PT-52LCX65 EEPROM update tool (LSUQ0100) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi -

I purchased my Panasonic DLP tv in 2006. We have had some color spots on the TV since we changed the bulb the first time several years into owning the TV. They were very faint, so never really cared much. however, they just became very prominent.

After alot of research, I found that there was a Service Bulletin about this very problem (SB-B19-08-01) and Panasonic would do the EEPROM upgrade free of charge up until 3/31/11.

I am trying to see if anyone knows where to purchase the tool needed to upgrade or if this is still possible via any repair vendors WITHOUT changing the light engine, which several TV repair shops have told me was needed, over the phone, without looking at my set. Light Engines would be inthe ball park of $300, so looking for an alternative, short of buying a new TV.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can find the tool on eBay if you are lucky. I just had a tech come out five minutes ago and he fixed mine, I only paid 50 for the TV and it cost a couple hundred bucks to get rid of the spots. Message me if you have any questions.
Reply Rear Projection Units