Very short tv stand - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchase a 73inch Mitsubishi C12 dlp tv, and am baffled by the things height. I am looking to purchase a tv sand of 16 inches or below similar to the Salamander Designs - Synergy 133, except not 1000$. My budget for this is in the rang of 200-350$. Anyone have any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lichtman View Post

I recently purchase a 73inch Mitsubishi C12 dlp tv, and am baffled by the things height. I am looking to purchase a tv sand of 16 inches or below similar to the Salamander Designs - Synergy 133, except not 1000$. My budget for this is in the rang of 200-350$. Anyone have any recommendations?

I recently picked up a Zline Becton from Fry's it replaced an 19.5 inch (H) stand, Its 18inch high 68 wide and 20 deep, solid wood cherry and comes with changeable door panels and is the perfect height for my 73738,I looked at the Salamander but liked the Zline better and best of all it holds my 25x9 center channel cost $349;)
post #3 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 AM

Are the shelves adjustable on the Becton ?

Could you provide the dimensions of the shelves...........Thanks
post #4 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeingst View Post

Are the shelves adjustable on the Becton ?
Could you provide the dimensions of the shelves...........Thanks

The two side compartments are only 14 inches wide and 15 high maybe an cable box, Xbox or Playstation will work there but plenty of space for movies an such, the center compartment is 32 inches wide and all shelves are adjustable and hold up to 50lbs, if your looking to store all your gear this stand may be a no go if you have a large center as well, but if like me you wanted a stand low enough with good looks and ample space for a center channel this cant be beat:)
post #5 of 6 Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM

I really liked that stand and it would have been a great fit for my 25+ x 9 center speaker but I need it to house my receiver, blu-ray player and cable box which are all 17 inches wide. I ended up going with the 74 inch Legends Ashton Place console. It is a little higher than I would like at 26 inches but it has room for my large center speaker and both the side shelf areas are 17 1/4 which works for all my stuff.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeingst View Post

I really liked that stand and it would have been a great fit for my 25+ x 9 center speaker but I need it to house my receiver, blu-ray player and cable box which are all 17 inches wide. I ended up going with the 74 inch Legends Ashton Place console. It is a little higher than I would like at 26 inches but it has room for my large center speaker and both the side shelf areas are 17 1/4 which works for all my stuff.

That's the trade off I was unwilling to make (stand over 19 inches high) so I went with a VTI rack for my gear.

and congrats on the Ashston! smile.gif
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page