Onkyo Receiver.

Receiver - http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=TX-NR515&class=Receiver&p=i
HDMI Switch - http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=6259&seq=1&format=3#specification

TL;DR: Does anbody have this setup: 2010 Mitsubishi DLP + 3DC-1000 + Onkyo TX series receiver + 3D source...and does it work?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-07-2012, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Bump?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM

I have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and a Mitsubishi WD-82840 using HDMI. The 3D works fine using DirecTV as source. Have not yet tried 3D via DVD player.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-07-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Well I went ahead and ordered the receiver. According to the reviews of the 515 and 616, its a bit of a gamble as to whether it works or not so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page