Mitsubishi 2007 DLP vs 2012 DLP: still geometry issues? Better PQ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking to upgrade my 73833 to something at least the same size or bigger...although its difficult to find. As far as I know, my only options are another DLP, Sharp 80", or Samsung 75". The Sammy is $10k so can't swing that. The sharp is doable around $4000 but slightly worried about quality and Sharps financials. So as always the Mits DLP gets you best bang for the buck, but my biggest complaints on my 07 73" was geometry... Significant amount of pincushion that was best corrected by an isf guy but still there and still annoying. Does anyone know if geometry issues are better with the 2012 73s and 82s? Also I'm wondering if there have been improvements in picture quality over those 5 years. One would think. Also, it sounds like the sound bar built into the new Mits diamonds sound pretty good as well, but geometry and picture quality really are my main concerns on the new 73s and 82s. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
There's still geometry issues on the new TVs as well. I have a WD-72642 and was able to correct most of it pretty decently.

I've still got some minor issues in the extreme upper left, extreme upper right, extreme lower left middle, and extreme lower right middle, but it's all very much acceptable and I'm able to use it with my HTPC just fine without being annoyed...

Can't say anything about the picture quality vs the old ones, but I'd assume it'd have been improved with new chips and all.

What I can say is the picture quality of my 72642 is pretty awesome. No complaints at all.

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page