Another "White Dot" thread, part question (Samsung HL50A650) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I'm another Samsung DLP owner that has recently been stuck with the "white dot" issue. I've contacted samsung and got the dreaded "normal wear and tear" response. I gave Samsung a little piece of my mind after learning about how many people have had this issue when I googled it. Blows my mind they can get away with this excuse knowing that this DLP chip is clearly of poor quality and/or defective.

Since Samsung has refused to help me in any way whatsoever, I've done the research to replace it myself and found this chip and this guide (which isn't my exact model but I'm hoping the process is similar).

Two questions:

1. Is this the link I posted above the correct chip (my model is listed in the decription for this chip), and if so - is this item of acceptable quality/price?
2. Is the guide I've found a close enough model to be able to replicate the steps myself with my model? (video is a HL-T6187S, mine is a HL50A650)

I'm pretty tech savvy, I build alot of PC's in my spare time and have disassembled the TV before for lamp replacement, so I'm not extremely worried, just wanted to get some expert advice here from people who may have been through this before.

Thanks for any help!