Mitsubishi 73833: for best 3D, what to get? Please help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-28-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I like to keep up with new technology just like everyone else, but can't always swing it. On top of that, I had Craig Rounds calibrate my 73833 a couple years ago, and I have never seen another tv look as good. I'm getting antsy to do something now, so I ordered a darbee, and wanted to try some 3D with the set. I will get a Panny Bluray player so it does the checker board format. Question is, what is the best way for me to do glasses. Does everyone just recommend getting the Mits 3d starter kit and some extra glasses? Or best do to that other link thing? I'd like to watch 3D bluray and 3d channels off of my tivo premier. There are so many conflicting reports,I thought it would be easier to ask on a separate thread and hear from the horses mouth. Please, somebody just tell me what I need to buy. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Do a web search for DLP Link glasses. The model has DLP Link turned on automatically when you turn on FX Gaming (the name of the 3D mode). If you get DLP Link glasses, you do not need to get an emitter.

Also for that model, you need to name the HDMI Input GAME for 3D to work. It was very early in the 3D days an at that time only PC games were in 3D.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Wonderful, thank you for the info and the great reply. Any chance you know which are the best DLP Link glasses to purchase? as I am guessing some are significantly better than others.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page