Samsung HCL5515W has no video, but has sound - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, glad I stumbled onto this forum and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. When I turn on the tv everything seems to be starting up as normal, the sound comes on but the picture doesn't. The picture went out on me as if a switch was turned off as I was watching something on tv.
I have tried different inputs but that doesn't do anything in fact I don't have the menu visible. I'm using video input 1, the video output on the tv works when I hook up a second tv. I know my input signal is fine. Like I said I cannot see anything on the screen not even the menu. The three lamps are glowing at the bottom so that seems fine but nothing comes out at the top. There must be some controller at fault but have no clue as to where to look for it.
Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, TV model is HCL5515W, it's a rear projection tv made in 2001
Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

I think it's a powersupply problem, I measure 25V where it should be 30V and -21V where it should be -30V. I measure 113V where it should be 117V. Also the the IC801S gets very hot. Could it be the IC801S or is it something related to this. If you have experience with this, let me know.
Thanks,

Chris