Help with Sony SXRD KDS50a2000..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
TV worked ok on Sunday, but when turned off that night it would not turn off from the cable remote. Had to manually turn it off on the TV itself. Now when it gets turned on using the Sony TV remote, screen is black, channel shows upper left corner, bottom right corner says "no signal". Have Comcast cable box. Have used the remote for the cable box, and the remote from the Sony TV ( which I've not used for years) and I can't get it off that screen. I've been through all the settings, checked all the connections, unplugged and plugged in everything. I have another TV in the bedroom and it's also cable and it works fine. Cable company says it's my TV that is the problem. Never noticed before when I have turned it on, but the green light blinks 9 times.....is that normal, or not? It will now turn on and off using the Sony TV remote, but not with the Comcast cable remote.....but still get the black screen with "no signal". The cable remote will turn the cable box on and off, but has no effect on the TV. Checked outside and the connection all looks good. Any thoughts???? Appreciate very much!!!!!

Panasonic GT50 55"
Oppo 103 Blu-Ray Player
Denon 2112CI AVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Press the input button on the Sony and try them all.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-07-2012, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank you for your reply ndavej. That did give me a picture again, but now I can only turn the TV on and off using the Sony remote instead of the cable remote. Something's still not quite right, and I'm still working on figuring it out. But I do have a picture again!!! And it was an easy fix!! Thank you.

Panasonic GT50 55"
Oppo 103 Blu-Ray Player
Denon 2112CI AVR
post #4 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 288
On your cable remote, press TV, hold setup for 2 blinks then press 10000, (2 blinks for success). Your remote should work the tv now. If it doesn't work, you have a different cable remote than I thought. So post the model number you see inside the battery bay.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony Kds 50a2000 Kds50a2000 Bare Lamp Xl5200 , Philips Lighting Sony Kds 50a2000 Kds50a2000 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page