Sony KDP-65ws550 Convergence Problem or Manual Adjustment - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this KDP-65ws550 for 3 years now and it has worked fine until now. But just this past week I am getting a blue shadow. I've tried the following.:

1. Auto Focus failed to resolve
2. Manual convergence alignment with the remote...the convergence for the yellow/white/red works fine. The blue convergence actually moves it vertically but I can't tell for sure if the horizontal adjustment moves. But the blue is off by 3/4 of an inch in the center of the screen.
3. I've replaced both my convergence ICs (STK-392-560) and it still does the same thing. I read somewhere that the pico fuse on the G2 board may be bad but I can't seem to find an exact set of directions for the KDP-65wd550. The other directions I've found mention a G board but not a G2 board. And I can't seem to find out exactly whether or not there is only 1 or 2 pico fuses on the G2 board. I've found what I thought is the pico fuse (just 1) on the G2 board and my continuity tester said it is good.
4. I also tried the high voltage adjustment in the front for the blue but when I adjust it I seem to get a lighter screen and a series of lines that i didn't have before.

I don't have any lines on the screen. I just see a blue shadow. It actually looks like a blue and yellow shadow.

There was a wing nut on the top of the blue lens that was loose but I think that might only be for securing the lens and not for adjusting the alignement.

I spoke to a tech who said if the problem persists after replacing the STK392-560 ICs that the pico fuse is probably bad. But I can't confirm what component it is or how many there are. What I thought was the pico fuse was a larger component, white with an almost conical end on it that was a darker blue.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it the pico fuse?
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page