HLR5067w input issues - digital board or something else? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,
I just replaced the lamp on a hlr5067wx/xaa tv that i found outside my apartment complex, I do not know what else was wrong with the tv before. But after i put the new lamp in and power it up than I get purple and white static like bars across the tv. Any idea what is causing this. I have uploaded a clip to youtube to show you what it looks like. The menus show up fine above the issues, and when I go to the tv guide then i dont see the bars. Only on the inputs.

Now the lamp i got back was slightly different in that it didnt have a bump on the back but it fit in there good.
Thanks,
Randy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGVT1JyzU-M&feature=g-upl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
welcome to the Samsung Dlp tv nightmare. Well atleast you know now why it was dumpster bound.
I have the same exact set that I paid $1900 for in 2005, I only got 1 good year of it actually working like it was suppose to and then another 3 years of having to fiddle with it every time I wanted to watch tv then the bulb finally blew and its been sitting in my storage shed ever since.
Im debating on throwing it away or getting a bulb since bulbs are down to $35 presently for it.
If I remember right, we had a Comcast installer over for some reason and he connected the cable box in a way that it was working pretty reliably for the last 2 months before the bulb burning out. I recall he connected it to analog inputs, Id try that. Maybe you can get your moneys worth out of the bulb.
Me and my family have boycotted samsung over this. I avoid there products at all cost! Jesus I wish I had that $1900 to spend on a tv today!
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page