MITS WD62530 RED picture After replacing Lamp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TV has worked good other than having to change lamp a couple times . The lamp popped a few days ago so I ordered a new one . Other than being a little dark the TV worked ok before replacing the lamp . While waiting for the new lamp I decided to clean the light engine mirrors etc. . I am 99.9% sure everything was reassembled correctly and after seeing the problem I double checked . The problem is when I turned the set on after replacing everything the picture is very very RED . Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong ? The screen also stays completely red after turning off for about 20 seconds . See on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSVDQeQMsI&feature=youtu.be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I didn't recognize the model number. At first it looked like a CRT RPTV made until I looked it up. I forgot Mits did sell LCD RPTV's in 2007 and before for a short period of time.

First, is this on all inputs? How about the menu, how does that look? If the menu is ok, how about the internal tuner? If that is still ok, check your inputs.
If all of the above is bad, I would strongly recommend getting the Service Manual. wink.gif You will have to open it up to check all cable assemblies inside and re-seat any of those connections. This is under the assumption you are comfortable with this and basically know what you are doing. It's surely not the lamp, but by removing and inserting the replacement a bad connection might of developed.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Mason View Post

TV has worked good other than having to change lamp a couple times . The lamp popped a few days ago so I ordered a new one . Other than being a little dark the TV worked ok before replacing the lamp . While waiting for the new lamp I decided to clean the light engine mirrors etc. . I am 99.9% sure everything was reassembled correctly and after seeing the problem I double checked . The problem is when I turned the set on after replacing everything the picture is very very RED . Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong ? The screen also stays completely red after turning off for about 20 seconds . See on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSVDQeQMsI&feature=youtu.be

Yep, a 3-LCD Mitsubishi. This has nothing to do with the lamp.

1. First possibility, you did something wrong in reassembling the LE, specifically with respect to the red path. If you didn't get the ribbon cable for the red path LCD panel seated correctly, the red will be on full blast. The natural unpowered state of a 3-LCD panel will transmit all the light, and that could be what is happening to the LCD panel in the red path. As you probably noticed at the time, it's hard to tell when the ribbon cable is in all the way. I always make a line on them with a sharpie before unplugging them, so when I reassemble them I know how far to plug in the ribbon.

2. Second possibility, if you actually removed the dichroic mirrors that break up the white light into R, G, and B, you could have put them back into the wrong places or backwards. Check by shining a flashlight into the light engine and seeing if you get R, G, and B in the right places.

3. Third possibility, you missed a cable connection to the light engine driver board. I don't remember how this is cabled, but generally you don't have separate cables for R, G, and B, just one big VGA-style cable, so I don't see this as a likely possibility.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Excellent post Chuck. wink.gif

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Found out that the ribbon on the red had came unplugged . But why is my picture clear and consistent but rather dark (it adjusts with remote but not bright enough) and whites are yellowish ? Picture was similar before the lamp popped . I replaced the lamp with a lamp that is guaranteed for 6 mos. . Could it be a cheaper lamp problem or is LE getting weak ? Thanks
post #6 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Mason View Post

Found out that the ribbon on the red had came unplugged . But why is my picture clear and consistent but rather dark (it adjusts with remote but not bright enough) and whites are yellowish ? Picture was similar before the lamp popped . I replaced the lamp with a lamp that is guaranteed for 6 mos. . Could it be a cheaper lamp problem or is LE getting weak ? Thanks

Re dark picture, don't understand this.

Re yellowish whites, this is a degenerative problem with all 3-LCD designs. See Linke's site for much more: https://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/sonyrearprojectionlcdtv-opticalblock. Linke's site is Sony-specific, but all 3-LCD designs are near-identical, which does not include LCOS/SXRD designs. Not a lamp problem. Probably also seeing traces of blue in your blacks. Your problem specifically is probably the LCD panel in the blue path that is dying.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page