Hello everyone I am new to AVS and was highly recommended here by a friend who does a lot of Home Theater.
I've had plasma's LCD's LED's and have now traversed into new ground buying a "newused" DLP.
There has been some great threads on cleaning and maintenance but I was wondering if If anyone new any specs on my DLP.
I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD-73C8 and was wondering if anyone else had one. I have questions such as :
1.OEM lamp life,
2. How do you check lamp hours
3. What is the best setup for picture.
4. How old is this set? (i figured it to be at least a few years old)
5. Where does the WD-73C8 stand in the hierarchy of big screen Mitsu's
5. Is the 3D emitter built in or do I need the starter kit?
tried to tell me a 200w bulb as opposed to my OEM 180w bulb would give me a better picture, is this true?
I've dug through the forums but everyone seems to have a newer and nicer DLP than what I currently have. Since this is my first foray into the unknown it will inevitably end up in the garage for my mancave but I want to educate myself before I get a nicer set.
lastly is the Mistusbishi 92" really worth the thousands?
Again my apologies if this post is in the wrong thread and if my questions have been posted a million times but thank you for whoever can lend an ear to educate me.