Toshiba 65H84 Display Range - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Toshiba 65H84 rear projection HDTV that has been through a few moves. I'm thinking the lenses may have moved a bit during a few of these moves. What's being displayed extends beyond the sides of my screen.

I'll use ESPN as a reference. Watching SportsCenter, the ticker at the botton projects nearly halfway beyond the bottom of the screen to where I can only read the top half of the ticker. And about 25% of the large topic bubbles on the left side of the screen fall out of the left side display range.

I know I can adust my display settings. It is set to NORMAL and not STRETCH or any other setting that would extend the display beyond my screen. Does anyone know how to adjust the display setting to basically match the display size to within my screen range (kind of like a convergence, but not really converging the lenses so much as reducing the display range)? Is this something that is handled through the Service Menu?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM

Bumping for interest.  I have the exact same problem on the exact same Toshiba model.  The image extends beyond the top, bottom and sides of the screen so anything displayed on any edge can not be seen.  I have tried every menu option and can't find one that allows me to finely adjust the screen size.  It must have drifted over time and it seems to be getting worse.

I hope someone has a solution -- this model is getting old, and maybe a lot of people are starting to have this issue.

Scott

post #3 of 3 Old 11-28-2013, 12:16 PM

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page