AVR advice with a 82742 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up a 82742 and have an old Pioneer Elite reciever that was pre-hdmi era. I am wondering what type of avr's are being used with respect to ease of use with this TV. I have a 5.1 speaker setup, have a sammy 3d blu-ray player and was somewhat interested in streaming/wireless features.

I was looking at the Pioneer VSX-60, but having multiple devices that stream, up-encode, built in wireless, etc that it becomes a mess linking everything. Do most of you use the avr as the brain running everything through that and the tv as simply a monitor and turn everything overlapping off, or is it a mix and mash thing were you simply have to put in the hours figuring out what each device can do??

Anyway, would like to hear some feedback with certain avr brands/models in which it was a great match or nightmare!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an older pre hdmi avr as well, and it supports 7.1 sound. The 82742 only supports 5.1, so you might want to stick with an older model, and just do the hdmi switching with that instead of with the tv. I went nuts for hours trying to figure out why i couldn;t get my avr to do 7.1, and then a call to mits confirmed that they only support 5.1.

(7.1 adds two speakers directly behind the seating.)