Help !!! Mitsubishi 65737 HDMI Ports Not Working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction here. I plugged my laptop into my tv via HDMI the other day and the screen was flickering. Shortly thereafter, none of my hdmi ports would work. When pressing Activity on the remote, there is no option to select any of the 3 hdmi sources I have plugged in. Furthermore, I am experiencing the following when accessing the Menu:

Unable to select 3D Mode
All HDMI Inputs are listed, but unable to be selected (they are greyed out)

I gone through the process of resetting the tv and inputs but nothing has changed. I've tried multiple hdmi cables and a variety of hdmi input sources (pc, ps3, directv) and nothing seems to activate the ports for any type of set up. I fear that I'm probably screwed here, but am hoping there might be light at the end of the tunnel somewhere. I am trying to avoid dealing with a tv repair company, as I know they charge ridiculous rates.

Could it be as simple as replacing the main board? If so, how difficult would this be? I found one on ebay here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-WD-65737-MAIN-BOARD-934C3280-212A01701-/320995596486#vi-content

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what else to do besides fork out money to have a professional repair it. Lastly, it is not under warranty.

Thanks again in advance for any suggestions/information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-28-2012, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
If it is the main board and it probably is, it's simple to replace. Similar to installing a motherboard in a computer. There's a couple of steps to be performed afterward through the service menu, it's in the service manual. I would first try to install the latest firmware.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Just purchased a new board. Keeping my fingers crossed this solves the problem. Thanks for your help.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
You problely should have use the MENU 123 reset first. That resets back to factory and it might have solve the problem. A new main board often requires you back up some adjsustments in the service menu and then restore them to the new board. The MENU 123 only loses the consumer level changes, not the original factory level.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
The other thing is you lose the set hours with a main board replacement, it will start again at zero so you should write down the set hours before you install the replacement.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page