Mitsubishi WS-55807 Convergence issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

Up until recently my Mitsubishi 55in rear projection TV has been running fine. One day I had it on for maybe ~10 hours and I noticed there was yellow and blue "shadowing." We used to be on a service plan and I think the last time we got the TV serviced was at least 5 years ago. I tried messing with the convergence in the menu using the remote but it wasn't fixing the issue (maybe it didn't cause I got frustrated from it not making it any better). Is this something that can be fixed cheap or by myself? Is accessing the front of the TV and manually adjusting the convergence possible? I wasn't ever around when they serviced the TV so I don't know exactly what they did. Below is a picture of my TV. There are some reflections on the TV, but you can see my issue in the TV Guide text.

Sorry for the double posts. I kept getting a server error when trying to post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1 or both of the convergence chips have gone bad and will need to be replaced. If you're handy/comfortable with electronics and a soldering iron this is a simple desolder and replace repair. I had to replace the chips in my Panasonic last year. This is something I'd never done before, and my tv is good for another few years. Various stores online sell kits to do the repair.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page