Very short tv stand - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Jeremy Lichtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchase a 73inch Mitsubishi C12 dlp tv, and am baffled by the things height. I am looking to purchase a tv sand of 16 inches or below similar to the Salamander Designs - Synergy 133, except not 1000$. My budget for this is in the rang of 200-350$. Anyone have any recommendations?
Jeremy Lichtman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lichtman View Post

I recently purchase a 73inch Mitsubishi C12 dlp tv, and am baffled by the things height. I am looking to purchase a tv sand of 16 inches or below similar to the Salamander Designs - Synergy 133, except not 1000$. My budget for this is in the rang of 200-350$. Anyone have any recommendations?

I recently picked up a Zline Becton from Fry's it replaced an 19.5 inch (H) stand, Its 18inch high 68 wide and 20 deep, solid wood cherry and comes with changeable door panels and is the perfect height for my 73738,I looked at the Salamander but liked the Zline better and best of all it holds my 25x9 center channel cost $349;)
audiofan1 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Newbie
 
cyeingst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are the shelves adjustable on the Becton ?

Could you provide the dimensions of the shelves...........Thanks
cyeingst is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeingst View Post

Are the shelves adjustable on the Becton ?
Could you provide the dimensions of the shelves...........Thanks

The two side compartments are only 14 inches wide and 15 high maybe an cable box, Xbox or Playstation will work there but plenty of space for movies an such, the center compartment is 32 inches wide and all shelves are adjustable and hold up to 50lbs, if your looking to store all your gear this stand may be a no go if you have a large center as well, but if like me you wanted a stand low enough with good looks and ample space for a center channel this cant be beat:)
audiofan1 is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Newbie
 
cyeingst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I really liked that stand and it would have been a great fit for my 25+ x 9 center speaker but I need it to house my receiver, blu-ray player and cable box which are all 17 inches wide. I ended up going with the 74 inch Legends Ashton Place console. It is a little higher than I would like at 26 inches but it has room for my large center speaker and both the side shelf areas are 17 1/4 which works for all my stuff.
cyeingst is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyeingst View Post

I really liked that stand and it would have been a great fit for my 25+ x 9 center speaker but I need it to house my receiver, blu-ray player and cable box which are all 17 inches wide. I ended up going with the 74 inch Legends Ashton Place console. It is a little higher than I would like at 26 inches but it has room for my large center speaker and both the side shelf areas are 17 1/4 which works for all my stuff.

That's the trade off I was unwilling to make (stand over 19 inches high) so I went with a VTI rack for my gear.

and congrats on the Ashston! smile.gif
audiofan1 is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off